Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 34: What can't I remember?

Chapter 34: What can’t I remember?

I was moved out away from my new husband for pictures with my wedding party. I was still in a daze when my now official sister-in-law aka Alice came to my side.
“It was beautiful!” she cried as she gave me a hug “Couldn’t have been better!”
“No.” I blushed “Couldn’t have been.”
“Now.” Alice picked up my long train. “We need to round everybody up for the pictures.”
She towed me over to where the photographer was setting up, splayed out my train and commanded me to be good as she fetched my mother.
“Hello.” Said the tall brunette with the camera “You must be the bride.” He smirked
I looked down at my dress and back at him “No shit Sherlock.” I mumbled
“Not at me.” He cried as his hands flew up “Saw all that pent up aggression for your wedding night.”
I blushed beet red as he began instructing me when to smile and which ways to turn. He flashed off what seemed like hundreds of pictures than called “Husband!” into the air
Within two seconds Jasper was there at my side, smiling down at me. He came seemingly out of thin air.
“Uhh…” stuttered the photographer. It was his turn to be flabbergasted. “Husband stand next to wife.” He commanded and Jasper turned closer into me.
“How are you?” he whispered, placing hid hand on mine at the cameraman’s command.
“Fantastic.”
He smiled.
“Wedding party!” I heard a high voice squeaked. I turned my head to find Alice’s hair flying toward me. She good humorly elbowed her brother out of the way and grabbed my arm. “My turn!” she called and she gathered Rosalie and Isabella around me.
“You and your groom’s men are going to get your pictures next.”
My husband left and good-naturally let me go to stand beside Peter, Edward and, Emmett.
I smiled widely as Peter patted him on the shoulder. Jasper had been so happy to see him yesterday.

“We’re going to be lopsided!” screeched Alice as she took in our parties. I stood there in a white spring gown with Bella and Rosalie by my side. My maid of honor’s space was empty because it seemed she was going crazy.
“It’ll be okay.” I soothed
“No.” she stated “It’s not. No normal wedding is lopsided.”
“We’re not exactly “normal”.” I reminded her. “When the chief members of the wedding party are vampires, you can’t exactly have a ‘normal’ wedding.”
“Not helping!” she cried and ran about the Cullen’s living room. Jasper sighed and brought me closer.
“I’m sorry.” I whispered
He shook his blonde-haired head “There was no guarantee that he’d come.”
Jasper had wanted his Best Man to be the one person who was his first brother and the one who had given him the first push towards this new life. He wanted Peter. He had sent out several invitations to him, sending one to every house, apartment and PO box he had ever had to his name; or in any of his alias’s.
“I know…” I sighed then stopped, it was eerily quiet. “Alice?”
I saw the tip of her hair poking out from the headrest of the white sofa.
“Alice?” I asked again and walked towards her, followed by the family. I turned around the couch to find her eyes open and she was smiling.
“Helping.” She whispered right before there was a ring from the door bell. A wind swept by me and stirred up my hair as my fiancé ran to the door and swung it open.
“Peter!” He cried. I saw his topaz eyes light up.
“Wasn’t I expected?” I heard another low voice respond. I watched as the light blonde man step in towing two women.
“I’m glad you’re here…” jasper started then cocked his head at the new arrival.
“This is why we’re late.” He pointed to a dark haired girl with nervous red eyes. “We picked her up down in Texas. She used to fight with us, remember?”
My husband to be cocked his head to the side then smiled. “Yes, Jenn. Right?”
The girl nodded. “It’s good to see you well.”
“You too.” He ushered his guests in. they were immediately attacked by Alice.
“You need to study the ceremony!” She cried “And, Peter, I have your Tuxedo upstairs.” She turned to the two women “I’ll go and buy some appropriate attire for you two as soon as possible. Thank god I bought extra contacts!” she ejaculated
“Contacts?” asked Charlotte
“Yeah,” I called as I walked up to her and gave her a hug. “We need you all to wear contacts to cover up your eye color. We have human guests that might get a little uneasy…” I trailed off
“Your family?” she asked, I nodded “Yes. We all are willing. Anything to help and old friend.” She paused “And a new one.” I smiled.

“Places!” Alice called and she shuffled everyone together. We had finished separate party pictures and I had gotten pictures taken with my Mother and Father. WE were together for a large group picture. Jasper and I stood in the middle with our parents on their respective sides and the rest of the parties shooting off the sides.
“One.” Said Geof, the photo guy “Two, Three.” The flashbulb let off and covered us in light. He flashed off and few more and began to take apart his equipment.
“Wonderful!” he called “Just wonderful! Your pictures will be ready in a few weeks.”
“Yes thank you!” called Alice. Geof nodded and continued to shut down his equipment and headed for a van.

“Reception!” called Alice, once again taking the lead “Go toward the limos!”
Alice and I had decided to do the reception somewhere else. It was this pretty little garden place not thirty minutes from the Cullen home. When we got there all the flowers were in bloom and perfuming the night air. My husband took my hand and helped me out of the limousine. Alice quickly skipped over to unbutton the long train, making it now possible to dance.

“Ready?” Alice asked, skipping over to where I sat and I nodded. Everyone Else was already in the building, haven already eaten. I had to eat in this weird tent thing with this large bib covering up my dress. At first I had complained until Alice had tapped her skull and said “If you had eaten with the others you would be doing your first dance with a wine stain on your bodice, want that?”
I had nodded fervently and had greatfully taken the bib.
It was now time fro the first dance. Jasper gave me his arm and kissed me sweetly on the lips, his ice cold body doing wonders for my heart-racing fevered body.
“The wedding’s already over.” He whispered
“First dance.” I gasped
“That’s why we took lessons.” He led me into the large dance area just as the announcer called “I know present to you, for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Jasper Whitlock!”
The crowd cheered now, instead of whispering after Rosalie and Carlisle had made up a clever lie that “Whitlock” was Rosalie and Jasper’s mother’s maiden name and how Jasper had always felt more towards their mother than father. Somehow with the Cullen’s magical charm everyone believed them, for which, I was very thankful.
Jasper swept me up into his arms and onto the dance floor and the waltz began. My dress flew around me as I somehow managed intricate turns and steps.
“See.” The love on my existence murmured into my ear “Easy Peasy.”
“Easy Peasy, my ass.” I whispered back “You’re the one doing all the dancing, I’m just going along for the ride.” He laughed.
He smiled and laughed through the whole wedding which made it easier for me to keep together, even through the father-daughter dance where my Dad had chosen some sad country song about giving your daughter away and had cried through the whole thing.
We had smiled as a dozen pictures were taken as Jasper and I cut the cake and fed forkfuls to each other and gave each other champagne. I lasted through the whole embarrassing garter-toss thing and tried not to blush too badly, though I bet I didn’t succeed, when it flew right onto a surprised Peter’s face.
I was practically dead when the night was over.
“God!” I cried as I sat down in a chair and glared at the couples still dancing “How can they do it?”
“Red Bull?” Jasper offered
“Truck fulls.”
“You can go anytime, you know.” Said Alice as she swept by. I grabbed her arm.
“You’re kidding.”
She raised a delicate eyebrow, “No, I’m not.”
I stood up, renewed “We’re going.” I grabbed Jasper’s arm.
“Okay.” She said a smirk filling up her face “Have fun.”
I blushed for the thousandth time that time as I pulled Jasper out of the room and into a waiting car.
His kissed me. “Hotel?” he whispered making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I nodded. “Okay.”
He drove, A little faster than usual I might add, to the large five star Seattle hotel we were staying at for tonight.
He whisked me quickly out of the car and into his arms.
“What are you doing!” I gasped as we entered the hotel and Jasper took our key out of his pocket. He raised an eyebrow.
“Over the threshold…”
“That’s a house, not a hotel!”
“Whatever.” He sighed and he pushed the button for the elevator.
“Everyone’s staring.” And it was true the whole lobby filled with guests was staring right at us.
“And they feel happy for us.”
“Really?” I asked
“Of, course.”
The elevator dropped us off at our large roof-top room. I opened the door to find all of our luggage inside and the bed scattered with rose petals.
“Alice.” I whispered
“And Emmett.” He added laughing. He turned to look at me “now lets get you out of that dress.” He already had discarded his jacket and tie and wore his shirt unbuttoned. He turned off the lights.
“Hey,” I called into the darkness “Jasper!” I felt cool hands touch my spine and I shivered.
“I’m right here.” His godly voice answered ans he undid the back of my dress and slipped it off of me. “I’m right here.”
He lifted me off the ground and I couldn’t help but gasp at the sensation off his cold, hard body on mine.
“I love you.” I whispered as he laid me on the bed.
“I love you too.”
“You were meant for me…”
“Perhaps as a punishment.” I finished laughing.
He turned on the side lamp, blinding me for a few seconds.
“What?” I cried out.
“Do you think you’re a punishment?” his eyes bore into mine.
“Uh...” I stuttered “I didn’t really mean it.”
“I know.” He sighed and placed a shiver inducing kiss on my bare collarbone “If anything I’m a punishment for you.”
“Now that’s impossible!” I laughed “You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.”
“You’re going to die. Either way, if you become a vampire or you die trying…” I saw his eyes scrunch up in pain. I touched his cheek softly and kissed him.
“That’s tomorrow.” I reminded him. “Let’s forget it until then.” He growled in agreement.

At the end of the night I couldn’t even remember what I wasn’t supposed to remember.