Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 6: a shocking trip

Chapter 6 ;A shocking Trip

"Man!!!!! What to wear! Today is Saturday, the day I promised to go shopping with Alice. But, what should I wear? Are we going to a casual shopping mall? Though, Alice's clothing, though simple, always are designer and very rich looking. But wear would you get that here? There are no designer clothing stores in almost all of Washington! If so, where are we going!!!!!!?” I thought as I franticly moved about my room throwing my clothing around. I knew I should have done this last night like I knew I shouldn’t be over thinking this.
Vrooooooom. SHREECH!
"I guess I won't have to wonder at all long. I guess she's here. But still!" I thought while the car noises stopped. At that moment I heard a knock on my door and a little soprano voice saying "Can I come in?'
"Su-sure Al-Alice." I stumbled at the words. "I didn't hear you; sorry I'm not dressed yet."
"I can see." She said with a laugh "Really? HELLO KITTY? I didn't think you were that type of gal.... and by the by, did a hurricane come through here?!"
"Oh." Was all I could say while I looked at the state of my room in my indecision about my clothing I had strewn my entire closet on the floor.
"What were you doing?" she said with mock alarm
"Getting dressed." I said with a little embarrassment “I didn't know what to wear, were we going?"

"On a shopping trip silly!” She delicately jumped throughout my room and her quick little fingers snatched up a few articles of clothing “I think you should wear this, casual but classy." responded Alice
She held up a pair of black jeans and a black lace-trimmed shirt with a metallic silver cami.
"Yes, that's good." She approved as I modeled the clothes, " Wear that pair of, what do you call them?, oh combat boots."
As I put on my boots I noticed Alice looked a little more well dressed (if possible) and defiantly more excited as usual.
I asked my question again "Where ARE we going Alice?"
She once again responded "It's a surprise!" with this I gave up.
When I had finished dressing, she began to skip down the stair and I followed. "Why is she so excited?, It's like she can't wait for me to get out of the house?"
When I had exited the building I saw the reason why.
"Jasper!" I shouted in my head "She brought Jasper along on this trip! Oh, god this is going to be a day!” I mentally slammed on the breaks and she basically dragged me to the door of her car.
"Okay! You’re going to sit in the back seat with Jasper. I need the front seat to hold my stuff and for... urm... navigational purposes" Said Alice looking at me with a mischievous smile and to Jasper who had a slightly startled look on his face like Alice lied to get him here.

"Come on Winnie we've only got all day!" shouted Alice while shoving me in the 911 Turbo in canary yellow, which was her car. I didn't even bother arguing with her. I would most defiantly lose.
I got in the car and sat next to Jasper. I was sure in for a long ride.
For a while I looked out the window. I asked for the radio, and then I wanted it off. I tried to talk to Jasper but to no avail, Alice "couldn't talk because she was driving." All this was getting me nervous and keyed-up. I began to become claustrophobic and started fidgeting with my purse. When I did this I looked at Jasper and he looked at me. Then, all of a sudden I started to become strangely calm and then I slowly drifted to sleep...
HONK!!!!! A loud horn blast awakened me from my slumber. "Hmmmm." I thought to calm to become fully awake “does Alice have an air freshener in her car? She must and I HAVE to ask her where she bought it. It smells SO good. Musky but sweet. Hey WAIT!!! WHAT AM I SLEEPING ON?!!" I slowly opened my eyes to reveal that I was sleeping on Jasper's shoulder. His eyes were closed and his neck was strained but, not as bad as I had seemed during lunch or art. I turned my head toward him and his eyes shot down at me as if he had heard me wake up.
" So you are awake at last." said he with a smile
"Oh god!" I thought “His voice is more wonderful than I had remembered. And his smile? Had I really lived a week without hearing and seeing him?! Wait, the smell was him?"

"Oh!" I said through my reverie I had completely forgotten where I lay. I quickly moved into an upright position and looked out the window. Before I had turned, I shot a quick look at Jasper. He had a startled look on his face and a look of, what, hunger?

When I looked out the window I saw a misty, shadowy city.
"Hmmmm." I thought "Looks like Forks. Was I only asleep for a few minutes?"
Then I noticed the other surroundings. Through the haze I noticed high rise buildings. The fast cars zooming past the shops, the sounds and a sign.
"Los Angeles" Wait don't you mean "port" Angeles. But wait did that sign say California?!
"California?!" I suddenly shouted at Alice. "You took me to California?
"Yep." Alice with little surprise "Too bad it's so dreary this is so unlike California."
Though in her voice I sensed little distain
California, What did I get myself into?