Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 7: A shocking trip II

Chapter 7 ;A Shocking Trip

Come on, Come on! Try this one on too!" said Alice, smiling with delight as she forced a dress near me.
"Alice, you come on!" I shouted back at her in good humour."This is a dress, I told you no dresses. I hate them. Besides, I've been trying on things all day so far. I want to pick out stuff for you." I said with mock enthusiasm. "Aren't you worried about Jasper I'm sure he's bored." As I said this I looked over at Jasper. He was looking at Alice and me like a happy father. He was just grinning looking at us, not even noticing the throngs of women staring at him. Though, who could blame them he was gorgeous. All lean and muscular. Leaning like a golden idol against the railing of the high-class California boutique.
He shifted his eyes toward me and gave me a smile and said
"Don't worry, I'm not bored. I'm used to this. Anyway you've made this entertaining." He added a laugh onto the end.
I gave him a grimace. He must mean the hours and hours of Alice making me try on clothing in several different stores with French names I couldn't read. I took German which helped me in this boutique. "Schon LaMotte" Still, It wasn't any better. Rows and Rows of clothing with huge price tags I could never afford. Alice and Jasper have so far forcefully bought me clothing, some too fancy for our little town of Forks, that I'm sure have already gone into the thousands.
During my refection Alice had shoved me into a changing room and given me a dress. I was black (one yay.) and had lace (two yay.) and was knee length.
Through the curtain alive gave me fishnets and black Mary Janes.
"Seriously Alice!" I said "you expect me to put this on?!"
"Of course I do," she responded "I'm not the only one out here who wants to see this."
That statement forced all my blood into my cheeks and turned my face cherry red.
"Hurry up!" shouted Alice with a giggle
I knew I wasn't getting out of this one.
Quickly I slipped on the tights, dress and shoes and stepped out of the dressing room. I was sure I still had traced of blush on my face and I was once again turned bright by what I walked out into.
There was of course, Alice there waiting to give me approval but I didn't even hear her because of Jasper.
He was standing there perfect with a look that would make any girl swoon. He slowly walked into the changing area and stood there, so close I could smell him and feel his breath on my cheek.
"You look beautiful." Was all he said but, his eyes said different. They were smoldering, on fire with a look of sheer dangerous beauty in their depths.
"Yes." Said Alice. "We're getting that one. You do look wonderful. You really wear the clothing; you don't let it wear you."
As I went back into the changing room, I looked at the tag. $750! For one dress!
I took of the clothing and while walking out of the changing room slipped it on the rack.
"What are you doing?" Asked Alice "You're getting that dress, you can't say you didn't like it."
"But Alice." I responded “I’ll never wear it, where would that be appropriate? I know no where that fancy. And by the way, did you see the price? 750 dollars"
"So!" Said Alice. “This just means we'll go on a trip so you can wear it, you can also wear it at our house. Money isn't an object."
"Alice, I really couldn't...
I didn't finish the sentence because Jasper grabbed the dress and took it to the teller and paid for it.
"See," said Alice. “That wasn't so hard." And handed me the dress and we stepped out onto the street.

We went to several more stores, stopped for lunch at some fancy cafe where they both claimed to be not hungry and were walking toward the beach when the sun started to come out.
Once the sun started to peak out from the clouds, Jasper and Alice gave each other a glace and headed towards Alice's Porsche.
"What's wrong?" I asked Alice, "Why such a hurry."
"Oh it's nothing" answered Jasper "We just promised your mom to have you back for dinner. It's a long drive."
I probably would have had believed that if they hadn't kept looking toward the sun and rushing for the car but suddenly, a wave of calm spread through me and I suddenly didn't care.
When we got to the car, I put the dress in the trunk with the other bags and boxes, and sat in the back next to Jasper.
The whole drive home Jasper talked to me with Alice adding her voice whenever the topic interested her.
"Jasper seems a lot more social than before." I thought "Maybe he's just awkward around new people."
During the ride, Jasper talked to me about the art project we had just completed, shapes and shading, and praised my art to Alice, whom I assured my work wasn't the best all the while Jasper saying mine was the best of the class. I said that I was happy to be starting the next one, human figure. This I said was my favorite. At the talk of this Alice started laughing uncontrollably.
"Alice, Alice! Watch the road wills you!" I shouted at her. "May I ask what's so damn funny?!"
"It’s just...” Laughed Alice “You should see Jasper's "human figures." they are so horrible and hilarious!" She continued laughing as I turned to Jasper to see him hanging his head.
"They are that bad huh?" I asked
All Jasper did was nod his head 'yes'
"Your shapes weren't bad at all." I assured him "I'm sure your good for a beginner; I've just been drawing for awhile."
At this Alice burst out into another round of laughter. I felt as if I missed a crucial joke.
"So Winifred," Said Jasper oh so eager to get off the other subject "What does your family do for a living?"
"My mom worked at home and my dad's a doctor at the forks hospital." I said "That's why we moved here. “The hospital wants to branch out and they need more good technical savvy doctors."
"Really?" said jasper
There was a short silence and Alice shouted "We're here!"
It really didn't take long at all with Alice’s driving. She got us home in half the time a normal person would take. She drives like a maniac.
“See you in school on Monday." Said Alice out of her window
"I'm looking forward to it!" I shouted and this time I really meant it. I couldn't wait to see Jasper again. The new Jasper. Or was it the old Jasper? He's back to how he was the first day, well, the beginning of my first day. I really couldn't wait to see him and, that scares me.