Angel.

II

It was the evening of what had been a long day, the sky was grey and the sun was barely visible behind the billowing clouds. Upon a hill in a field the grass was thick and turquoise in the dull light, the wild wind whirred and whipped through it, the grass swished in squiggly spirals and the howling gale wept as if it were a thousand lost souls.

In the middle of this secluded field a figure was visible sat upon the grass; their pure white skin was glowing like the moon. She was facing the wind head on, knees were bent so her feet lay behind her, her arms were locked straight in front of her as she braced herself against the force of the wind, her bare back stretched forwards, leaning all of her light weight onto her arms, protruding from her shoulder blades were a pair of pure white wings. These wings so large, that you couldn’t tell if they were attached to her, or if she were attached to them, and the only way to distinguish where they ended and her naked form started was because of the presence of light airy feathers, which were getting ruffled and bent in the bitterly cold breeze.

Never had she experienced anything like this in her life, it was as if something were trying to force her off its land. She heard a noise in the distance, was it one of the below?

She didn’t move, she strained to hear past the wind screaming in her ears. From over the hill she saw movement; something furry was heading her direction. As it got closer she saw another not too far behind it, appearing from over the horizon of the hill. They had four legs and they were trotting along at a steady pace towards her.

Soon, she reconised these strange creatures, many of the family she watched over had one of these, a dog, they called them. She opened her mouth to ask them of where she was, but the speech would not come, no noise came from her throat. She waved to them, a friendly form of greeting, she knew, but they did not wave back. So instead she resumed her original position, maybe they had not seen her, for her aura had gone now.

She stretched her wings to their limit, and let them relax out behind her again. This strange force felt odd against her bare skin, something she had never felt before, minuscule white hairs on her arms stood on end and one deep shudder ran through her. She wasn’t sure whether or not this was a good feeling, she didn’t mind her skin tingling, but her body automatically wanted to reject it.

Closing her eyes she could feel a breath of wind flutter across her cheek, a wave of her pure white hair brushed her arm, she liked that feeling, it was similar to the tingling which was used to call an angel to a meet. Another current of wind sounded out like the roaring of the sea. The dog’s panting could be heard now as he neared her and rising from over hill was yet another figure. She heard another sound it was quiet, from in the distance and the bellowing of the air muffled it, but it was there all the same. It was a low mumbling sound; she listened harder and heard it getting nearer.

What in God’s name…As he ascended the grassy slope, he could see an object in the centre. It looked rather like a white marble Statue, but why would someone leave a statue in the middle of his field? There was no where nearby that he knew of who could afford such things, and why go to the expense of dumping it? His two collies had run ahead, probably investigating.

She was frozen in place, loving all the new sounds washing over her, and those smells from the grass, the wind, and never had she felt anything like this upon her skin. She sat there in pure bliss at the light tingling sensations sweeping over her.

When she opened her eyes, her sights lay first upon the two dogs; they were sat upon their hind legs watching her with a wary curiosity playing in their eyes. Their thick wooly fur was being tossled haphazardly in the raging air. A harsh screeching whistle alerted her to another figure, a human, stood upon the edge of the grassy slope. He called some words which she didn’t understand.

The two canines glanced behind them, never had they disobeyed their master before, but this was an exception. They looked upon the creature before them, this was something that every instinctual cell inside their body was calling upon them to watch. Their master’s voice just another meaningless sound being guided away by the wind.

His boots were silent against the soft earth, and as he stared at the girl before him, his legs carried him forward, his face full of wonder at the elegant wings protruding from her back. But when he was almost level with his dogs, they spun around and snarled at him threateningly.

Her pure exhilaration at being within the brewing storm made her oblivious to how close the human had gotten. There he stood, behind his dogs, a look of wonder and surprise etched upon his features.

This, This...Thing, it, she, he corrected himself, was real

When her lids separated, he hid his shock, her eyes were milky and whitewashed, almost as if she lacked pupils and irises, their cloudy colour seemed to move and flow, as if there was smoke dancing around inside them. This did not seem to affect her sight, however, as her head seemed to be tilted towards him.

He felt a strong urge to protect this helpless creature from the wrath of nature, to ensure her safety. He felt love for her, as if she was the daughter he had never had, he had no choice but to help her as he looked down on her pityingly.

The eldest dog, Bella, watched as her master approached ‘white eyes’, and although she felt a need to keep him away from her, she knew that he would cause her no harm. Bella watched on as her master removed his thick waterproof coat, it was rimmed with dried mud and the colour was bleached by the summer sun, and he held out his hand to ‘white eyes’. The glowing creature didn’t understand his gesture of helping her to her feet, and stared at the hand, her head tilted in interest.

He could feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins as he realised anything could happen now. Was this even happening to him? And as he watched her study his calloused hand, he came to the conclusion that she didn’t understand. He didn’t want to spook her by dragging her to her feet, she may even be injured, and so, as a last resort, he tried talking to her.

‘Can you stand?’ he asked, thinking it fruitless, if she didn’t understand him putting his hand out, for help, then there was no way she would understand his language, or maybe any language in this world.

Angels hold all the knowledge about the world, everything. And although, as a human, she no longer held this infinite knowledge, she understood what was being said.

All three beings watched in wonder as ‘white eyes’ started to stand, but, it seemed her fragile legs could not yet take her weight, they wobbled clumsily beneath her, and so Bella’s master after slipping his coat around her naked body, pulled her against him, offering her some support.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, chapter numero deux XD

Told you updates would take a long time XD