Hollywood Won't Know What Hit It

The Cafe

"Sy, it's late,"Nick whined.
"I told you to drop looking for my actual parents,"I glared at him.
"I did-"
"Liar!"
"Ok, but I know as much as you put off wanting to know who they are-"
"You know my real dad called tonight,"I looked at him,"You knew about him?"
"Yes,"Nick hung his head trying not to look at me.
"And is this for real or some prank you and your friends are pulling?"
"I swear to you, Sylar, it's real,"Nick looked at me,"I'm just as shocked as you but come on, you do look like him."
"He's supposed to meet me for lunch tomorrow if it's real."
"Do you want me to come with you?"
"No,"I looked at him,"I want you to stay out of it, do you hear me?"
"But Sy-"
"I'm pissed at you,"I looked at him,"Don't try to "help" with anything else. Do you understand?"
"Yes,"He hung his head.
"Now go to bed, it's late,"I walked out of his room.

I know I should be that pissed at him but he doesn't listen to me. I know probably tomorrow night, he'd be so upset that he'd come back to me and try to make things right. And I could stay mad but I probably wouldn't, just right now I am.

Waking up the next morning, I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear. Denise and Paul had no idea I was meeting my "real" dad and I planned on keeping it that way. Finally deciding on some dark jeans and a black Hurley shirt, I put my boots on then headed downstairs to get some things done before Milo and Adrian picked me up for lunch.

"Sweetheart, you look nice,"Denise smiled at me,"Any particular place that you're going?"
"Actually just lunch with Milo and Adrian,"I mentioned as I grabbed something to drink.
"Aw that Milo boy seems like a nice one, are you dating him?"
"No,"I sighed rolling my eyes,"He's dating Hayden."
"Hayden?"She looked at me,"How come she wasn't here last night?"
"She went clubbing,"I mentioned,"Denise, does it matter?"
"I'm just striking up conversation,"She shrugged.
"You're just as bad as Joe,"I mumbled.
"What?"
"Nothing,"I shook my head,"Tonight, I won't be home for dinner, I've got rehearsals with Jesse."
"Oh what are you going to do for dinner?"
"I'll figure out something,"I shrugged hearing a car pull up into our driveway,"And that's my ride."

I walked out the door, sliding my sunglasses over my eyes as I walked over to Milo and Adrian who looked at me with smiles on their faces.

"Quick start the car before Denise comes out and starts asking questions,"I laughed as Peter let me into the car.
"She still does that?"Adrian laughed.
"Unfortunetly,"I shrugged,"Hey, um, this cafe, I heard it's got some kickass food."
I handed the piece of paper to Milo and he just shrugged at it,"Sounds good."
"Sweet,"I smiled realizing my heart was now beating faster since I was about to meet my dad too.

Getting to the cafe, we were early but it's not that hard to keep a conversation for a while at least not for me.

"Hey Sy, you want anything else?"asked Milo getting up.
"Another rasberry mocha would be great,"I smiled at him.
"Alright,"He smiled,"Don't get too bored without me."
"We won't,"I smiled at him as he walked off.

"Looks like someone's crushing,"Adrian mentioned as he took a sip off his straw and I turned towards him.
"Me? We're great friends,"I smiled at him.
"Yeah and you're the friend who's falling for him,"Adrian looked at me,"Admit it."
"Ok,"I sighed,"But don't say anything. I mean he is dating Hayden."
"Which you're so much better for him,"He looked at me,"I mean you're more work oriented and know what you want."
"Yeah but she's- well she's Hayden."
"So?"He shrugged,"He talks about you alot."
"He does?"
"Why else would Kristen always try to find a way to get you guys to hang out?"
"She's Kristen?"I shrugged then seen none other than Brad Pitt sit down at a table not far from me.
"He told me you're coming over for the game this weekend."
"I am,"I brought my attention back to him,"It should be fun."
"Go talk to him,"Adrian mentioned.
"Huh?"
"Brad Pitt, you're staring at him like you've never seen an actor before."
"It's a bit more complicated,"I mumbled then got up making my way over to him.

My heart was beating faster than anything as I walked over to him. Standing next to him, I cleared my throat as he looked up at me wearing sunglasses.

"Yes?"
"Brad Pitt?"
"That's me."
"I'm Sylar Jonas,"I looked at him hoping he'd believe me.
He took off his sunglasses to look at me, studying my features and everything,"Oh my god, Sylar?"
"Yeah,"I nodded,"Dad?"
"Yeah,"He smiled lightly,"Sit."
"Actually I'm here with some friends and they're probably wondering about me,"I looked towards them to see Milo come back with my mocha.
"Oh,"He seemed disappointed.
"I know it's not how you wanted to meet me and I've got a million questions, it's just-"
"You're busy?"
"Yeah,"I grimaced.
"It's ok,"He smiled,"Let me see your phone."
I handed him my phone and he put in number,"That's my private cell phone number. When you want to talk, you can call me."
"Thanks,"I smiled,"Maybe we could do something this week?"
"I'd like that,"He smiled,"Just give me a call. It was nice meeting you Sylar."
"You too, dad,"I smiled at him.

Walking back towards Milo and Adrian, they looked at me as kept smiling at them.
"So what's up with that?"Milo looked at me.
"It's a long story,"I smiled.
"We've got time,"Milo nodded.
"Well,"I started,"I guess I'll start from the beginning."