Loves You Not...

How Does It Feel When Your Tears Freeze?

"Hey, did you know Chrissie has a girlfriend?" Tammi said blankly, staring across the court.
"W...What?" Laura stammered, now facing Tammi.
"Chrissie. She's got a girlfriend, in our year. I was talking to her in math."
Laura tried to keep calm, but she knew it was impossible. Her heart started racing. Her breathing turned shallow, and her legs turned weak.
"Laura, get on court one, you can play Matt" Dan called across the hall. Laura staggered forward, gripping her racquet so hard, her knuckles were turning white. Matt served the shuttle high into the air. Laura turned sideways to smash, but her legs finally gave out, and she fell to the floor. Tammi lunged toward her, but Alli was already at her side, and lifting her off the ground. The cool air hit her face as she carried Laura outside, and laid her on the bench. Alli tried to pull away, but Laura clung to her, sobbing. Tammi ran out of the hall.
"W...why didn't she tell me? Why...why did I have to hear it from YOU?" Laura's voice was shaking, her sobs interrupting her speech.
"I thought you knew. I honestly thought you knew."
"I… How?" Her breathing quickened, and her body started to shake. She clung to Alli, tighter than ever.
“I…Love…Her” She managed to splutter, in-between breaths. Her face went a pale white.
“Come on Laura, you have GOT to breathe! Come on, time it with me” Alli breathed in, and out, at a steady pace, coaxing Laura to follow her lead. Laura’s face flushed bright red, she was burning up. She shook her head violently.
“No…I…I…can’t.” She struggled to get the words out. She tried to pull away, but Alli held her close.
“No Laura, don’t panic. Come on, breathe in” – Alli took a deep breath in – “And out” She breathed out, and Laura timed her breathing with her. It seemed like hours, but a few minutes later, her breathing calmed. Wrapping her arms around Alli’s neck, she cried. No, she sobbed. As much as she tried to resist, the tears just kept coming. They felt cool as they ran down her scorching face. Almost as if they were freezing. She knew this was going to happen. She’d tried to prepare herself for it, but the pain was worse than she’d anticipated. She was still shaking violently. Tammi sprinted into the hall, and emerged with her jacket. She passed it to Alli, who wrapped it tightly around Laura. How could this have happened? Well, how could it NOT have happened? Chrissie was as close to perfect as you could find. How could she stay single for long? But…why not her? Why anyone but her? Laura couldn’t get her head round it. She just couldn’t think straight.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a true story really. Dang, most of my friends will know who the characters 'really' are though!
Comments really apreciated ^^
xx