Lonely In Nevada, Lovers In Kansas

Why did I ever take him out?

DAISY'S POV

I got out of the shower and dressed quickly. I was excited to be able to show Ryan around Ashland since he obviously has no idea what goes on here. Besides, the city is more fun then staying here and doing nothing like I normally do. As I was leaving the bathroom, I heard the phone ring. I rushed over to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Dee, I figured out where I know Ryan from," Amy screamed into the phone.

"Tell me later, I'm taking him out right now."

"You are?!"

"Not like that,' I stopped her form thinking that.

"Sure, sure. But seriously, I figured it out!"

"If you had a one-night stand with him then I don't want to know."

"No! But, he does remind me of one guy that I did get with recently."

"Focus Amy," I grabbed her attention.

"Sorry. Just listen to me for a se-"

"Not right now. I'll call you later, bye!"

"No wa-" was the last thing I heard before I hung up the phone. I grabbed my truck keys and walked back outside.

"Ready," I asked Ryan. He was still sitting in one of the porch chairs looking at the sunset. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Yeah, let's go."

................................................................

"And what's that building over there," he asked again. He was so eager to know about every building in the city. It made me laugh.

"That's the Church."

"And that?"

"The market."

"And that?'

"Whoa, slow down," I laughed some more. He leaned back in his seat and laughed too.

"Sorry, I just never seen a city look so old fashioned. I really like it."

"Well I'm glad you do," I smiled. I pulled my truck into a parking lot next to a resturant. "You mind if we eat here tonight?"

"Not a problem."

We got out and began to walk around to the front. As we were walking around, some of the teenagers were staring wide-eyed at Ryan. I ignored it as we made our way up to the front door. Being the gentleman that Ryan is, he opened up the door for me and let me go in first. The next half hour was filled with more conversation along with good food and even a karaoke machine for those brave enough,a great first date. For the last ten minutes though I felt something small hit the back of my head. When I turned around, I saw Amy standing in the back of the restaurant motioning for me to come back to her. I excused myself from Ryan and went back to her. "What Amy?!"

"You really shouldn't bring him downtown."

"Why not?!"

"Cause, I found out who he is! If you would just listen to me then you would understand!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Go home, ok? I'll call you tonight and you can tell me then."

She opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it quickly and looked around for a bit. That's when she put on her famous grin. "Ok, that's fine. You should get back to eating."

"What's with the face," I asked cautiously.

"Oh, nothing. You should get back, Ryan's probably looking for you."

I raised my eyebrow at her before leaving her in the back to go back to the table. After another ten minutes, the manager was begging people to keep up the "karaoke spirit" and sing some more. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned in to talk to Ryan. "Nobody hardly ever gets up to sing," I laughed. That's when Ryan stood up.

"I'll sing," he raised his hand. My mouth fell open a bit as he made his way to the stage and told the manager which song to play. Oddly enough, he chose Hero by Enrique Iglesias. My mouth fell open even more when I heard his voice.

"Would you dance if I asked you to dance?
Would you run and never look back
Would you cry if you saw me crying
Would you save my soul tonight?"

His voice was...amazing! I was truly at a loss of words. His voice made my heart melt like butter on a warm biscuit.

"Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh oh please tell me these
Now would you die for the one you love?
Hold me in your arms tonight?"

I would have never guessed that he was a talented singer. I looked back to see if Amy was here and she was. She smirked at me and mouthed 'just wait'. I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"I can be you hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away"

When he sang this part, he was looking straight at me. My heart melted more when he did and he smiled at me.

"I knew it," a teenage girl stood up in her seat. "I knew I knew you from somewhere! You're Ryan Ross from Panic At The Disco!"
♠ ♠ ♠
ooohhhh bad for Ryan
haahahaha
so yah

comments please and thank you