Lonely In Nevada, Lovers In Kansas

What is that horrible smell?

Note to self: NEVER sleep in the back of a taxi again.

It was day three of my travels and the majority of the time was spent with sleep. The driver even stopped for a few hours so that he could nap and pick up some energy drinks. All I did was hand him a ton of money and instructed him to just drive out of the state as far as possible. It must have been a lot of cash cause I couldn’t tell where we were. I rubbed my eyes from another painful nap and stretched out my arms. That’s when it hit me, literally. I smelt horrible. It was so foul that my eyes began to water. The sooner that all the money I put into this ride ran out the better. I didn’t eat, I had to use the bathroom urgently, and I really needed a shower. I rubbed my face and looked out the window. All I saw was corn stalks. With that mental picture also in mind and my hand rubbing my chin, I added shaving my stubble to my list.

The taxi came to a screeching halt that made me hit the barrier wall that was between the driver and I. I watched as he turned around to face me.

“Okay, buddy, this is where you’re getting off,” he said in an angry rumble.

“But we’re in the middle of no where,” I protested. He couldn’t be serious at this point.

“Too bad. I’ve been driving you for the past three days and I need to get home. Besides, you’re stinking up my cab and I’m going to have to buy new air fresheners now.”

I didn’t move from my seat. There was no way I was going to be dropped off here. He could at least drive a bit farther to where there was a house or something!

I must have blanked out because by the time I came back down to earth, the driver was pulling my bag out from next to me and throwing it onto the side of the road.

“Hey,” I shouted, running after it. I heard the door close behind me and by the time I picked up my bag, he was ready to start driving away. “You can’t just leave me in this fucking ghost town,” I shouted over the engine.

“Sorry kid,” he laughed at me as he pulled forward, turned the car in my direction, and drove right past me. The roads were some kind of weird rock and sand so the taxi disappeared in a fog that left me coughing.

After my coughing fit, I took a better look at my surroundings. The sun was shining way too bright and my sunglasses were buried somewhere in my bag. I looked up the road that was going in the opposite direction of Nevada and took a deep breath in. With my goal of getting as far away as possible, I began to walk with my duffel hanging off my shoulder. I must have walked at least a mile before finding more houses that were closer together. However, there wasn’t activity going on outside of the houses on what appeared to be a very nice day.

My legs began shaking as I finally collapsed on somebody’s front lawn, using my bag as my pillow. My head was now pounding, I could hardly stand, and I had the worse back pains in the world. The ground seemed way more comfy than the backseat of the taxi and with the help of the sun’s heat draining the rest of my energy out of me, I drifted off into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribers now have a task: PLEASE leave a comment saying you are a subscriber and answering the following question: do you like turtles??

and those who arent subscribed, you are more than welcome to answer the question and leave a comment and why not subscribe while youre at it??

=)