Lonely In Nevada, Lovers In Kansas

Is this some sort of sign from God?

DAISY'S POV

“I don’t know, Amy, I just don’t think that dating is my thing,” I said while cutting up some carrots. We were having this discussion, yet again, but since Amy is so thick headed, she’ll never understand.

“Come on, Dee! This guy I met is so your type! He could be your twin!”

“If he could be my twin then why would I date him,” I asked, turning around to face her. We were in my kitchen and while I cooked for the dinner that we shared every night, she just sits at the table gabbing about how being single for five years is just too strange.

“Just give it a chance, please?”

“No means no,” I turned my back to her again. “Can you get out of my hair for three seconds and go grab my mail?”

I heard her sign and push back her seat to get up. Knowing Amy, this battle was over, but the war was still in action. Her heavy footsteps made their way to the front door that was already open, but the screen door was still closed. I knew that she was at the door, but I also knew that she didn’t leave the house yet, probably thinking of some witty comeback for me to go out with this guy.

“Amy, go get the mail,” I yelled at her.

“Uh Daisy, I think someone died on your front lawn,” I heard her voice become unsteady. I ran over to where she was standing and pushed her out of the way to see what she was talking about. Lying down on my front lawn was a thin man. He was sleeping but still looked like he was tired at the same time. His brown hair looked extremely knotted and he had a nice scruffy beard going for him.

“Oh dear Lord,” I said before opening the door and running out into the warm air past the walls of my house. I approached him and fell to my knees. I could hear Amy running up behind me while I grabbed his wrist to check for a pulse. “He has a pulse,” I told Amy as she knelt down beside me.

“That’s good to hear,” she said oddly. I looked over at her and saw that she was smirking at me.

“What?”

“Dee, this is a gift from God! This is a sign that you should be dating!”

“Oh please Amy, a guy just passed out on my lawn. It doesn’t mean anything.”

“Whatever you say,” she sing-sang.

“Besides, he probably just got over heated,” I said. I began to wave my hand over his face. “Hello, sir? Can you hear me? Are you ok?”
♠ ♠ ♠
readers, here is your comment question (well more like a staement tyep thing): link the comment to a story that you really like and are subscribed to
im running out of stories to read and i need new ones!!
please and thankyou!!
=)