Rewind

Trip

October 27, 2003

It was Monday. Ryan picked me up, we went to school. It was the same routine everyday. I was a bit gloomy, because no progress had been made with Brendon. Ryan just told me to get over myself. I told him he just didn't understand.

What started out as a typical day, turned into something else though. After English, I really had to go to the bathroom, ad when I was done, I found that I was late for my next class. So of course I started rushing. And when I rush, I'm clumsy. I ran upstairs to get to my next class, but as soon as my foot hit the top step, I fell onto the floor of the second floor. The things I was carrying flying out of my hands.

"Son of a bitch," I muttered angrily to myself. As I pushed myself up off of the floor, my knees sore, a hand appeared in front of me. I grabbed it without a second thought. "Thanks."

When I stood up I was surprised and happily shocked to find Brendon Urie standing in front of me, and he was still holding onto my hand.

"Are you ok?" he asked. I was afraid if I talked I'd either say something stupid or make myself look stupid, so I just nodded my head. "You're Macy right?"

Again I nodded.

"I'm Brendon," he said. "I believe we have math together."

"I know," I squeaked out. Oh my god. I squeaked. Seriously. How old am I know?

Brendon grinned at me.

"I also think we're both late for that class," Brendon said. I laughed lightly, trying to make up for my squeak.

"Yeah," I said. Brendon smiled and turned around. Was that it? But then he bent down to pick something up. Oh! My stuff. Which was scattered around the hallway. I quickly followed Brendon's lead, helping to pick up the rest of my stuff. Brendon handed me the papers he had picked up. "Thanks."

We started towards class, neither of us seeming to care that we were both very late.

"So," Brendon said. "You going to the Halloween dance on Friday?"

"Yeah," I said.

"You going with someone?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "My friend, Ryan."

"Friend?" he asked. "Not boyfriend?"

"Friend," I repeated. "We're best friends. This dance is a tradition for us. We've been going together since Freshman year."

"That's cool," Brendon said. We reached the classroom, Brendon placed his hand on the door knob. Before opening the door, he turned to look at me. "Maybe I'll see you there."

"Yeah," I said. Brendon turned back around to open the door. I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, reallly sorry for taking so long to update. I've had major writer's block. Maybe it'll be getting better, since I've given myself something to work with. :]
Comments?
~Sally