Rewind

Too Relaxed

July 6, 2008

Dinner went smoothly. Half-way through dinner I realized just how stupid it was to be on edge at all times. So I relaxed a bit.

Ok. Maybe I relaxed too much.

"Macy," Brendon said. "I think you've had enough to drink."

I lifted my glass of wine, taking a large gulp. I had lost count of how many glasses I had had.

"Macy," Brendon said again. I set my glass down and let out a contented sigh.

"Oh, fuck off Bren," I said as I picked up my fork. "Worry about yourself and not how many fucking drinks I choose to have."

Did I mention I was a mean drunk with a potty mouth as well?

Brendon sighed.

"Couldn't you have at least waited until we had gotten home before you got drunk?" Brendon said.

"No," I said. "I couldn't fucking wait. Could you at least wait until we get home before you bitch?"

Brendon sighed again.

"Would you stop fucking sighing?" I said, setting my fork back down and picking up my glass of wine. "Holy shit."

I took another mouthful of my drink. Brendon sighed yet again. I set my glass on the table slightly harder than I intended sending some of the dark liquid splashing over the side, staining the white table cloth. I stood up quickly tossing my napkin on top of my unfinished meal.

"Where are you going?" Brendon asked.

"Away from you," I said. "Apparently I'm an annoyance to you."

"You're not an annoyance," Brendon was saying as I picked up my bag. "Macy, would you just sit down."

"No," I said. "I think I'll head home."

"You can't walk home," Brendon said.

"Why not?" I asked. "My legs are perfectly fine."

"Well first off, you're drunk," he said. "And second, it's dark out."

"I'm not fucking drunk," I said, even though I knew I was drunk and I knew that Brendon knew that I was drunk. "I don't give a flying fuck if it's dark out. I'm going home."

I saw Brendon's eyes flicker around the room, checking to see if anyone had heard me.

"I'll leave you alone," I said, "So that I don't embarrass you further."

I turned and headed towards the exit. I walked quickly. I was angry, hurt, and definately very, very drunk. I'd pay for this in the morning, I was sure. As I walked back to Brendon's and my apartment, I could feel myself spiraling into a depressed state. It hurt that Brendon didn't even bother to chase after me. Did he care if I made it home safe?

I felt my eyes watering, and I blinked to try and keep the tears from falling.

Crying was the least of my worries though as I stumbled over the sidewalk. I felt myself start to fall. But before I hit the ground, I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I smiled. I knew Brendon wouldn't let me walk home alone in my current state.

But as I turned around, my smile faltered. Standing in front of me was Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally