Rewind

Forgiven

November 1, 2003

I awoke the next morning to my cell phone going off. Sleepily, I reached for it and looked at who was calling. Ryan. I sighed before answering it.

"What do you want?" I asked, not even hiding the annoyance.

"Well good morning to you you too," Ryan said chuckling. "Want to do something today?"

"Not with you," I said. It was silent for a moment.

"Are you mad at me?" Ryan asked.

"Duh," I said. Ryan sighed.

"I don't even see why it matters that I went with someone," Ryan said. "You were with Brendon all night anyways."

"Not all night," I said. "I was waiting for you, but you never showed. Brendon asked me to dance, I danced with him. When to see if you were there yet, I found you making out with one of your girlfriends, so I decided to hang out with Brendon."

Ryan sighed.

"I'm sorry, ok?" he said.

"It hurts that you chose some girl you probably just met over your best friend," I said. "Plus there's the fact you broke our tradition. And we're seniors! This was going to be our last Halloween dance."

"I'm really sorry, Macy," he said. "I didn't realize it was so important to you."

"Yeah..well," I said, finding that I had nothing else to say. "I'm going back to sleep. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok," Ryan said. I hung up the phone and set it on my bedside table.

I wasn't really going to go back to sleep. I was just hoping to make Ryan suffer for a few hours. It was hard to stay mad at him. But I did still feel a bit hurt about last night. But of course, spending all that time with Brendon made up for it. I got out of bed and went to take a shower before getting dressed. After eating some breakfast, I decied to call Ryan. As I went through my contacts list, I smiled when I saw Brendon's name, remembering how we had exchanged numbers before the end of the dance. I found Ryan's name and pressed 'send.'

He picked up after a few rings.

"Hello," he said.

"Hey," I said. "So what did you have in mind for today?"

"Nothing, actually," Ryan said. I laughed.

"You're such an idiot," I said.

"I know," Ryan said. It was silent for a moment. "So, do you forgive me?"

"Yes," I said. "But you owe me."

"What do you want?" Ryan asked.

"I don't know yet," I said. "But I'll definately let you know when I figure it out."

Ryan groaned.

"Fine," he said.

"So," I said. "Want to hear about my night?"

"Not really," he said.

"Well," I said. "You should know that Brendon is the nicest guy on the planet."

I smiled when I heard Brendon groaned.

"And," I said. "He gave me his number, and I gave him mine."

"Are you seriously gonna torture me with talk of Brendon?" Ryan asked.

"Of course," I said. "It's so much fun."

"I hate you," Ryan said. "I really don't."

"No you don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
~Sally