Get in Line and I'll Grieve You

Sleepovers

FRANK'S POV.

"Holy fucking shit! Bob what do we do? What do we do?!"

"I don't know!" he cried, starting to pace up and down, he ran his hands through his hair and stopped pacing.

"Go to Gerard's house!"

"And how does this help what just happened?" I demanded, pointing at Lewis laying motionless on the floor, a small trickle of blood running from his head.

"Well we wont be here and that's a start, we can think of something to do, some way to get out of this."

"Smart man. Alright, let's go," he nodded and we walked out to his car.

Ten very tense and silent minutes later we arrived at Gerard's house.

"Bob are you alright?" I asked.

"No! I'm fucking not alright! I could be a fucking murderer!"

"Calm down. We can't tell Gerard anything yet OK? Just wait until the morning."

"OK, tell him tomorrow and then what?"

"I don't know... just... I don't know, I didn't really plan for this to happen! This isn't what I hoped would happen when I invited you over!" Immediately I knew I had said too much. He turned his head and looked at me carefully.

"What do you mean Frank?"

"Nothing. Come on. Let's get inside."

"Oh hey guys, wasn't expecting you, something up?" asked Gerard as he opened the door. He was wearing a 'kiss the chef' apron and looked as if he had been trying to cook something.

"Nice apron Gerard," smirked Bob.

"Shut it Bryar. Just because you aren't a chef and wont get a kiss, does not mean you can be jealous of me, isn't that right Frankie?"

"Sorry Bobbert, I agree with Gee, you are just jealous because he's got an apron telling people to kiss him and you don't," I laughed and pecked Gerard's cheek, just to see how Bob would react.

He seemed to not react, at all, he just stared so I ignored it and kicked off my shoes, wandering into Gerard's lounge.

"God Gerard what were you trying to cook?" asked Bob, flinging himself down onto the couch. I giggled at the look on Gerard's face.

"My Mom's lasagne recipe," he admitted, pulling the apron off and throwing it carelessly into a corner.

"What happened?" I asked. He blushed a little.

"It exploded."

"WHAT?!" Cried Bob and I at the same time.

"I messed it up and it kinda exploded everywhere, I was just finishing cleaning up."

"Awww better luck next time dude," I said, sitting down on top of Bob.

"Do you mind?" he asked, trying to push me off him.

"Not really," I said and wriggled around, just to annoy him even more.

"Frank leave Bobbert alone there's a good boy," said Gee and I climbed off Bob, who shot me a death glare. I poked my tongue out at him and went to sit next to him. He quickly turned and kicked his legs up onto the couch so there was no room for me to sit.

He poked his tongue out at me and smirked. I shrugged and sat on his legs, bending them the wrong way and making him cry out in pain.

"Guys? Something going on out there?" called Gee from the kitchen where he was finishing cleaning.

"Noooo," I said innocently, bouncing on Bob's legs and causing him to utter a very rude word.

"Robert Bryar! I should wash out your mouth with soap!" I scolded, getting up off his legs.

"Yeah well, you shouldn't sit on my legs."

"You guys want some coffee or anything?" called Gerard from the kitchen.

"Yes please Gee, and Frankie doesn't want any," said Bob, grabbing me and putting his hand over my mouth to stop me from correcting him. I bit his hand and he ignored me, holding onto me tightly and stopping me from wriggling free.

I licked his hand and he grimaced. I kept doing it until he cried out.

"Urgh! I give up! That's just too disgusting!" He wiped his hand on my shirt and I smiled, going into the kitchen to see Gerard.

"I do want coffee Gee, Bob was being an asshole and wouldn't let me go."

"OK," he laughed. I waited with him in the kitchen, talking about random things until the coffee was done and we took all three cups and went back into the lounge.

"You guys wanna watch a movie or something?" asked Gee. I nodded eagerly and bounded over to see what films he had.

"Can we watch this one?" I asked, holding up 'Hot Fuzz.' (A/N Anybody who hasn't seen that movie has to see it, it's SO AWESOME!)

"Can't we watch something scary?" asked Gee, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Nope," I smirked and put the disk in the DVD player. I turned off the lights in the room and sat down between Bob and Gee on the couch. It was a pretty tight squeeze as I think the couch was only meant to be a two-seater.

"Jesus Frank could you get any closer?" asked Bob, laughing slightly. I blushed and shifted over towards Gerard a little. Damn it! I'm so fucking obvious!

Why the hell couldn't Gerard sit next to Bob?! I mean, I want to, but I don't want to give myself away, I know he's straight and he's one of my best friends! I don't want to freak him out or loose my friendship with him over this!

I payed so little attention to the movie I only knew it was a funny part when Bob and Gee laughed, I was thankful when it was over, the night was being passed by and soon it would be a whole new day, we could sort everything out tomorrow.

***

Several movies later, Gerard was fast asleep where he sat, snoring a little, Bob and I were huddled up with some ridiculously scary film on. When I say ridiculously scary I mean so damn scary we wouldn't even get up to turn it off.

"Bob?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" he whispered back.

"Are you shaking?" I asked, he had one arm around me and I could feel it trembling. I had my face buried into his chest. I claimed I was scared and didn't want to watch the movie, he believed me.

"No."

"Are you scared?"

"Maybe."

"Should I turn the movie off?"

"Please do I- oh, God no!" I buried my face into his chest and he put his free hand over his face until the scary part had gone.

"Frankie?" he whispered. I pretended to be sleeping so I could stay where I was.

"Frankie? Dude? You awake?" It was about four am so we could be falling asleep at any time now, he didn't realize I was actually fully awake but just enjoying being so close to him with an excuse to do so.

He sighed and did something I did not expect. I was expecting him to push me away gently and go to sleep himself but he didn't, he wrapped his other arm around me and we drifted off to sleep just like that.

***

"Awww that's so cute!" came Gerard's voice, interrupting my very good dream.

"Piss off Gerard," mumbled Bob. I giggled and held onto him tighter before realizing what I was doing. My eyes snapped open and I noticed I was laying on him, my head in his lap and very close to...

"Shit," I muttered, jumping off Bob and running upstairs to the bathroom whilst Gerard laughed at me.

BOBS POV.

"Why did he have his head on my crotch?" I asked sleepily, Gerard laughed louder. I peeked one eye open a little and saw the state of the room. It looked like a bunch of teenage girls had had a slumber party in here. There was popcorn everywhere from when we had all had a popcorn fight and there were cushions and sweet bags littering the room.

"No, serious question, why did he have his head... there?"

"He fell asleep and didn't notice where his face was. Funniest thing was he was rolled over at one point and it looked like he was giving you h..."

"Enough Gerard. It's too early," I whined, closing my eyes again.

"It's eleven thirty Bob! You're gonna have to get up at some point."

"Alright," I grumbled, I opened my eyes and stood up, stretched and then remembered why we were here. Shit.

"Bob you never told me why you came here last night?"

"Just to see you, no reason really, we just-" the doorbell rang and Gerard got up to answer it. A moment later he re-appeared but I hadn't heard the door open.

"You better start talking Bob because there is a fucking cop outside my house!" He hissed. I felt the colour drain from my face.

"Gee, get rid of him, we can explain afterwards, I swear, we'll tell you everything just get rid of him!" I said, quietly enough so the cop wouldn't hear me but the desperation in my voice was enough for Gerard.

"OK, hide in here," he said, opening the closet in the corner of the room. I scrambled inside just as Frank entered the room. Gee didn't say a word to him, he just pushed him into the closet next to me and shut the door on us.

Inside the closet was very cramped and uncomfortable and Frank was pressed right against me. There was a small crack of light shining through the doors and I peeked out.

"Why are we in a closet?" whispered Frank.

"Because the cops have showed up. Keep quiet and still, we can't let them find us," I whispered back so quietly, it was barely audible. I turned and pressed my back against the closet wall, facing Frank but at the same time allowing the largest possible space between us in the confined closet.

"Bob I'm scared," he half whispered half whined. I felt so sorry for him, he hadn't really done anything and was getting caught up in this because of me. If I could just control my fucking temper...

"It'll be OK Frankie, he'll be gone before you know it," I breathed.

"No, Bob, I'm scared, I'm claustrophobic remember?"

"Shit. Frankie it's OK, anything I can do?" I could tell he was panicking, he was breathing heavily and if he kept this up, he would give us away if the cop came into the room.

"Shh, Frankie, you have to calm down," I whispered gently in his ear, grabbing him in a hug to hopefully calm him down. He was shaking pretty badly and completely hyperventilating.

"OK, copy me," I whispered and placed his hand on my chest and deliberately slowed and deepened my breathing, in the hope he would copy me. After a few moments he started to slow his breathing, I could see through the half-light that his eyes were closed and he was concentrating hard.

"No officer I'm sorry, I haven't seen them since the day before yesterday," I heard Gerard say. Frank started trembling again and I hugged him tighter.

"Frankie, calm down, you'll be out of here in no time," I whispered and he clung to me tightly, his uneven breathing causing his body to shake even more. I pulled away from the hug slightly so I could look him in the eye.

"I promise you. We'll be out of here in no time, but you have to relax 'kay?"

Our faces were less then two inches apart and our ears were straining for any words drifting into the closet from where Gerard was talking to the police officer.

"Bob..." whispered Frank. I could see his eyes glistening in the dim light, his face half hidden by shadow. He must have stood on his tiptoes because he was soon level with me, one hand on the back of my neck. Our lips just touched, lightly brushed against each other, nothing more or nothing less but I still felt it. This spark, something I hadn't felt with anybody else for a long time.

"I'm sorry... I..." whispered Frank quickly removing his hand. I was about to close the gap again, to tell him it was alright, I felt it too but Gerard flung the closet doors open and we both tumbled out onto the floor, blinking in the sudden bright light.

"Ouch!" gasped Frank, shoving his thumb into his mouth as he had obviously hurt it when he landed.

"You OK?" I asked, still laying on the floor on my back.

"No," he whimpered, sucking on his injured thumb. I was jolted out of watching him by a sharp kick in the ribs.

"Do you mind?!"

"No. I don't. You two have some explaining to do!" Cried Gerard angrily, I sighed and heaved myself to my feet, walking over to the couch and sitting down. Frank sat down next to me and Gerard stood in front of us.

I began to explain everything that had happened with Lewis yesterday evening...