Confessions of an Innocent House Maid

Ch.1- Wake up

‘I think you know what I’m getting at,
And I find it so upsetting that,
The memories that you select,
You keep the bad but the good you just forget,’

I reached over to answer my phone as it rang with my favorite song by Relient K.

“Hellooo?” I moaned into my phone.

“Jess!” screamed my best friend, Nicole. “Are you still sleeping?! Why aren’t you up yet?! We’re gonna be late!”

“Ugh, 5 more minutes.”

“No! Not 5 more minutes Jess. Our graduation is in 20 minutes! Get up! I’m on my way over.”

“Okay! God, I’ll see you in a little bit.” I hung up and dragged myself out of bed.

After taking a shower, I decided to throw on jeans and a South Pole shirt. By the time I grabbed my pocketbook and put on a little eyeliner, Nicole was honking her horn outside. I shut the door behind me and went over to sit in the car but Nicole gave me a once over and while getting out of the car, said, “oh no. You are not going to graduation in that!”

“What?” I said looking down at myself. “It’s cute.”

“Yeah,” she said. “It’s cute, but it is so not graduation material.”

Nicole came over, grabbed my arm and dragged me back inside the house.

“Nicole! We don’t have time for this. We’re gonna be late!”

“Trust me, if it will make you look better on a day to remember then being late is worth it. Plus, trust me it will be fine.”

We went inside my room and I sat on my bed while Nicole quickly went to work on raiding my closet.

Nicole and I have always been total opposites. She was a total beauty queen who didn’t care at all about anything but boys, and I was a simple, head-in-the-books, taking-6-AP-classes-at-a-time kind of girl. We had practically nothing in common and yet we were the best of friends. My best guy friend, Mike, is actually Nicole’s boyfriend, so at times I feel very awkward when my two best friends start getting lovey dovey on me (which is like whenever they’re together). Their relationship is a little weird to me because even though they love each other to death (and they want to get married one day), Nicole still flirts with every guy she sees and Mike with every girl. There was even a time when Mike liked me. Anyway, Nicole’s theory was to always take risks, have fun, and follow your heart; that way if something didn’t turn out right in the end, at least you did what you wanted and you have no one else to blame for that. So even though I have always been the type of girl who would play if safe, having a best friend like her made me do things that in the end I might not have liked them but never regretted it. Let’s just say that a lot of my treasured memories involve Nicole pushing me to do something I didn’t originally want to do.

Nicole pulled out a white dress with baby blue flowers on it and handed it to me.
“Go change into this and then we’ll work on your hair.” she said pushing me into the bathroom.

“What’s wrong with my hair?” I asked.

“Nothing. Nothing at all. Now hurry up.”

I quickly changed into the dress and came out to find Nicole ready with her own mini hair salon. She ushered me to the chair in front of her and immediately started clipping and curling up sections of my hair. I went along with it then let out a scream when heat stroked my ear.

“Watch it!!” I yelled grabbing my ear.

“Sorry.” She said without stopping. “Hold still, will you?”

After about another five minutes Nicole was finally done and was finishing up by putting a silver and blue butterfly clip in my hair, pulling back the top left side. I looked over in the mirror to see beautiful soft curls coming down to right below my collar bone.

“Wow” I said looking at my reflection.

“”Yeah, I know. I’m awesome.” She laughed and then started wrapping up the curling iron.

I quickly grabbed my pocket book and then followed Nicole out to the car. In about sixty seconds we were out of my driveway and rushing towards to school at eighty miles an hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you guys! ok this story (unlike my other one) is based on a real life experience. The chapters are going to be shorter than the ones in "The Journals Of Jennifer Simmons" but thats only because i not only want to build up the suspense but i also don't have much time on my hands lately. anyways, please read and don't forget to comment. I love feed back and unless you guys give me some i wont know how my story is. thx again and i really hope you guys like it. enjoy!!