Confessions of an Innocent House Maid

Ch.10

“I knew it!”

That was Nicole’s answer when I told her exactly what happened with Sir. I asked Nicole to make some excuse so we could leave the house before Sir got downstairs. We’d finished all our chores already so leaving wasn’t a problem. Now that we were in our car and driving far away from the craziness, it was safe to speak freely.

“Seriously?”

“What?! I did! I told you he liked you!” Nicole was getting a little too excited about this situation.

“He does not like me.” I said trying to calm her down.

“Jess, he tried to kiss you. With no shirt on! In guy language, that means he thinks you’re hott.” She smiled, “that and he wants to get with you.”

I narrowed my eyes at her as her but her smile only widened.

“I don’t know Nicole. I swear, if this job gets weird, I’m out! I don’t care if I owe money. I’m not going to be a target for date rape by some pedo.”

“He is not a pedo. He’s like six years older than us.”

“He’s six years older than you.”

“You’re like six months younger than me!”

“Eight.”

“Whatever. He’s not a pedo.”

I ignored her and started looking out the window. “How am I going to face him tomorrow?”

“You wanna take a sick day?”

“Am I even allowed to? Having a boss like Mary, I feel like I’d never be allowed back.”

The car stopped and I realized we were in the parking lot of a bowling alley. “Why are we here?”

Nicole unbuckled her seat belt and reached for her bag from the back seat. “After the day you just had, you need to unwind. And what’s more perfect than throwing some balls around.”

“Nicole, no! We just went out last week!”

“That was a whole week ago!” We were still both in the car.

“Nicole, seriously, we’ll do this another time but for right now, I need to get home.”

Nicole nodded but instead of putting the car in drive she reached for her phone.

“What are you doing?”

A minute later she put her phone away and smiled at me. “I just texted your parents saying we had a really hard pretest today and want to unwind. You’re mom gave me the okay. You’re good till nine.”

“Unbelievable.” It really shocked me how much my parents loved Nicole. It’s like she had some sort of mind control over them that they could never say no to.

Nicole got out of the car and started walking towards the bowling alley. “Come on!”

I signed in defeat and followed.

* * * * *
It was the end of the week and I was lucky enough to have the last few days pass in normal mode. Nicole liked to remind me that I also have an amazing boss who doesn’t rub awkward situations in my face. I guess she’s right about that. If he wanted he could have made another move or bring up the incident but he didn’t. Of course if he did, I’d have probably quit on the spot. Maybe he knows that.

Anyways, we were asked to take the afternoon shifts since Ms. Mary’s visit. Not a big deal but because we now have to wait for fresh dinner to cook before we leave, there’s a lot of extra time on our hands. Today was the same. Dinner wasn’t going to be ready for another hour so I headed to the living room to watch TV like we normally did. Only once I got there, Nicole turned off the TV and turned to look at me.

“I’ve been thinking,” Nicole said seriously.

I waited for her to expand on that thought. After a moment she replied, “We should explore the basement.”

I didn’t bother fighting her. “Okay.”

That obviously caught her off guard. “What, seriously? No fight? Just like that, you wanna go?”

I shrugged. Yeah. Sir never checks on us. I’m bored and we can use the elevator.”

Turns out the elevator needed a key to access the basement so we had to use the side stairs instead. The bottom of the stairs led to a long dark hallway with two doors on each side.

“This isn’t creepy at all,” Nicole stated as I walked passed her to the first door.

“It’s locked.”

“of course it is,” Nicole said heading to the next door. “They’re probably all locked.”

Just as Nicole said that, her door opened. “Oh my god Jess, you are not going to believe this.”

I turn around to ask what but Nicole had already disappeared into the room. I followed to find that the room was an epic built in theater. The room was painted a deep maroon, there was a huge flat screen TV and the walls were filled with shelves of movies. There was no furniture but that didn’t matter to us. Within minutes we turned off the lights and popped in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Towards the end of the movie we heard the timer go off in the kitchen. I paused the movie to go check on the food. After putting the food to the side I went to grab a serving dish when I heard the floor creak by the stairs.

“Nicole?” I called out to no one. By the way, I’m someone who loves to get scared but gets scared very easily. If that makes sense. I knew Nicole was probably trying to scare me but I grabbed a cooking pan just in case. “Nicole, is that you? If you’re trying to scare me, know that I have a pan and I will hit you with it.” I didn’t hear anything so I decided to check on Nicole myself.

The floor didn’t normally creak, not did the stairs. That’s why it kind of creeped me out that I heard a creak. I held the pan tight as I reached the bottom of the stairs and only saw the TV light coming out of the movie room. I followed the light and looked around to see an empty dark room only illuminated by the light coming from the TV screen. (Sort of reminded me of the movie The Ring where the girl comes out of the TV and kills people. Yeah I watch a lot of scary movies.) Suddenly Nicole slammed the door shut behind me and I screamed. I yelled at Nicole for scaring the life out of me while she just laughed at my reaction. We both were silenced when we heard a sudden loud banding on the door.

When the banging continued I asked who it was but there was no answer, just louder banging.

“Answer it!” Nicole whispered pushing me forward

“Me?! Why me?!”

“You’re the one with the weapon!” Nicole gestured to my pan.

I gripped the pan tight, ready to use it as I moved forward. “Who is it!?” still no answer.
The door shook as the banging continued. I counted to three then opened the door. A dark figure moved in the door way and Nicole screamed. Frightened, I swung the pan as hard as I could. The pan vibrated as it hit and then there was a thud. Nicole rushed over ad opened the lights.

“Oh shit,” Nicole said staring down at what definitely was the biggest mistake we could have ever made. “We are so fired.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't come up with a titles for this chapter. let me know if you have any suggestions.