Confessions of an Innocent House Maid

Ch.7 - “Watch where you’re going”

I walked up the long flight of stairs to get to the bedrooms. When I finally got to the top of the steps there were six doors. Taking a deep breath I walked towards the first one thinking this was gonna be a long day but once I opened the door every thought from my mind was vanished. The room was BEAUTIFUL and so big! The walls were a deep maroon, the furniture a deep cherry, and the bed. The bed was a blood red and black canopy bed. I immediately gave into my first urge which was to run as fast as I can and throw myself onto the bed. It was so silky and soft that I started rolling around in the covers getting lost in my own heaven. That was until a voice brought me crashing back to reality.

I froze for a second, still laying on the bed, then opened my eyes and lifted my head to look at who was at the door. It was sir. My head came slamming back to the bed. I was totally panicking. What the hell do I do? I was gonna get fired on my first day? Is this his bed? Maybe if I stay completely still he’ll leave.
Yeah, that didn’t work.

“What are you doing?”

Still staring at the ceiling I answered, “umm, cleaning?”

“Really?” I couldn’t see his face but his tone sounded annoyed. “Get up please.”

“Right away Sir.” I quickly sat up on the bed with my legs underneath me and my hands on my lap. I kept my gaze down to avoid eye contact.

“I’m sorry. This will never happen again.” I was nervously fumbling over my words at this point.

“I’m sure it won’t” he replied.

When he didn’t say anything else I looked up to see his face. He was completely serious and just watching me. There was a pause and then he said, “Get off the bed please.” His face was still serious.

I quickly said “Yes sir,” and rushed off the bed as fast as I could, turning to grab the sheets off the bed so I wouldn’t have to come back in here looking like an idiot.

I balled up the sheets in my arms, nodded at him out of respect and started to speed walk past him to get out of the room. Unfortunately the universe wasn’t so kind to me. A corner of the sheets got caught in my foot and I tripped, crashing head first straight into him.

He caught me with both hands on my upper arms then straightened me up. “Watch where you’re going,” he said then returned his hands to his pockets. I didn’t say anything, just nodded and continued out. As I walked past him I turned to see if he was watching me leave. He was. I automatically turned back around only to crash my head into the doorway.

“AHH!” I started to whimper and rub my forehead but then realized I still may have an audience and turned to see if there was even a chance he had missed that. His back was turned thankfully but as I left I saw his shoulders shaking up and down.

After gathering up the bed sheets from all the other rooms I started to head downstairs to put them in the washing machine. I was still distracted from before. I didn’t get this guy. What is his problem? First he goes to his private headquarters, making it clear he wants nothing to do with us then suddenly he’s showing up in one of the rooms? And was he laughing earlier? ‘Watch where you’re going’? What a jerk!

I set the timer for the washer and dryer and watched the sheets spin in the machine as I thought about why I was even here.

“Hey zone-y, whatchya doin?” Nicole yelled from the doorway.

“What’d you just call me?”

“Zone-y!” When she continued to see a confused look on my face she started to explain. “You keep zoning out every two seconds today. So until you stop, I’m calling you zone-y”

“Maybe there’s a good reason behind me zoning out” I said justifying my actions.

“Like what? Is it Yuhan’s butt? Cuz then I can make an exception.”

“Ok first off, its sir. Not Yuhan or any other nickname you want to give him. And second,…” I had to pause because I didn’t really have a second. “I just have a lot on my mind so leave me alone.”

Nicole just stared at me with a bored look on her face. “Are you done?”

“Are you?” I started to take the sheets out of the dryer after hearing the timer go off.

“Yup!

“Me too pretty much. Just need to put these back on the beds.”

“Sweet!” Nicole had a huge smile on her face. “So how about I help you with that and then we can clean the pool.” She put air quotes around clean.

I did the same. “What do you mean clean the pool?”

“I mean clean the pool!”

“Why are you putting quotes around it?!”

When she didn't answer, I read her not so innocent face. “We’re not going for a swim!”

“I never said we should! Let’s just clean the pool.”

“Let’s not and say we did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone is still keeping up with this story, Thank you. The reason why it has taken me close to two years to start writing this story again is because when I had first started I had written close to 12 chapters already. unfortunately my computer caught a virus and all my files got deleted. I was so upset that i gave up on re-writing what i had already done. Recently a friend encouraged me to pick it up again so I'm trying my best to do some on my free time. hope you like. always leave comments. love feedback. thx.