Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

So it Begins

I sat on the plane, as it took off looking out the window. It was the summer... Finally. School had just gotten out yesterday, and yet my parents were shipping me off from Connecticut to California... Already. I was going to stay with my grandmother... What fun, considering she was 80 years old, in a wheel chair and slept a lot. It was pretty cool though, to go to California at 18 years old alone, I had to admit. But one reason I was going was because my parents thought I was useless at home. I laughed, thinking about how they thought I would be doing better out in California by myself.
I looked down at my ipod, and turned it on, only to hear American Idiot come on.
Green Day was one of the only bands I listened to... And that was one of the reasons my parents wanted me away from home. They wanted me away from listening to Green Day, and playing my guitar to Green Day songs. But really, it was the summer, and I was flying off to California, alone. And I had taken my guitar, and ipod with my Green Day songs... So the fact that they were sending me to California was unless, except for the fact I was going to be closer to Green Day, instead far away in Connecticut. To me, the trip wasn't complete without getting a glance of one of the members.
As the Song American Idiot finished, Basket Case came one. I listened as Billie Joe started the song off with
"Do you have the time, to listen to me whine?"
I smiled, "Yeah, Billie Joe, I have the time to listen to you whine," I said to myself looking out the window, since there was no one to talk to in the seat next to me.
I heard the thump of someone walking past me, and I could have sworn they stopped right in front of the row I was sitting in. I paused my Ipod, but didnt look. Thats just the way I am, I never look at the person next to me, if I don't know who they are at first.
Except for the man snoring in back of me, I didnt hear anyone. Well, no one next to me. I sighed, and turned the iPod back on when I finally did hear someone talk.
"Oh, you do, do you?" said the person.
My eyes widened, as I paused my iPod. No way, I didn't just hear that voice that I had heard in interviews all the time.
Scared to death to look up, I took my headphone out of me ears... And then I looked up, and held my breath. I had heard the voice I heard tons of times in interviews... And it WAS him.
"Hey, is this seat taken?" he said, pointing down to the seat next to me.
Never in my life had I been so happy to have had no one sit next to me.
"N... No, its not ta... Taken," I said, stumbling over my words.
He smiled, and sat down next to me. I was scared to look at him, because if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to stop. But in the end, I looked next to me. His smiled could have killed anyone, and right there it killed me. I didn't even want to look into his eyes, because I probably would have melted right there.
"What's your name?" he asked, sitting forward to see my face.
I looked at him, his smile made me feel like I could talk forever... But then again, I didn't want to make myself look that pathetic when he had just sat down next to me.
"I'm Mandy," I said, surprising myself that I didn't stumble over my words again.
He nodded, "I like that name" he said.
I sat there, looking at him when it all caught up to me. Here I was, pretty much kicked out of my house for the summer, to stay with my grandmother that never remembered my name, and yet Billie Joe Armstrong, the guy I had looked up to whenever my parents hurt me, was sitting right next to me, telling me he liked my name... Fucking Hell
I smiled, "Thanks."
He smiled, and then looked around "Who are you flying to California with?" he asked.
I sighed, "Just me, myself, and I."
"What? By yourself? Now that can't be too fun." he smiled
"Ugh... It's not. And when I get there... I have to stay with my grandmother, who doesn't even know who I am."
He laughed, "Real Thrill, it sounds."
"Totally," I said, laughing a little, myself.
"Why are you coming out here, then?" He asked
"Because my parents think I'm useless at home... With me playing my guitar, and listening to music all the time."
He looked at me, "That's how I was, I played my guitar, and I didn't even graduate and look where I am now."
I smiled, "Exactly."
He looked around, and then finally said "Well, if you want to, you can come up to sit with me, and the guys," he said.
Oh my fucking God. Did he just say what I think he said?! No, no he couldn't have just said that. My whole life I had been beaten up by my mother, and my father. I had been kicked out and left alone until my friends came to get me. I was abused, and my life sucked... And now, the best thing in my life just happened... No... He couldn't have said that.
"What... Really?!" I exclaimed.
"Yea, we got an extra seat, Tre was such an asshole so he booked 4 seats instead of 3." he laughed
I laughed, and then turned to him, still confused, if I was dreaming or not. He seemed to notice the confusion on my face, and smiled. "C' mon, I'll help you bring your stuff," he said

I sat up with the actual members of Green Day. The band I looked up to. And the best part was... My seat was right next to Billie's!
I could hear Tre talking about something crazy, as Billie sat talking to me.
"So, where ya from?" he asked
"Connecticut," I simply answered
"That's cool," he said
I laughed, "It's so boring."
He smiled, and looked down at his hands.
I looked down at them too, looking for his wedding ring... And then I remembered Adrienne had left him 4 months ago because he was never home... Which in my opinion was stupid...
I really didn't know weather or not to bring her up, and how I was sorry or not. In the end, I didn't. I had a strong feeling he wouldn't like talking about it.
"So, where are you staying?" he asked
"Billie..." I said
He looked at me, smiling. "I know, I've asked that over and over."
I laughed, and looked at my arm, and then I realized one of my bruises was showing... The one I had gotten from my father before leaving home to cath my flight. He had held onto my wrists tightly, because I wouldn't listen to him when he wanted me to get in the car. Actually, it wasn't that I wasn't listening to him, it was that I had run back into my room to get my guitar, so I could bring it with me.
I looked back up at Billie Joe, who looked back at me from the window.
"You know..." he said
"What?" I asked
"I know we just met... But you know..."
"Know what?" I asked, when he hadn't said anything for a moment
"If staying with your grandmother really sucks, you could stay at my house... Its big enough, and we're touring anymore, well, for American Idiot, so it's not like you'd be alone in some weird house... But you know, if you want. I'm not saying you have to" he said
"OOhh Billie's got a girlfriend!" I heard Tre yell to us
"Shut up Tre," Snapped Billie
"You idiot." said Mike, elbowing Tre in the head
"Oww!" yelled Tre, putting his hand on his forehead, making it so Mike, Billie and I could only laugh at him
I looked back at Billie Joe, still amazed at his offer... But I wasn't going to give it up. What girl would?!
"You really mean I could stay with you?"
"Yeah, I know what its like to stay with someone you don't want to stay with, it really sucks." he smiled
"Yeah, it does," I laughed a little... Thinking back to my real home.
He looked at me, "So... Does that mean you will?" he asked
"Psst! Say YES!" I heard Tre say behind me, making me laugh.
Mike grabbed Tre by the collar, and threw him back in his seat, then turned to me "and the scary thing is... He' not even drunk" he smiled
I laughed, and then turned back to Billie, hugging him. "Thank you," I whispered
He smiled, "Any time."