Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

Back to Connecticut

I came downstairs after changing, and waited for Billie Joe. He came back downstairs, and smiled at me. We were both trying to forget about the night before. I felt guilty for kissing Jason, because Billie Joe and I were close...
"Are you okay?" He asked me, going into the kitchen to get something to drink.
"What? Me? Yah, I'm fine." I said, looking up at him.
He raised an eyebrow, and walked into the room where I had been sitting.
"You have a weird way of showing your fine"
"Billie, I'm fine" I snapped
"Okay, Okay. C'mon, let's get going." He said, opening to door for me, and grabbing his keys.
We walked out of the house, and went to grab something to eat. We walked in some place to eat, when I slammed into someone.
"Oh, sorry" Said the person, and they turned around to face me and Billie Joe.
"Adrienne?" Said Billie Joe, realizing it was her.
"Billie! Hi!" She said, sounding cheerful.
"Hi" he said, trying to force the best smile he could
She looked at me, and smiled.
"Is that your girlfriend?" she asked
"What? Oh, no. We're just friends" he said
"Oh, that's cool. Let me go find Anthony. He's a pretty big fan of yours, Billie Joe" she said, and she ran off to find her boyfriend
"Great... That's exactly who I want to meet right now... Her boyfriend..." Billie Joe said to me, making me laugh.
He put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him, making me smile.
Adrienne came back, a little annoyed Billie Joe had his arm around me, but Billie Joe hadn't noticed.
"Okay, Billie Joe, this as I've told you about is Anthony"
"Wow, Adie, you never told me you knew Billie Joe Armstrong!" He said
Billie Joe snorted, trying not to laugh at that comment, while I shot the guy a "You-must-be-stupid" look.
"How do you know each other?" Anthony Asked her
Billie Joe was still finding this amusing, but was getting annoyed at how stupid this guy really was.
"Are you friends?"
God, he never stopped with the stupid questions...
"Listen, buddy, if you don't know how Adrienne and I know each other you must be one hell of a-"
"Billie" I whispered, as I noticed he was about to tell this guy off in the middle of a ton of people.
Billie Joe looked at me, and sighed.
Adrienne flashed me a "Thank you" look, before turning back to Billie Joe.
"Look, Billie Joe. I have to go. I'll see you later, nice meeting you..." she stopped, she didn't know my name.
"Mandy" I said
"Mandy" she said, smiling
I just smiled, and nodded. She turned back to Billie Joe.
"Nice seeing you Billie Joe"
"Same to you, Adie" he said
Her and her idiot of a boyfriend turned to walk away when Billie Joe added quickly "And call me when I can see our kids!"
I knew I shouldn't have, but I practically fell on the floor laughing my ass off. Billie Joe smiled at me laughing.
He took my hand, and lead me outside, looking pissed off.
"Why didn't you let me tell that asshole off?!" he asked, once we were away from everyone
"Because, you only would have made yourself look like and idiot yelling at your ex-wives boyfriend in there, in front of people!"
He looked at me, really pissed off. But why at me?
"I'm not mad at you, she just really pisses me off at times" he said, putting his arm around me, like he had before.
"What does she have to do with it, though?" I asked, leaning on him
"Because... I don't know..." he admitted
I just smiled, and looked down.
"Do you... Miss her?" I asked
He looked at me.
"I did... But after a while I got over her."
I just nodded, and looked down. He pulled me a little closer to him, and moved his arm to around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder, and saw him smile, before he quickly kissed me on the cheek, and lead me out of where we had been, and walked down the sidewalk.

~*~

"Billie!" I yelled, laughing as Billie knocked me off the couch, and onto the floor.
Billie Joe just laughed at me.
"You retard!" I laughed, getting up.
He still laughed at me.
I got up, and stick my tongue out at him, he smiled, after laughing.
"You're such a dork" I laughed
"I'm a dork? I'm not the one who keeps getting pushed off the couch!" he laughed
"And the first time I pulled you down with me" I said, putting my hand on my hip.
"And the rest you didn't" he said, starting to laugh at me, again.
"Billie! Stop laughing at me!" I said, once he had started laughing
I just rolled my eyes, and went upstairs to get my sweater.
I came back downstairs, putting on a Green Day sweater I had.
"You were at that concert?" he asked, noticing my sweater that I had gotten at one of their concerts.
"Yup, you almost picked me to play knowledge. But the girl in front of me went up, in stead"
He looked at me for a moment, and then remembered.
"Oh yeah, she wasn't good... At all..." he stopped, "Wait, YOU were the girl in back of her?!"
"Mhm" I said, nodding
"Wow, I remember seeing you" he said, nodding.
I smiled, and sat down next to him.
He looked at me, and then went to say something.
"The guys and I have one more concert this Monday... Just to really finish off the American Idiot tour... We leave tomorrow... I forgot to tell you..." he said
I just looked at him. I didn't really know what to say. So he was just telling me now? And he was just going to leave me at his house? For how long?
So many questions...
"Oh" I said, I was surprised I had even said Oh
"Yeah... We're staying in a hotel for a few days"
I still didn't know what to think. For a few days was I going to stay alone at his house?
"But we booked two rooms, so you'll probably have your own room... Unless you want to share with someone" he said, winking at me.
I was relieved. For the first time in the past 10 minutes, I was relieved. He had just told me I was going. Thank god. I didn't know what to think before that.
He must have noticed how scared I had been that he might have left me alone.
"You honestly don't think I'd go somewhere for days, and just leave you here, do you?" he asked
I just looked down and nodded, embarrassed. I didn't want to look at him at the moment.
He smiled, and laughed a little bit.
"I told you on the plane that wouldn't have to be alone in this house, because after all, the tour is over" he said, smiling.
I still felt embarrassed, for thinking he would forget about me. Even though he would have only been gone for a few days.
"Thank you so much Billie Joe" I said, hugging him.
I finally got up, and then turned to face Billie Joe.
"Where are you playing, by the way?" I asked
"Well, we're only doing it for charity" he said
"Aww, that's nice. But you didn't answer me" I said
"Because we felt it was nice for charity, and we'd be doing something nice for charity, We booked it a while ago" he said
"Billie, that's really sweet, but WHERE are you playing?"
"It's for a good-"
"BILLIE!"
"Connecticut..."
I looked at him. Connecticut? I had to go back there? My heart started to race. All my friends were gonna be at that concert.
"Connecticut?" I whispered
"We knew we were going there before I met you. And besides, me, Tre, Mike are gonna be there... And Jason, too"
I nodded, "At least your gonna be there"
He smiled when I said that. And all I could think was..." Shit, did I just say that out loud?!"
"Yeah, I'm not going to leave you alone when you don't want me to." he said
"If Jason is gonna be there, aren't one of you gonna have to share a room with me?" I asked
He looked at me, thoughtfully
"Yeah, I never thought of that." he admitted
"I don't care, It makes me more comfortable, because I know that someone else is there"
"Yeah, who are you gonna share with?" he asked
I hid my evil grin. I had to see how annoyed he would get if I said this.
"Jason"
He just looked at me.
"What?" he finally said
I couldn't help it. I started laughing.
"I'm just kidding. Just a joke, Billie" I said, still laughing
"Oh" he said, smiling to himself
"I don't know... The easiest would be you... We already share your house" I said, once I finally stopped laughing
"True"
"Yup" I said, as Mike walked into the room.
"Hey" he said, smiling
"Hey" Said Billie Joe and me together
"Just wanted to know if you wanted to go to Tre's tonight. Everyone's bored"
"Sure" Said Billie Joe
"All right, see ya then" said Mike, and he backed out of the door.

~*~

We both left for Tre's a little later. Talking about nothing, literally...
I hopped out of the car, and walked into Tre's house, to see Tre and Mike playing shots against each other. Mike's eyes were blood shot, and I couldn't see Tre's, but I bet they were.
"Are you gonna play shots tonight?" I asked Billie Joe as we walked in
"I still have a fuckin hangover, no way in hell! The last thing I need on the plane tomorrow is a hangover" he laughed
I laughed at him, and watched Mike kick Tre's ass in shots
"No fair Mike, I can't even find the shot glass" slurred Tre
"That's your problem."
Billie Joe started laughing at them, and we kept watching.
Tre turned to me, as drunk as he was, and wanted to play against me. I should have said no, but I'm always up to a challenge...
I kicked Tre's ass for the first times, but then he came back, and killed me.
Jason wasn't there that night, and Me, Mike, And Tre were drunk. Billie Joe was the only sober, and smart one there.
I don't like being drunk... I do stupid things, and I get people mad at me, and then they think different of me... And I hate that.
Before I knew it, Billie Joe was helping me up, and into the car. I was like he was the night before. But he was being okay about it... I don't know why, if I was him I'd be a little pissed off at least.
"Mandy" he grunted "Stop stepping on my feet. You see that huge white thing over there called a house? Yeah, walk torward it"
"Okayz, Billie's I slurred
He didn't know what I was saying. Hell, I didn't either. Right by his car, I got sick, and he turned away.
"This is going to be a LONG night" he said, helping me up
"Huh?" I asked
"What?" He said, confused at why I just said Huh
"What?"
"Just get in the car" he said, opening the door.
"Okay" I said, trying to get in the back. I had no idea what was going on.
"No, THIS door" He said, sitting me down in the front of the car
He got in, and drove us back to his house. I wouldn't shut up, so I bet he just tuned me out.
We got to the house, and he helped me in. He practically carried me into the house, and he sat me down on the couch. He sat down next to me, not talking. At that point, I couldn't talk. God, that's the last time I play shots against Tre...
I went to get up, but fell, Billie Joe catching me.
"Come on, we have to get up early tomorrow, so you have to get to bed, or your really going to regret it"
"I'm not tired" I slurred
"Yeah, real convincing. You're eyes are barely-"
I did the same thing he did, when he was drunk, I stopped him from talking by kissing him. I knocked him back on the couch from it.
"Mandy... Now you're drunk" he said, sitting up, when he had pulled away for a breath.
"I know" I said, going back for another kiss
I wish somebody had hit me, slapped me... Whatever. Billie Joe didn't really know what to do.
At least the night before Billie Joe was smart enough not to do anything stupid. Me on the other hand, got carried away. I started to undo his shirt, when he stopped me... Thank god he stopped me.
"Mandy, stop" he said, grabbing my wrists, so I couldn't move them.
He stood up, and held me back.
"Whyz Billies?" I slurred
"Because" he said
"Whyz?"
"Because" He said, again
"WHY?!" I yelled, for no reason
"Because! I'm not gonna fuck a drunk 18 year old!" he said, raising his voice.
"Fine..." I said, and I went to walk away from him, pissed off, but I ended up almost falling, but he caught me again.
"Lets me goes" I slurred
"No, you're gonna fall and break your neck"
"I don't care!" I yelled
"You will when it's broken"
"No I won't!" I slurred
"Trust me, you will" he said, and he helped me up the stairs... Or tried... Before he finally gave up because I wasn't moving.
"All right, you can sleep down here tonight if you want" he said, helping me over to the couch.
"Fine"
"Will you stop acting so pissed off at me?! I didn't do anything!"
"Whatever Billiez, good night" I slurred, and I fell onto the couch.
He sighed, and put his hand through his hair before sitting on the couch next to me.

~*~

The sun made everything worst. Hell, everything made everything worst. I had the worst hangover, and I felt like a complete asshole for being like that to Billie Joe. I lifted my head a little bit, and looked around for Billie Joe. That's why I shouldn't get drunk... I do things I would have never done. And now Billie Joe was probably pissed off at me for being like that.
My head hurt... And I had to get up in a little bit, to go on a plane... OOO FUN! I could have slept ALL day.
Billie Joe came down the stairs, putting on his red skinny tie. He looked at me, and smiled... Wait... Why did he smile!? I would have killed myself if I was him.
"Morning" he said, sitting on the couch next to me.
"Ugh... Morning" I said
"Here" he said, taking some aspirins off the table, and handing them to me, along with water.
"Thanks" I said, smiling, and taking the aspirins. He was killing me with how nice he was being.
"You have to start getting ready, soon. The plane leaves in a little while. About an hour to be exact. I got up this morning and packed my stuff, and I just packed half of yours... I really didn't know what you would want to bring"
I smiled, and looked down. "Thanks" I said
"No problem"
"Billie, about last night... I'm-"
"Just forget about it."
"But-"
"Seriously, just forget about it. It makes both of us feel worst talking about it, so just put it behind us. Okay?"
I smiled, and nodded. That's two times he was great enough to forget about the stupid shit I did.
"Come on, we really can't be late for that plane" he said, standing up.
I got up, hugged him, and went to get ready to go back... To Connecticut... I never felt safe in Connecticut before. But now, I did.