Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

Lost the Bet

I went down into the crowd, not wanting to just sit backstage. I'd wait until the concert was over or something like that.
Before I knew it, Billie Joe was on the stage, playing the beginning of 'American Idiot'
"Don't wanna be an American Idiot" He yelled into the mic, making the crowed cheer, and jump up and down... Including me. I had never loved a Green Day concert so much... Never mind, hell yeah I did I loved Every Green Day concert
They finished 'American Idiot' and started 'Minority'
"A Free For all, Fuck em all! You are your own sight" Billie Joe sung into the mic, again.
I jumped up and down, and sung to every song... This is how it was with me in every Green Day concert I've gone to.
I turned around, and saw some people I thought I recognized, so I moved a little closer to where Billie Joe was playing... I hadn't seen them that clearly... But I just wanted to make sure I was near Billie Joe

By the time the concert was over, I was more than tired. I had jumped along with the crowd, and sung alone to every song through the whole concert. The crowd was finally leaving when a gaurd came to make me leave, he didn't know I was with Green Day.
"Miss, you really have to leave" He said, getting annoyed.
"I have to leave?! Listen buddy, I'm here with Billie Joe! He's my friend!" I said, getting annoyed
"Yeah, don't we all wish that" he said
"Well... I guess you do... I don't know you... So I really don't need to know what you wish about... But I'm friends with Billie Joe! I'm sharing the freakin suite with him! And he's letting me share his house!" I yelled, annoyed
"Really, Miss... You must get out of here"
"Are you fucking braindead?!"
"Mandy?" I heard a girl's voice.
"What?" I snapped
"Hey!"
"Hey, Steph, this REALLY ISN'T the time! This guy wants to take me away!"
"Why?" she asked
"I don't know!"
"Both of you, you must leave right now. NO one else is here" he said
"You are" I grunted
"Right now! OUT!" yelled the gaurd
"You're really not the nicest guy I've ever met" I snapped
"OUT!"
"What the hell is going on? I was sitting in the back, and I could hear you two arguing!" Said Billie Joe, coming out on stage, a beer bottle in his hand.
"Thank god Billie Joe! This guy is tryin to get me outta here!" I said, as Billie Joe stood on the stage
"Why?" He asked
"She claims she knows you"
"She does..." said Billie Joe
I spun around to face the gaurd, "HA!" I yelled
"All right, all right. But what about her?" he said, pointing at Steph, who was staring at Billie Joe, and was confused about what was happening.
"She's my friend" I snapped
"Yeah, so, she's cool" said Billie Joe
"IN YOUR FACE!" I yelled at the gaurd.
"Don't push it lady, I could take you down to the station for being rude to me"
"Dude... That's just mean" I said, looking down.
Billie Joe was laughing his ass off at me and the gaurd... Steph was standing there, confused, but laughing at this.
Billie Joe jumped down off the stage, and put his arm around my neck, and kissed me on the cheek. The gaurd looked pissed off at me, mumbled something, and then turned around to leave. Steph looked shocked at the fact Billie Joe had kissed me on the cheek, and all I did was smile.
"You rock, Billie" I said, smiling, as the gaurd walked off.
Steph just looked at me, her mouth a little open.
"I know" he joked, taking a swig of his beer.
I just laughed at him.
"Oh yeah, Billie Joe... The concert rocked!" I said, his arm still around my neck, and was leaning on me.
"I know" He said, laughing a little.
I laughed at him, and turned back to Steph, who was still standing there, confused.
"Billie Joe, this is my friend, Steph" I said
"You mean the one you hung up on the other day? And the one you were fighting over the cell phone with Tre for?" He asked
"Yeah..." I giggled.
He laughed, and turned back to Steph, and smiled.
She smiled, she didn't know what else to do. Billie Joe laughed a little, and turned to me.
"Come on, let's get back." and then he turned to Steph, "You wanna come?" He asked, taking another swig of his beer.
"Ugh... Y... Yea" She said, stumbling over her own words
We went back into the room, Steph talking to me, screwing up her own words because she didn't know what to say.
"Steph..." I said, as Billie Joe lead us to where the guys were.
"Yeah?"
"Shut up..."
"How do you? Why? What? MANDY!"
I spun around, and looked at her. "Make sense! NOW!" I said, trying not to laugh
"How do you know them?"
"I met them on the plane to my grandmothers"
"And I almost got to fucking go!" She yelled, annoyed
"Yeah... But he invited me to sit next to him because I was alone."
"Oh... Like I care!"
"And he only talked to me because I was listening to Basket Case, because there was no one to talk to."
"You can stop talking now"
"Okay" I laughed
"So you're staying with Billie Joe?" She asked
"Yup"
"In his house?"
"Yup"
"And you're just fine about that?"
"Yup"
"I don't understand you"
"Not many people do" I said, and we walked into the room.
Billie Joe sat down, and I sat down next to him. Steph took one look at Tre and Mike and froze.
"Dude! You're that girl from the phone!" Said Tre, standing up and walking over to her.
"Yeah" She said, smiling.
"Cool! I met the girl from the phone!" He announced, like he deserved an award, making me laugh.
Tre dragged Steph over to him, and started talking to her. After a while she got a grip, and started to talk to him.
Mike was competing against Jason for something, and I was sitting on the couch, talking to Billie Joe.
"I bet you, $10 you're gonna get drunk tonight" I laughed
"What kind of bet is that?" Said Billie Joe, smiling
"It's a bet that's gonna win me money"
"No it won't."
"Yeah it will"
"I would bet that, but I don't want to take your money"
"But I am taking yours"
He laughed at me.
"Fine, 10 dollars" he said, laughing

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was much later, and everyone was passed out, sleeping(Steph had to go) Billie Joe and I were still awake, though. We were talking about all different stuff... So far he had won the bet...
Billie Joe was trying to make a point about something, and I kept interrupting him.
"Yeah, but-"
"But what?! Huh?! HUH?!" I asked, like a little annoying kid
"If you would... I don't know... Maybe... SHUT UP I could tell you!"
"Oh, but you see, I'm not talk-"
"Sure you're not" he said, sarcastically
"Oh, but I'm not"
"Not what?"
"I don't know... What were we talking about?"
"I don't know... I was going to ask you"
"You were going to ask me what we were talking about?!" I said, laughing
"Yup" he said, smiling
That's how we went, both confusing each other, and changing the subject like 10 times a minute.
"You've lost it..." He said, once I started just talking, "I should have made the bet that you would be getting drunk"
"I'm not drunk, I'm just tired"
"Excuses, excuses"
"I didn't have anythin to drink tonight!"
"Then why are you being so damn confusing?!" He said
"To get you annoyed"
He just laughed at me. "I'm still confused, you know" He said
"So am I"
"You're a confusing person"
"So are you"
He just laughed, and sat there. If we confused each other any more than we already had, we'd turn braindead.
It was silent for a moment, and I just turned to face Billie Joe when I felt his lips crash with mine. I put my arm around his neck, and it was turning into a repeat of when my mom had showed up at his house that day, and the night when he was drunk, except she wasn't going to show up, and he wasn't drunk.
I felt his tongue against my lips, and then felt it meet my tongue, making a cold shiver run down my spine.
We pulled away for a moment, to get a breath, and then went back for another kiss. Billie Joe pulled away once again, thinking he heard one of the guys wake up, but no one had.
I thought I had heard someone grunt, and as much as I didn't want to, I pulled away, and looked over where I had thought I heard a noise...
I had heard someone... The guy with the worst timing in the whole freakin world... Tre.
He looked over at me and Billie Joe, eyes widened, and the biggest, "I-caught-you" Smile across his face.
Billie Joe looked over to what I was looking at, and frowned at the look on Tre's face, that any time but then would have made us laugh.
We both had the "O-shit-we're-caught" look on our face, while Tre's smile only grew wider.
"Don't say it, Tre" said Billie Joe, really not wanting to hear what Tre had to say.
"I knew it!" He whispered, jumping up
"Tre!" whispered Billie Joe
"Billie Joe And-" But Billie Joe had taken his shoe off, and thrown it at Tre's head.
"OW! Fuck Billie Joe!"
"I told you to shut up! I have 3 more fucking shoes over hear that are willing to be thrown at your head!"
"All right, All right! I'll stop! Don't throw another fucking shoe!"
"I'm ready to throw another if you don't shut up!"
"Why do I need to shut up?!"
"Because, you talk too fucking much!"
Billie Joe was pissed off at Tre, for waking up, and for being annoying.
"Aww, but you love that about me" Said Tre, in a girlish voice
"No, that's what you love about you" Snapped Billie, making me laugh a little.
Tre just mumbled something, and got up. We were all going to go back to the hotel, none of us liked staying on the couches in some weird place... Not like I hadn't done it before...

I practically fell into the hotel room, I was so tired. Billie Joe walked in behind me, and shut the door. I fell onto the couch, I didn't want to move... At all.
"That's where I was suppose to fall, and sleep" Said Billie Joe, pushing me off the couch.
"You suck" I said, getting up
"Oh, that's so kind of you. Only a true friend would say that" He joked
"I expected that from Tre"
"Oh, that's just mean"
I just laughed at him, and went into my room to change into my pajama's. I walked out of the room, and sat down on the couch. I was tired, but now I couldn't sleep. Billie Joe had gone is his room, probably to sleep...
I layed down, watching the tv. I couldn't sleep. I wasn't tired... Well.. Yeah I was, but not tired enough to fall asleep. I heard someone walk into the room I was in, but I didn't lift my head from the couch. They came over, and sat down on my legs... It was Billie Joe.
"Are you asleep?" He asked
"No"
"Neither am I"
"Way to state the obvious" I laughed
He laughed, and stared at the TV. Something had hit me... Earlier at the concert... I knew who I had seen...
"Billie Joe" I said, sitting up
"Hmmm?"
"At the concert tonight..." I said
"Yeah...?"
"There were some people watching me..."
He looked over at me, confused, and yet a little worried.
"Who?"
"At first I didn't know... Because I was so caught up in the music..."
"Who was it?"
"Billie Joe... My parent's were there... Watching me"
Billie Joe's eyes widened. "You parents where watching you at the concert?!"
"Yeah... That's why the gaurd wanted me to leave so bad... I know I've seen him before... But it all makes sence. He wanted me to leave, because you weren't there, and they would take me home" I said, starting to cry.
"That's fucking creepy!"
"They got in with my tickits!"
"You had tickits to this concert, and you acted to surprised when I told you it was here?"
"I forgot about it... I forgot about most things in California"
He pulled me into a tight hug, and we sat there. I couldn't believe my parents were fucking watching me! Billie Joe was right, it was creepy! Their like my stalkers! Okay... Thinking about how their like my stalkers brought it to a whole new level of creepyness... If thats even a word.
"When are we going back to California?" I asked him, my head burried in his arm.
"Wednesday..."
"Billie Joe?"
"Yeah?"
"Don't leave... At least... Not until Wednesday" I said, starting to cry again
"I won't"
I smiled. I had someone that was there for me. I had always wanted a friend who wasn't a backstabber, and who was there for me. I didn't care who it was, it could have been some hobo on the side of the street, or anyone else.. I was just so happy someone was there, sitting next to me, telling me they weren't going to leave me.
Once again, I planned to sleep alone... But the thought that my parents were there, watching me... It just really got to me. They had the fucking gaurd try to take me away... And he probably have, but Billie Joe had come out to see why I was arguing with him. I was scared... Who wouldn't?
I had told Billie Joe I would be fine that night, and that I shouldn't have to worry... He didn't believe me, but he just let me do what I wanted to. I almost fell asleep, when the thought came back...
"Get the fuck outta my head!" I yelled at myself, turning over, and slamming my head onto the bed, and slamming my pillow over my head.
I was so mad, scared, pissed off, and about everything that was the opposite of happy. I couldn't take it anymore. The thoughts were eating me alive, and I had nothing to hold onto, nothing next to me to make me feel better.
"Fucking idiot" I mumbled to myself, sitting up. Billie Joe had tried to make me feel better, but in the end I told him I just needed to be alone.
I got out of bed, my head hurting from slamming it so hard on my bed. I was pissed off at myself for everything. Every fucking thing.
I opened the door to Billie Joe's room in the suite, to see him sprawled out on his bed, the covers by his feet. He looked really uncomfortable... Really uncomfortable.
"Billie Joe?" I whispered, walking to the side of his bed.
He lifted his head, and smiled.
"You're awake?" I said, sitting down on the bed.
"Yeah, one of those nights I can't sleep"
"Same here..."
"I heard you yelling at yourself." He said, letting out a small laugh
"Oh" I said blushing a little, embarrassed
But he just laughed, and smiled. "I yell at myself all the time"
I laughed at him, and layed down. I was so tired, and so sick of everything.
"Are you okay?" He asked me
"Yeah... I'm okay" I said, but I was pretty much lying
"You sure?"
"Yes Billie"
He smiled, and put his arm around me. I moved a little closer to him, and began to fall asleep. I could easily fall asleep in his arms, because I felt safe.
"Oh yeah... Mandy?"
"Hmmm?"
"You lost the bet"