Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

More Than Friends

"Mandy! Wake up! Are you okay?!" Billie Joe was shaking me awake, like he had when I was on the plane.

"What? What are you talking about?" I said, sitting up... It was still dark

"You started freakin out, crying, and yelling. I guess you were having a night mare"

I was trying to think. What had I been dreaming about? I really couldn't remember.

"Are you okay?" He asked, when I hadn't said anything.

"Yeah... I just can't remember what I was dreaming about..." I said, biting my lip.

"So you had a dream... And you can't remember why you were screaming?"

"No... Well... Yeah... But I can't remember any part of it" I said, looking down.

"You were screaming all different shit... And then you started yelling for me not to leave you"

I looked at him, and blushed... That was embarrassing...

He saw me blushing, and just smiled.

I didn't really know what to say. I just looked down, and rested my head on his chest. Billie Joe had told me I had a nightmare, but I could barely remember it...

And then it all came flooding back to me. I remembered the nightmare, Billie Joe was leaving me to my parents, and went for Becky... Oh god... That really was a nightmare.

"Billie Joe?"

"Hmmm?"

"You wouldn't just leave me..." I stopped, now I was making it sound like we were together in the first place...

"Leave you? For who?"

I tried not to act surprised by what he just said... But I wasn't doing a very good job.

He smiled, and put his arm around me, pulling me a little closer to him.

"The dream... You left me... To my parents... For Becky" I said, kinda nervous to say it.

He looked at me, and frowned. "That is a fucking bad nightmare... But then again... It's just a nightmare." He said, pulling me closer.

"It's not like the first time she'd take a guy away from me" I said, resting my head on his chest. I knew he wouldn't do that, but now I was kinda freakin out over it.

"That's not a friend. That's a cold hard bitch" Said Billie Joe, as he lay down on his back.

"Yeah... I know... But she can be nice" I said, also laying down.

"Yeah, I can tell by the way you just told me she stole a guy from you, and how she was dating your ex" He said, sarcastically.

I laughed, and turned on my side, to face him. I looked at my watch, it was 5:45.

It seemed too good to be true. Everything did. I would have expected that nightmare to become real, and have her take him away from me. It seemed too perfect... Was there such a thing?

"Get to sleep" mumbled Billie Joe, who's arm was still wrapped around me.

"How could you tell I was awake?"

"I can tell, I'm smart"

"Billie Joe, you and your jokes" I said, pretending to start to laugh

"Haha, very funny" He said, sarcastically.

"I know, I made it that way"

He laughed, and then rested his chin on the top of my head, before slowly falling asleep. I layed awake though, thinking. It took me another good half hour before I finally fell asleep...

The phone rung, loud, and annoying. Like an alarm clock that wouldn't shut up. Billie Joe mumbled something, pissed off about it ringing.

"Hello?" He grumbled, rubbing his eyes, and yawning. "Hey... No... All right.. Later.." he hung up, and fell onto the bed.

"Who was that?" I asked, sitting up.

"Mike, just being an idiot" he said, smiling.

I laughed, and layed back down. It was only 10:00. Billie Joe layed back down next to me, on his back, staring at the ceiling. He would open his mouth to say something, but he ended up just not...

***

There was nothing on TV, not that I cared. I never watched it... Only when Green Day was on I use to. I was perfectly happy, just sitting there, with my ipod on, or a cd in my computer so loud the room was shaking... I did that when I was mad at my parents, or anyone matter of fact.

I picked up Billie Joe's guitar from where it had been, I was bored since there was nothing on... And my guitar was up in my room. I just started playing random things, I went from 10 seconds of one song, to another because my mind wasn't really there.

Last night was in my head. I never really actually thought of everything until then.

Billie Joe interrupted my thoughts by coming into the room, and scaring me half to death... I had forgotten he was there for a while.

I jumped up when I saw him, making him look at me like I was crazy.

"You okay?" He asked, coming down the stairs

"What? Yah, I'm fine"

"Mhm..."

"What?"

"Nothing"

I rolled my eyes, acting like I was mad at him, and sat down on the couch, folding my arms. He laughed at me, and walked into the kitchen.

"You see, you wouldn't laugh if I really was mad at you" I said

"Yeah, I would" He laughed

"Sure, just... No!"

"Sure just no?"

"Stop talking..."

He laughed at me again, and sat down, taking a swig of the beer he had gotten out of the kitchen.

"Are you going to the studio?" I asked him

"Nah, not now."

"Okay"

"I'm hungry" He said, after moment of silence

"Yeah, me too"

We both ended up getting our asses up, and going out for lunch. Aside from being hungry, we were bored.

"Do you always go out when you're bored?" He asked me, smiling

"Yup, always." I said, with a little laugh. "Do you?"

"Nope, not always"

I smiled, "I'm a girl, what can I say, I love to shop?"

He laughed, and we kept walking.

"Billie Joe?"

Billie Joe rolled his eyes, before turning around.

"Oh, hey Adrienne" He said, yet again, forcing a smile.

"Hey!" She looked from me to him, and went to say something to me, but stopped.

"Whatcha up to?" she asked, smiling.

Even though she left Billie Joe, I really liked Adrienne. She wasn't a total bitch like most other girls that went out, and married famous guys. She was down to earth.

"Nothing really, how about you?" He said, looking at her.

"Same old, same old."

"Where your boyfriend?" Asked Billie Joe

"Oh, Anthony?" She said

"Yeah, yeah, that guy"

She rolled her eyes at him, and sighed. "He's at home, probably sleeping"

Billie Joe's eyes narrowed. "It's 1:30..."

"Yeah, but he worked all night, so he's sleeping for now. He's home in the daytime" she said

"That's good... I guess..." Said Billie Joe

"Yeah, it's nice! I have company"

Billie Joe didn't say anything. I could tell he wanted to say stuff, but he decided against it.

"Yeah, that's cool... So you're not always alone."

"Yeah, it's nice"

"I guess... If you like a guy that sleeps all day and works all night" Mumbled Billie Joe under his breath.

"What?"

"Oh, I said that's nice you have that guy's company in the day time..."

"Oh"

"Yeah" He paused, "I'm sharing the house"

"Really? With who?"

Billie Joe looked over at me, "Mandy" he simply said

Adrienne looked over at me, and smiled. I smiled back, I really never talked to Adrienne, I didn't want to get on her bad side.

"That's really good Billie Joe, it's nice to see you're not alone."

Billie Joe frowned. He didn't know how to respond to that.

"I never meant that you would be alone. I'm just saying it's good to see you have someone"

"Yeah... It is..." he said, looking over at me

"Well, I better be off, I'll see you around Billie! And it's nice to see you again, Mandy" She said, smiling.

"Tell the boys I said hi..." Said Billie Joe as she was about to leave.

Adrienne looked at Billie Joe, and nodded, but frowned. "I will"

And with that, she walked off.

Billie Joe looked at me, and smiled, but I could tell he was sad... He just wanted to see Joey and Jakob. I liked Adie, I just wish she got over herself and let him see the kids.

Billie Joe walked over to me and put his arm around me, pulling me close to him. We walked, and he still had his arm around me. I got a few "I-hate-you" looks from teenies, which I didn't care about, because after all... Their only teenies...

We stayed out for most of the day, ate out, and just hung out. Billie Joe was bothered a couple times by girls, but that was all. I got tons of dirty looks, just because I was hanging out with Billie Joe. Once again, I didn't really give a shit.

Billie Joe looked up from talking to me, to see a group of girls all wearing Green Day shirts, pointing at me, and mumbling.

He looked at me, "Are they fucking talking about you?" He said, looking from me to them.

"I don't know... Probably, I don't care."

The group of girls came up to Billie Joe and me, and all started to talk to Billie Joe, asking him for his autograph. Billie Joe put his arm around me, like it was nothing. He really didn't like the girls, but he wasn't gonna be a jackass to them.

One of the girls walked over to me, when Billie Joe was signing another one's shirt... She looked about 13.

"How do you know him?" she asked, in a bitchy tone.

"Met him" I snapped

"Well I figured since your freakin sitting next to him"

"Then you're smarter than you look"

"Is than an insult?!"

"I dunno, you decide"

"I bet you think you're soo cool because you know Billie Joe Armstrong"

"No, I just think you're a bitch, but now you know him"

"I'm a bitch?! I'm not the one sitting next to Billie Joe talking down to me"

"Yes, but you are on the ground, not next to Billie, talking up at me"

"You're a bitch"

"Gets me through the day"

"I don't see why he likes you"

"Yeah, but I can see why he doesn't like you"

"How old are you?"

"Older than you"

"I'm not stupid-"

"Beg to differ"

"I have to go, but you're a total bitch, that doesn't have chance in hell with Billie Joe"

"Good for me, see ya"

She turned on her heel, and walked away, pissed off. I knew I had gotten to her more than she had gotten to me, because she didn't even get to me.

All the girls left(which I was happy about)and Billie Joe turned to me.

"How the hell didn't you fucking kill her?!" He asked, shocked how I didn't even yell at her.

"She's a teenie, She's not worth my time" I said, getting up from where we had been sitting.

He smiled, and got up, putting his arm around me once again.

"Shall we get something to eat then? I'm fucking starving" He said

"Sure, I'm starving, too"

The day had gone by so fast, I can't even begin to tell you. The last time I looked at my watch, it was like 1... Now it was 8:30.

Billie Joe and I walked into some place to get food, and sat down. The waiter came over, told us her name and stuff, and then looked over at Billie Joe. Her eyes widened when she saw him.

She had been wearing a Green Day 'American Idiot' shirt. She had to be new, because she was the only one there that was amazed he was in there.

"Aren't you Billie Joe Armstrong?!" She said, looking at him.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Wow! I love Green Day, I'm a really big fan!"

I sighed, we couldn't seem to get away from "Really Big Fans"

"Thanks" he said, smiling, "I'm flattered"

"Okay, sorry, I'm just... Wow. Okay, so what would you like?"

We both ordered, and she finally went away. Billie Joe looked around quickly, and then quickly leaned over the table and kissed me on the cheek.

I smiled. "What was that for?" I asked.

"Just felt like it"

I bit my lip, and looked down, smiling.

We finished eating, and sat talking. Billie Joe went to say something, but stopped.

"What?" I asked

"Hmmm?"

"You were gonna say something... Like this morning, but you never did."

"Oh" He said, and smiled.

"What?" I asked, smiling, but wanting to know really bad.

"Just.. Wanted... Know..."

"Just wanted to know what?"

"Just... Wanted... Know... You know... We... Could, you know... Be together... Like, more than friends..."