Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

The Brutal Truth

"Wanna go hang at Tre's?" Asked Billie a little later, coming into the living room, where we had been watching TV until the phone had rung.
"Yeah, sure. Sounds fun," I said, getting up, to go to my room to change.
"Where ya going?" he asked.
"I'm going to change to something else. If I had known I would have met you on the plane... I just wouldn't have worn this," I said, pulling off my sweater, so that I had a Green Day 'American Idiot' T- Shirt on.
He laughed, and then looked at my arm... Fuck. That's where all my bruises were...
He took a step closer to me, trying to see if he was seeing stuff.
"What the hell?" he asked, looking at my arms.
Great... Just GREAT! A great moment, turned bad. WHY did he have to see them?!
"Is that what you were talking about before?" he asked, looking at my bruises and cuts. "On the phone? How they hurt you?"
"Billie..."
"No, Mandy, you gotta tell me." He said, taking my arm.
Just then Tre burst through the door, jumping around.
Billie turned around suddenly, looking at Tre, annoyed.
"DUDE!" Yelled Tre, slipping, and falling on Billie Joe's floors.
Never in my life had I been so happy for Tre's horrible timing.
"What the fuck Tre?!" Spat Billie, really pissed off at Tre's bad timing.
Just then Mike walked into the door, "Tre had too much of something..." he said, "Oh... But I see you've found out..."
Billie Joe cursed at Tre under his breath, and then turned back to me, wanting so bad to push them out the door, and ask me more stuff... But I wanted the exact opposite. Mike looked at my arm, and his eyes widened a little bit. He looked at Billie, and Billie knew. Billie Joe stared at me for a little bit, and it made me wonder, of course. And of course, Tre saw. "Dude! Billie! Stop staring at her! Its creepy!"
Billie Snapped out of thought, and glared at Tre.
"Tre... You might want to get out of here before I fucking kill you." he said, more annoyed than before, which seemed impossible at first.
"Yeah... Tre... We gotta go." said Mike, realizing that Billie wanted to talk to me.
"Shit..." I mumbled, making sure no one heard me. I didn't want them to leave... For some stupid reason, I didn't want Billie Joe to worry about me, like he was.
"But I don't want to go" groaned Tre, who was finally laid back on the couch, watching TV.
"NOW!" Said Mike.
"What, are you my personal watcher?" said Tre.
"No, but it sure as hell looks like it!" Snapped Mike.
"Whatever!" Yelled Billie Joe, obviously having enough, "Tre! We're going to hang out LATER but right now I have to talk to someone without you being here! So do me a favor and get the hell outta my fucking house!"
Tre, Mike, and I stared at Billie, and he sudden outburst.
"All right, All right... I'm going" Said Tre, getting up, his hands up like Billie Joe was pointing a gun at him, and by the look on Billie Joe's face, it looked like he wanted to.
"I told you..." grunted Mike to Tre.
"Shut up" Tre Snapped, and walked out the door.
Mike stuck his head back in the door, "We'll see you later... Right?" he asked.
"Yeah." Said Billie Joe, calming down.
"Okay." He looked at me, confused, "I'll see you, later" he said to me, and walked away.
I looked back at Billie Joe, still surprised by his outburst. He looked up at me, and bit his lip.
"Sorry" he said, looking down.
"Sorry about what?" I asked, trying to sound as if his outburst was nothing.
"He just annoys the hell outta me at times..." Said Billie Joe, looking at his shoes, sheepishly.
"Wow, I never thought I'd see the day Tre Cool annoys someone" I said, sarcastically.
He smiled, and laughed a little. He looked up at me, and then sighed.
"Oh... Yeah..." he said, looking up at my arm. "What the hell happened? Why... How... When... Why would they do that to you?" he asked.
"Billie... Relax... It's nothing ne-"
"Relax?! What were you about to say, its nothing new?! How long have they been abusing you?!" he said, hatred in his eyes for my parents, but sorrow for me.
"It's not that they were abusing me... It's not like-"
"It's not like they were abusing you?!" he cried, "Look at your arm! Where else have they hurt you?!"
"Billie! It's not like I didn't deserve it..." I lied.
"No one... And I mean no one deserves to be hurt like that, because they screw up once in a while! It's called being human!"
"I know!" I said, tears starting to go down my cheek, "But there is NOTHING I can do about it! I don't have enough money to move out! And I cant argue with them, because they're stronger than me! I've lived like this since I was 12, Billie Joe... I'm use to it."
He looked at me, opening his mouth to say something, but couldn't. He was speechless. I didn't want him to know that... I really didn't... Or at least, not yet.
"S... S... Since you were 12?" he stuttered.
"Yes, Billie Joe... Since I was 12."
He looked at me, tears in his eyes.
I went down the stairs, and hugged him tight, finally starting to cry... Right in his arms.