Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

Lies From Guys

After my little crying incident with Billie Joe, I was actually nervous to talk to him. You see, after I would cry to my parents, they would always make me feel like shit... I knew Billie Joe wasn't the same way; it's just how it's been. I would always avoid my parents after they saw me crying... So... I guess I pretty much avoided Billie Joe. And that was the last thing I wanted to do.
Apparently, Billie Joe noticed I was avoiding him, too. But he had no idea why.
"Why are you avoiding me?" he asked, when he could finally find me, going up the stairs.
"What? Oh, I'm not" I lied
"Yeah, you are. Don't lie."
"I just..." I stopped. Why was I telling him about my family? I mean, I know I can trust him... But most things I haven't even told my best friends.
He just looked at me, waiting for me to continue.
I looked into his eyes, trying not to say much more... Big mistake. Looking into his eyes, which were too beautiful to even describe, made it so I was gonna tell him most things, if I didn't look away.
"It's just..." I began again, "When I would cry to my parents... They would just make sure I didn't forget it, and the only way to keep them from making me feel even more like shit, is to avoid them"
"That's so fucked up" he said, sitting next to me on the stairs.
I just looked at him, confused. Was he sayin that about me hiding, or my parents?
I went to say something, but it was like he already knew what I was going to ask.
"It's so fucked up that you have to hide from them, just to not get shit said to you" he said
"Oh..."
"But, that's why you’re avoiding me? Because your parents would..." but he broke off
"No, Billie, it's not that I've been avoiding you"
"Then what is it?"
"Ugh... I don't know... You have to believe me; it's not that I'm avoiding you. It's just that all my life I've run from my problems, because most of them have to do with my parents. And when they would see that I was crying, they would make me feel like shit... So I guess it's just that I'm use to"
He looked at me, and sighed. He didn't know what to say. So I changed the subject.
"Are we going to go over Tre's?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah"
"Okay, well, I'll be right back... I have to change." I said, getting up from sitting next to Billie on the stairs
"Okay" he said, also getting up, but going to his room.
I went into my room, and opened my suitcase. I smiled at seeing my Green Day Cd's on the top of the pile. I took out my Green Day Cd's and put them in a drawer, and then went back to my suitcase.
I walked out of my room like 10 minutes later, to see Billie Joe downstairs, with now a black shirt, black pants and a red skinny tie. He looked in the fridge, and then pulled out a beer.
He hadn't noticed I was there, until I walked into the kitchen.
"Hey."
He jumped, and turned around.
"Man, you scared the shit outta me," he said
I laughed at him, and sat down at the table, pulling my cell phone out of my pocket.
As I was looking at my cell phone, he sat in the chair next to me, and looked over my shoulder, at all the text messages I had gotten.
"How the hell do you get that much messages in the last couple hours?" he asked, looking as I scrolled through tons of text messages, all people asking me if the rumors were true.
His cell phone rung and he pulled it out of his pocket.
"Hello...?"
I looked from my cell phone, up to him. He sighed, and hunched over the table, putting his hand through his hair.
"Oh... Hi Adrienne."
I looked down, pretending not to listen. I got up to go to the other room, so he wouldn't think I was eavesdropping, when he grabbed my hand. I spun around, and looked at him. He looked up from the phone, and brought me back to my seat... He didn't want me to leave!
"Adrienne... Stop asking me this... What...?" he sighed, "No...? Okay... Bye."
He closed his cell phone, and stuck it back in his pocket.
"Sorry about that... She calls me just to ask stupid things..."
"Oh" I said, all I could was 'Oh' what else was there to say? He didn't even like talking to Adrienne any more...

***

We piled out of Billie Joe's car, and walked into Tre's house... Once again, another beautiful house.
Billie walked up to Tre, "Hey, sorry about before man," he said
"No problem, dude" said Tre, smiling
I walked into Tre's kitchen to get a drink. Mike followed me in, pretending he needed a drink, too.
I looked up at him, and he looked at me out of the corner of his eye, wanting to ask me something.
"What's going on with you and Billie?" he finally asked.
"What? What do you mean what's going on with me and Billie?" I asked, confused
"You know what I'm talking about." he said, smiling
"Mike... If I knew what you were talking about I wouldn't be asking you."
"You're living in the same house as him, Adrienne's gone, and shit... You can't possibly tell me NOTHING has happened between you."
"Nothing happened between us! I just met him earlier today!"
"Believe in love at first sight?"
"Well... Yea, but there's a huge difference between love at first sight and me and him."
"Which is...?
"He's older than me!"
"So?"
"And it's not like I'm rich-"
"So?"
"And he is."
"So?"
"Mike! Stop saying so!"
He laughed at me, and turned to go out of the kitchen but stopped.
"He's happy with you staying there... Just to let you know. I called him before, to see if he was okay, because when I and Tre left he seemed really pissed off... But he told me he's happy you’re staying there." He said, and then he walked out.
I stared down into my glass of water. He was happy I was staying there with him? He happy I was staying there with him! I couldn't get that out of my head.
"Mandy? Um... Mandy? MANDY!?" I heard someone yell, finally
"What?! Oh, sorry, hi Tre"
Tre stood there, looking at me.
"Daydreaming about Billie?" he said, laughing
Truth is... I was. But, really... I'm not gonna tell Tre that.
"Yeah... Sure Tre... You believe that," I said, forcing a laugh, so it didn't look like I was.
"Do you like him?" he asked
"What?! What is it between you and Mike asking me about him?!" I asked
"Haha, Mike asked you, too? It's only because it's obvious you like B-"
"No!"
"Yeah! And don't say you don't because you're lying to everyone then. You're living in the same house as him, and-"
"And I'm too young, and nothing like him, and besides, even if I DID like him... He doesn't like me. He'd be crazy to... GOD! I feel like I'm back in Middle School!" I said, rolling my eyes
"I liked Middle School..."
"Tre... Not the time"
"Listen, if you like Billie Joe, then go for it... Age is a number... Only a number. And if you like him enough, the number won't matter to you. I bet it doesn't matter to him."
Holey crap... Did Tre cool, the craziest person I know, just say something that didn't end up as a joke? Was he actually giving me this advice to go after Billie? Damn...
"And he rather talk to you than Adrienne. And even you know how much he loved Adrienne... So now that he rather talk to you than her... Think about it..." he said, taking a beer, and then walked out of the kitchen.
He rather talk to me than he old wife... Adrienne... Once again... Damn.

I finally walked out of the kitchen. Standing in the Kitchen for a half hour doesn't seem too normal.
I walked into the living room where everyone was, and sat down next to Tre. I looked over at Billie Joe, from the corner of my eye... Did he really have feelings for me? I snorted... Billie Joe has feelings for me?! YEA RIGHT! I don't have enough luck for the cute guy in school to like me, and now Tre and Mike are telling me that he likes me!? HA!
But then again, with the luck... I was sitting there... On a couch... In Tre Cool's house... Next to Tre cool... Wow
Tre got up, to go to the fridge to get some more beers for the guys...
"No, Tre, don't go" I whispered, pulling him down.
"What? Why?" he asked, confused
"Cause if you do, Mike is in the bathroom, and that leaves me and Billie alone."
He had to cover his mouth to keep from laughing.
"You think this is funny?!" I said, annoyed
"Hell yea! If you don't want to be alone in a room with him for a minute... You're gonna have problems sharing a house with him"
"Tre, shut up"
"And besides... Why don't you want to stay in the same room as Billie?"
"Because"
"Glad to know you have a good reason" he said, looking over at Billie Joe, who was innocently watching TV.
"Tre!"
"What?! I'll be right back! What's the worst he can do?! Run over, rip off your clothes, fuck you, then run back?!" he laughed
"Shut up!"
"I thought you liked him!"
"I do! I mean! NO! Just go get the drinks already..." I said, not wanting to look anymore like an idiot.
"I WAS trying" he said, getting up.
"What was that about?" laughed Billie Joe
Oh god, don't tell me he heard me not wanting to be near him.
"What was what about?" I asked trying to look like nothing was going on.
"You and Tre" He said, not buying my act
"Oh... Nothing"
He looked at me... God, those eyes. And now he knew I was lying to him...
"Whatever" he shrugged.
I looked at him... I wanted to go over and sit next to him... REALLY bad. Wait... What the hell was I thinking?! 5 minutes ago I was telling Tre not to leave the room, so I don't have to be alone with Billie Joe, and now I wanted to go and sit next to him. God, I DO have issues! Speaking of Tre... Where was he?! It doesn't take long to get a few Beers... And Mike!? I looked down... I'd been set up... Mike left, and now Tre left. They were still in the house... But they left Billie Joe and me in the same room alone... Just wait till I talk to them.