Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

Home Sweet Home

Billie Joe smiled, "Of course there's room"
I sat down next to him. God, how stupid can I be?! And then it dawned on me... I'm only with him this summer... And then I'll never see him again, except for on TV...
I put my head on his chest, trying not to think that I had only the summer with him... That is if my mother and/or father didn't find out I was with him... Oh my god, if they did find out I was with him, they'd drag me home... And I don't want to even think what else they would do...
He put his arm around my back, as we lay there on Tre's couch... I was laying there with Billie Joe Armstrong... I really didn't want to do that at first... But I couldn't help it.

***

It was late... Tre and Mike were passed out on the other 2 sofas. Mike lying with one leg and arm hanging off the sofa... Tre on the other hand lying with his head, and one arm on the floor, while his 2 legs and other arm on the couch. Leave it to Tre to find the most uncomfortable way to sleep.
I looked around, and then at my watch. It flashed 3:30am.
I looked up to see the back of the couch... But someone was lying next to me. I hadn't even thought that it could be Billie Joe.
The person’s hands were locked around my waist, and I could feel their chest move every time they took a breath.
I turned around, curious to see who it was. I did a double take... Billie Joe...
Amazing how attached we could get to each other in less than a day... Isn't it? It kinda scared me at first... Because here I was, lying on Tre Cool's couch, with Billie Joe Armstrong, right next to me, with his arms around me. All my life I had wanted this to happen and now it just made me a little sad... Because I couldn't stop thinking about when the summer ended... Or when my parents found out where the hell I was. And considering that the rumor that I was with Billie Joe was spreading around my town... It wouldn't be too long.
I turned around, to face Billie Joe, careful not to wake him up.
His arms were still around me, as I turned onto my other side. I looked at him... God, who knew he could be so cute, sleeping. Who knew I'd be saying this?!
I looked at Billie Joe for a little, before closing my eyes again, and slowly drifting asleep. Well, that was before he moved, and my eyes snapped open. He had his head right next to mine... Not even 2 inches away. Our noses were almost touching.
I saw as he opened one eye, and then saw I was awake, so he shut it again.
"Billie Joe," I giggled, "I know you're awake"
I had to have a good time with Billie Joe... Because if I stayed scared the time I was there, and then I go home... It would suck... My fears are gonna be put behind me... I don't care. I don't care that I knew him for a day, I didn’t care that he was older than me... No, I wasn't gonna care about all the little shit. I knew I would regret it if I did.
"No, you're wrong, I'm asleep!" he whispered, not opening his eyes
"So I suppose your sleep talking?" I laughed
He smiled, and opened his eyes.
"Oh, yeah, told you" I whispered, smiling
"No, but you see, I JUST woke up"
"Yeah, sure Billie"
We sat there, looking at each other for a minute or two, and I looked away... Stupid... Stupid... STUPID! WHY did I look away?
"What time is it?" he said, sitting up.
"Time for me to bury myself alive for the worlds stupidest move" I thought to myself.
"Umm... Like 4:00" I said
"Oh man, it's 4?" he said to himself, and me
"Yep"
"Oh man, and I wasn't even tired"
I laughed at him, and sat up, next to him, when my cell phone rang.
"Shit!" I said, as I tried to get it outta my pocket.
With the sound of my cell phone, Tre woke up.
"What the hell is that?!" he groaned, the rest of him falling off the coach.
"It's my cell phone" I said
"What?! Who the hell is up at 4:00 and calling someone's cell phone?!" Tre asked, annoyed
"I live in Connecticut, you idiot. So over there it's 7"
"Oh..." said Tre. Who the hell is up and calling someone's cell phone at 7:00?!"
I laughed at him, and then opened my cell phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey! Oh My Gawd, is it true you're staying at Billie Joe Armstrong's house!?" I heard a voice.
It was a girl from my school... I personally didn't like her, but she still talked to me.
"Well... Not tonight" I answered
"Huh?"
"Tonight I'm at someone else’s house" I answered, making sure not to tell her I was a Tre Cool's house
"Who?"
"If I were to tell you, you'd tell someone. Don't think I don't know about all you teenie bitches spreading shit" I said, and with that I hung up
Billie Joe laughed, and got up from the couch, still with his day clothes on.
"I think I'm gonna go home," He said, turning to look at me.
I got up, and followed him to the door.
"Billie... You're gonna drive when you're this tired?" Said Tre getting up
"Yeah... And I'm not THAT tired"
I walked over to Billie Joe, and slammed into him, because I couldn't see through the dark.
"Oww man" I said, rubbing my forehead
He put his arm around my shoulders, and held me close to him.
"All right, All right" Said Tre getting up, but stumbling because he couldn't see, either.

***

"Home sweet home," said Billie Joe, stumbling into his house because he was so tired.
"I never thought I'd be so happy to see this place..." I said "Wait... Never mind... I was always happy to see this place"
He laughed, and turned on a light.
We both went upstairs into our rooms, and I changed into my pajamas, and lay down in my bed..." My Bed"
I lay down, but couldn't sleep. I twisted a turned, but I really couldn't sleep.
I got up and when downstairs and into the kitchen to get something to drink.
I crept down the hallway, past Billie Joe's room, and down the stairs, and into his kitchen. I turned on the light, and opened the cabinet, took a glass, and filled it with water.
Billie Joe came down the stairs, squinting because of the light.
"What are you doing awake?" he asked, sitting in the chair across from where I was sitting.
"I couldn't sleep, so I came down to get a drink"
"Oh" he said, getting up, to make some coffee
"Billie... If you're making coffee, how do you expect to go back to bed?" I asked, giggling
He smiled, and just sat back down, putting his head on the table.
"Billie...?" I whispered
But he had fallen asleep.