Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

So?

"My fucking head" groaned Billie Joe walking out of the kitchen, at 8:00
He stopped, and looked at me, as I was curled up on the couch watching MTV.
"I thought it would hurt, after you fell outta the chair earlier..." I said laughing at him
"That explains why I was on the ground this morning..." he mumbled, "Why are you up to early?!"
"Billie... It's 8:00."
"Exactly! Early."
"If it's so early for you, then why are you up?" I asked
"Because... My fucking head hurts."
He walked out of the room, and came back 5 minutes later.
"Asprin..."
I laughed at the look on his face, and he smiled, sitting down next to me on the couch.

***

It was quite... Waay too quite. I had been on the bed, listening my ipod, when Basket Case came on. I smiled, thinking about how the last time I listend to this song, I had met Billie Joe... Billie Joe, why hadn't I heard from him in the past hour or two?
I paused my ipod, and got off the bed.
"Billie Joe?" I said, looking in his bed room... Nope, not there
"Billie?"
I walked downstairs, looking around. And then finally, I heard some noise. It was Billie on his guitar.
"Another turning point a fork stuck in the road/ time grabs you by the wrist and directs you where to go/so make the best of this test and don't ask why/it's not a question but a lesson learned in time/it's something unpredictable/but in the end it's right/I hope you had the time of your life
I was confused... Why was he playing that? I sorta let it pass, but then he started playing 'Sick of Me' from Shenanigans. Ok, now I knew something was up.
"So you got your problems/So you got it alright/Do you have a conscience? /Do you have a reason? /Well I'm sick of you too/Wonderin' out the door"
It sounded weird with just one guitar... But none the less, even with out the words you could tell what he was playing.
I didn't want to go and butt into how he was feeling... Cuz that would have been really messed up on my part. But I really wanted to find out what he was so sad about...
I decided to leave it... For now. I sat up in the room, with my guitar on my lap. Since Billie Joe had just been playing his guitar, it made me want to play mine. Except I wasn't gonna sing... If I did, whatever song I would be playing, I would ruin.
I started to play 'Holiday' that was my favorite song when American Idiot came out.
I got up, and started to jump around while playing Holiday... I couldn't help but sing along to it.
In the middle of the song, I looked over at the door, while still jumping to see Billie Joe standing there, and amused look on his face. I slowly stopped playing the song, and smiled, also blushing.
He laughed, stepping into the room while clapping.
I was breathless from jumping around the room, playing, and singing as loud as I could, forgetting that I was in Billie Joe's house, with him downstairs.
"I'm speechless." He laughed
I smiled, and looked at the ground, embarrassed. He still smiled, as I took off my guitar strap, and placed it on my bed.
"Was I that bad?!" I asked, seeing he was still letting out a little laugh every once in a while.
"You weren't bad... Actually, you were really good on the guitar... Its just your little dance made it worth watching." He laughed
I giggled, "All my friends know how I always dance like that to that song."
He laughed, at hearing how I always acted like that when that song was on or when I played it.
"I'm hungry," he said, "Wanna get something to eat?"
"Yeah, sure. I am, too," I said, and we went down the stairs to the kitchen

***

It was 9:00 that night... And we were once again, at Tre's. But the difference this time, was everyone was trashed. It was Saturday night, and SNL came on. It was a repeat of when they preformed 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams'
"Heys! Thats Bes Us!" slurred Tre, pointing to the TV.
I started laughing uncontrolably... Over nothing... God thats pathetic
Billie Joe got up to walk, but started to walk in a diagonal line and ended up sitting next to me on the couch.
We all watched Saturday night live, and then Holiday came on...
"Hey! Mandy! That's what you were playing before," Billie Joe slurred
Tre and Mike looked over to me, from the TV.
"You... Umm.. O yeah, you play the guitar?" asked Mike
"Ya! I love it!" I said
A little later my cell phone rung, I took it out of my pocket, still far from sober, and answered it.
"Hewo?"
"Mandy! Hewo? What? Fuck, you're drunk, aren't you?!" Screamed Becky
"Wha? Oah, No!"
"WHATEVER Mandy!" she screamed, "But your parents know..."
My parents know? I may have been drunk... But I knew what she meant.
"They... They know where I am?!" I said, already knowing they did
"YES! Someone told them!" she yelled
I hung up on her, again, but this time, ready to cry. They knew where I was... They knew where I was...

"Billie Joe! My parents!" I said, hanging, after the phone call
He was pretty much passed out... But I didnt care, I needed to talk to him.
"Hmmm?"
"My parents know where I am! They know I'm with you!"
"So?"
So? SO?!
"Billie Joe... Their gonna come after me... And bring me home."
"So?" he said again
I was hurt... Really hurt...
"Billie... Don't you care?"
"Yeah, I care. But their your parents, whats the worst they can do?"
I knew he was drunk... But I didn't care. Even Mike and Tre looked amazed at what he was saying.
"Billie, dude," Said Tre, "You gotta care that their gonna take her home!"
"No, Tre... It's okay..." I said, glaring at Billie Joe
I got up, grabbed my jacket, and walked out of the house. I couldn't stand to be around Billie Joe.

I got into Billie Joe's house, and immediatly went up to my room, slamming the door behind me... I couldn't believe Billie Joe had been like that. I knew he was drunk... But I still expected him to care... Atleast a little about me. I looked up to Billie Joe... And now I just wished he hadn't offered me to live there for a while... The more I thought about it, the more sad I got, until I finally cried...