Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

First Kiss

I finally got over my problem with Billie Joe, after sitting with him on the couch, just hanging out together. And after he came over to me, telling me he was sorry and stuff, I couldn't help but forgive him. After all, he was wasted, and I don't know. Whatever.
We sat on the couch, it was about 1:00, and VH1 'Drivin' came on, the one about Green Day.
"Look! It's little Billie!" I laughed, pointing to the TV.
He turned around, and laughed as he saw when they flashed a picture of when he was little. I felt awkward. Here we were, sitting next to each other on the couch, and yet we were just watching TV. Not the perfect picture, eh?
The show started to talk about how Billie's father died. I looked over at him from the corner of my eye. He bit his lip, but didn't take his eye's off the TV.
I knew he didn't want to hear about it. I can't picture anyone wanting to hear about his father's death on TV.
I picked up the remote, and turned the channel to something else.
He looked at me, and smiled. He pretty much knew why I had changed it.
"Didn't like it?" he smiled, looking at me.
"No- I mean yes- I mean, I like that show, but I've seen that one tons of times"
He smiled, and got up as someone's phone rang.
"No, wait, it's mine" I said, getting up, and taking it out of my pocket.
I flipped open my cell phone and answered it. God, I was getting so sick of talking to all the annoying girls in Connecticut. But as soon as I answered, I dare say it. I wish it was one of them.
"Hello?"
"You God Damn Bitch!"
Damn... My mom...
Billie Joe heard her yell at me, she was yelling so loud.
"What?"
"You god damn bitch! We sent you to California to get AWAY from those Bastards, Green Day!"
And of course, Billie Joe heard that, too
"Shut up mom! GOD! All you want me to do is get away from the things I like! You make me do what you want me to do! And their not the bastards."
"WHAT?! What the hell are you talking about?!"
I wanted to hang up SO BAD. But I couldn't because that would get her even more mad, and she would send either herself, or my father out here to get me...
"Green Day, has been caring for me more than you EVER have! And I've only known them for a little while!"
"You bitch! Which one are you staying with!?" she screamed
"You found out that I was staying with Green Day, that's more than I wanted you to know! And why the hell do you think I'd tell you?!" I said, getting up, to go into another room. If my mom had anything to say about Green Day, and Billie Joe, it wouldn't be nice. Also, I really didn't want him to hear what she had to say.
"Tell me who you're staying with, right now. I'm your mother. I have to know where you are."
She was my mom, but before now, she never cared where I was.
"Mom, I have to go... My... Umm... My cell pone battery is dying" I lied
"I know you're lying!"
"Good for you."
"You better be packing right now! You better be coming home!"
"You kicked me outta the fucking house because I was useless, and now you want me to come back! Are you kidding me?! NO mom! I'm not going back! I feel like I'm at least liked where I am, and I'm not getting a bruise because of some stupid reason now! I'm in a house that I'm not getting kicked out of all the time."
"We didn't kick you out of the house, hon-"
"Don't call me hon"
"I give up! You may be happy right now, but little Green Day isn't always going to be there for you!"
"And you were never there for me"
"You're coming home! Whether you like it or not!"
I didn't know what to say. What did she mean?
"What do you mean-" but this time, ghe had hung up on me.
Billie walked in the room. I was sitting, against the wall curled in a ball. I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to leave Billie Joe.
He came over, and sat next to me. He put his arm around me, and we sat there. I didn't want to say anything. Well, I did. But in a way I was scared to.
"Are you okay?" he asked, after an awkward silence
"Yeah, I'm okay. But Billie. You meant it when you said you weren't going to let them take me home," I paused, "Right?"
He looked at me, and nodded. "Yeah, and I still mean it"
We both got up, and went out to the couch. I told him what had happened, and tears in my eyes.
He hugged me, as tears once again started to go down my cheek.
I looked up at him, and tried to smile. He put his thumb over my cheek, and wiped my tears away.
We sat there in silence for a moment. And then he bent down a little, as I looked up at him. We were so close, that our noses were once again, almost touching.
This time, I wasn't going to look away.
I felt his lips touch mine, and that was all that had to happen to make my brain explode. I didn't know what to think. I pretty much died, came back to life, and died again. Such a horrible moment, turned into one that I had always thought was never gonna happen.
The door flung open, and Tre, came inside, and stopped, staring at us.
Remember how I said I was more than happy with Tre's horrible timing?! I take that back! Why did he have to walk in then?
Billie Joe hadn't noticed that Tre was there at first. But after a couple more seconds, he did...
Tre looked at us, first from shock, to then a huge smile on his face. And I knew what he was thinking.
Billie broke away from our kiss, and looked at Tre.
"Don't you knock anymore?!" Said Billie Joe, getting up.
Tre didn't say anything, he just smiled. Still.
"And take that stupid look off your face" said Billie, noticing he was still smiling
Tre didn't stop smiling.
"What do you want?" Said Billie, getting annoyed now.
"Nothing... I just got bored" said Tre
Tre looked at me, and then back to Billie. STILL smiling.
"Tre, if you don't stop smiling I'm going to hurt you" Billie threatened.
"I'm suddenly not bored anymore..." Tre said, with a laugh
"Good for you" Snapped Billie.
"I'll be right back." Said Tre, and he walked out of the house.
"He's one of my best friends... But at times he can be the most annoying guy in the world" sighed Billie Joe, sitting down. "And by far, he has the worst timing"
I couldn't speak at first, everything that just happened was still going through my head. 10 minutes ago I was crying. 5 minutes ago I was kissing Billie Joe.