Maybe Memories

Lisa

Today was just like every other day, except for the fact that it was a Thursday. Now, if you asked what the exact day was, I would have no idea. Except that it was a Thursday in March. The only reason why I know it was a Thursday because Lisa and I were really happy, and that was because Thursday is the best day on earth. Probably because Lisa’s step dad, Harry, worked really late on Thursdays and never could beat her. But that’s besides the point.

Lisa, Karin and I were laying down in the small little meadow in our town. Karin was twelve then, and part of out very small triangle of friends. Karin was there before I was, and she had taken the spot of Lisa’s best friend. But when I came into the picture, it wasn’t a question anymore. Lisa and I had more in common and it was like we were destined to be best friends no matter what, no one and nothing would get in our way. Karin wasn’t exactly mad, but she wasn’t happy either. But after one day after witnessing Lisa and I together she decided that it made more sense, she told me this one day when Lisa was sick from school. She wasn’t sick of course (She was just beaten so badly she couldn’t have gone to school without arising questions from the teachers)

Karin was still best friends with both of us though and on some days we’d all just hang out and listen to music. Karin loved Avenged Sevenfold, but she wasn’t as passionate about them as Lisa and I, probably why Lisa and I were closer than her. It might seem silly to you how a band could determine the strength of a friendship, but it wasn’t for Lisa and I. That very band brought us together, and forever we’d be in debt to them. Something I could not be any happier about.

As I was saying, Karin, Lisa and, I were laying down in this little meadow, or maybe it was a clearing? Either way I didn’t care. I loved how the calf-high grass itched and tickled my skin when I lied flat on my back looking up at the cloudy sky, watching the rain clouds from. A perfect day for Lisa and I, call us freaks but we could live forever without sun and just bask in the thunderstorms. The bushes of wildflowers would sway in the breeze from the oncoming storm, filling the meadow with a sweet natural aroma. The whole sky would darken and we’d just lay there, talking about anything and everything.

On that day we were talking about what we wanted to do with our lives. How the subject came up or anything like that, I have no idea. But it did, and right then we were making our plans for our lives. Karin, well--she had her own plans. She wanted to go back to Africa where her mother was from and she wanted to see a Gazelle. After that she wanted to go to Spain, her father’s mother’s mainland and participate in the running of the nudes. If you ever heard about the Bull Run, you’ll know that its one of Spain’s main attractions and also a very cruel way to use animals for human entertainment. Karin was always against animal cruelty, and the running of the nudes was something to distract people from the running of the bulls. And for her last stop she wanted to visit Ireland, where her grandfather was from go to a bar and out drink an Irish drunk. And of course, meet the one and only Johnny Christ. (who she had a little…alright huge thing for).

It might not sound like a lot but it was all she wanted to do. And not a day goes by that I don’t hear the way her silky voice sounded when she explained that to Lisa and I. And not a day goes by that I don’t feel the sorrow for her when I know that she can never complete them. But that’s a story for a later time.

As for Lisa and I we had a very simple goal. We were going to follow Avenged Sevenfold around on tour for a year or two. Lisa would raise money with her band Oxy (which she played guitar for and sang in) while I was still in school. And as soon as we had enough money we’d follow around the band. When all that was over we’d move to Huntington Beach, California and open up a book shop. Simple as that.

And even though those were our goals there was something more than that Lisa needed to do. She had to meet Brian Haner Jr. before she died. She loved him with all her heart, and I believe that more than anything else. Hell, I think he was neck-and-neck with me and that was saying a lot. Synyster Gates was the reason she picked up that guitar and learned to play it as wonderfully as she could. She played until her fingers were bleeding just so she could get down all the songs down correctly. And she did, she even dedicated a song to me. Second Heartbeat was my song, and it still is today. The very first time I went to her band practice she played me that song. I’ve been in love with it ever since, and it’s been my very favorite song from them ever since. I swear sometimes when I listen hear enough I can still hear her voice singing to me.

But I’m getting ahead of myself, the point is that Lisa was going to meet Brian one way or another, it’s all she ever wanted to do. And once she meet him her life would be complete. Somehow, someway meeting him would make all the pain subside. If only I knew that after she got her wish that my days with her would be numbered.

+_+_+_+

I remember the day she bought her tickets from the ticket master in the mall. I was right there by her side the entire time, as she jumped and screamed with happiness. I haven’t ever seen her happier before that day. She was sad that I couldn’t come, because I was only ten and there was no way my mother was going to let me go. But I was happy for her and I was glad she was finally getting what she wanted, what she needed or so long.

She went to that concert that night in May, and when she came back she was the very happiest I’ve ever seen her in my life. She had finally gotten her wish. She met Brian, she hugged him, and she talked to him. She told me she could die happy now. That she could die and it wouldn’t even matter because she had already done everything she ever really wanted to do.

And now I wonder what I would have done if I knew that she really meant that her life was complete. What if knew that one that night she came back from the concert, when I was sleeping in her bed with her snuggled up next to me that I would only have thirty more days left with my best friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one is going to be really hard for me to write. So i think i might just post the memoir that i wrote for school instead of rewriting. You'll know why it's so hard.

:(

And thanks, for reading this. It means a lot to me, that someone would care to even try to figure out more about me. :]