Maybe Memories

Lewis

It was just an average day in August, a few weeks before the beginning of my sixth grade year and I was at Nicki’s house. As soon as I got my schedule I called my older cousin who went to the same school as I did, only as an eighth grader. I went over to her house--and I remember it was the year of the VMA’s and I was so excited to see Panic! At The Disco play--and after she explained where all my classes were and stuff like that we called Lewis, her boyfriend, and her friend Kevin.

Once Kevin and Lewis had made it to her house in downtown Wharton, we decided we’d walk down the street to Maria’s pizzeria. Maria’s was a small place but it had the best pizza and fries in town. I remember when we were walking to Maria’s, the entire time Nicki didn’t even bother talking to her boyfriend, she was much too caught up in talking to Kevin. I, on the other hand, was ecstatic for two reasons. Lewis was talking to me, which was a wonder all on its own seeing how beautiful and cool he was. And the other reason is that he was talking to me about Avenged Sevenfold.

That’s right, I could actually talk about them to Lewis. Mind you, I wouldn’t dare listen to them, but I could talk about them now. It was weird how I was able to feel so close to Lewis, when I really didn’t know him that well. But still I felt comfortable talking to him, and just fine opening up to him. When we got to Maria’s and found ourselves a comfortable booth in the back of the quaint little restaurant.

I cant deny that the entire time we were waiting for our food, I talked more to Lewis than anyone else. And I defiantly can’t deny the chemistry we had. We had the same taste in music, movies, people; everything. He had much more in common with me then he did with my cousin, but I didn’t see it that way because he was with my cousin. Nicki seemed to have picked up on it though, because she was sulking talking to Kevin the corner.

All was going fine, everyone was just enjoying there pizza, myself included. That is of course until I accidentally bit into the side of my check and blood invaded my mouth. I excused myself into the bathroom to wash my lip, and thought that was that. But boy was I wrong. I turned around to close the door before anyone came in, but never had the chance to. Lips crashed into mine forcefully, pushing my back flat against the wall. I wasn’t exactly sure what I was doing, I was caught up in the feeling of being kissed; a first for me.

When I did open my eyes I saw Lewis standing there before me, his hands on either side of my head, slightly out of breathe. He looked gorgeous just like he always did, maybe even more so now that he was so close up. And once again all common sense escaped me and I pushed my lips to his once again, shorter this time but still intense.

“What are we doing? You’re with my cousin, ‘member?” I hissed out in a whisper, afraid that someone might overhear if I spoke any louder. Reality flushed inside my mind again, and I could see everything I was doing right now. Kissing my cousin’s boyfriend in a bathroom the size of a decimal with her just a few yards away, being one of them

“Look, forget Nicki. I’ll break up with her. It obviously isn’t working out with her. I like you,” he said in a nervous rush, but his sincere eyes never left mine, not once.

“You can’t just break up with her!” I exclaimed, totally unaware of what those words would trigger. I would learn very soon that when ever you told Lewis he couldn’t do something, he’d prove you wrong.

And with that Lewis rushed out the bathroom, dragging me along with him. I stumbled to catch up with him as he stalked out to our table in determination.
“look, Nicki, I’m really sorry, but things aren’t working out. So, it’s over. Bye,” Lewis proclaimed with a cocky grin in my direction before started to drag me along in the direction of the front door. Stunned. Yeah, Nicki and I both. She was chocked because she had just been dumped by her boyfriend in public because her boyfriend liked her little cousin better. And I was shocked because Lewis had just abruptly broke up with my cousin in the middle of a pizza place for me, and I couldn’t be happier.

The rain was a light drizzle coming down on us when we first emerged outside, but that didn’t stop Lewis down. No, in fact, it had only gave him more motivation it seemed. He started on a dead run, pulling me by my wrist along with him, down the streets of Wharton. I’m not sure if he knew where he was going, but it didn’t seem to matter to me because I ran right along side him. I ran all the way from Maria’s to the little park on Sterling Street only a block away from my house.

By the time we had settled down on the swings, the rain had turned up seven notches and it was down pouring. I didn’t care and neither did he, seeing as we were both big fans of the rain. Everything that had just happened had settled in too. It didn’t make sense, but I believe it was true then. The way Lewis had just up and left Nicki was reality and he was in fact with me now, even as impossible as it seemed. The way his lips found mine then, was impossible but still true.

The way he made everything fade into the background and leave nothing but the way he breathed so softly against my lips as he held me in the middle of the basketball court, with the rain sloshing around us in buckets seemed but impossible but still true.

The way he made everything seem perfect and so sweet, seemed impossible but true.

Or at least for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was the way i remember it. some of the dialouge might be off.

That was just the very first day we started "going out".

the next will start off with how he started to not-so-subtly corrupt my innocence.