The Best in Town

Chapter 03

I watched Fearne leave, and I turned my attention to Ian but he'd already began to walk away. I sighed deeply and looked longingly at his retreating back.

Why didn't he want me? I always had lots of girls as well as a few boys throwing themselves at me, so why didn't Ian like me in that way? I was everything he could possibly need - I was blonder than Fearne and I had a much better dress-sense than her. Ian didn't come across as the straight type.

I racked my brains for a quick idea; anything to break them up.

Ian made me feel important when he wasn't with Fearne - talking about me to the press as if we were lovers - and sometimes when we were talking he'd flirt back with me. He was completely and utterly in love with me, but perhaps he didn't realise it - or worse, he didn't want to admit it.

And I needed to somehow show him that he needed to come out into the open about his feelings, so that he'd want me.

"Fearne is cheating!" I said aloud, and got a funny look from Lee, who'd just walked past me. I rubbed my hands together as my plan came into action.

I'd go onto Lostprophets' bus and rifle through Fearne's stuff. I'd then take a few choice items and leave them on my band's tour bus, before accusing her of being in bed with a member of my band. I decided to pin the blame on Gavin - primarily because he wasn't as important as me - and I hopped onto the Lostprophets tour bus to search through Fearne's suitcase.

I found it dumped on a bed, and I went to open it, but it was locked.

Not wanting to be deterred, I scoured the cupboard at the end of her bed and found a key on the top shelf.

"Stupid bitch!" I grinned, and pushed it into the keyhole of her suitcase. It clicked open and I was faced with dresses, jeans, underwear and much more. Although it was a small case, there were definitely enough clothes inside to last her for the entire duration of the tour. After all, we can't be expected to go to a laundrette whilst touring. It would completely ruin our reputations.

I picked up some of her underwear and was about to leave the bus when a bright red dress in the corner of her suitcase caught my eye. I glanced about the bus, checking that nobody was about, and a devilish grin slipped onto my face. There was no harm in trying it on, right?

I shimmied out of my jeans and shirt, and stood shivering in the tour bus for a moment. I picked up a pair of lacy black knickers, smiled to myself and slipped them on once I'd taken my boxers off. I then put the dress on, and although it didn't fit all too well, I thought I looked amazing.

I picked up a pair of her heels and they miraculously fit me, so I strutted up and down the bus, thinking that I looked mighty beautiful - which of course, I did. No question about it. I smirked and was about to continue rifling through her belongings when I heard the door of the bus open. I panicked and dived into an empty bunk, worrying what would happen if somebody saw me dressed like this.

"Fuck, Lee!" gasped the voice of Mike, and I heard one of them slam against a wall, "We'll have to make it quick though because we need to sound-check in a few."

To my reckoning, they were probably about to have violent, noisy sex. This wasn't unusual for me, knowing that they were going to have sex. Pretty much everybody on this tour was gay and there were always people at it like rabbits. The only people that aren't gay are Bob, Snoz and Iain - the average-looking people are never gay, of course. For goodness sake, you have to be sexy to be gay! And Funeral For A Friend aren't gay either; nobody seems to care about them because they don't bum about and flirt with the rest of us. They're just boring grown-ups who sing about the sea, anyway.

Lee and Mike had hot animal sex, before they left the bus once more. I rolled out of the bunk and hastily got changed, so fast that I left the lacy underwear on, and I dashed off the bus without picking up any of Fearne's stuff.

"Sean! How you doing?" asked a voice from behind me, and I span around to see the bassist of Kids In Glass Houses - Shay. He grinned at me and I realised that he only wanted one thing.

"I'm fine," I grinned.

I was cool with getting intimate with other people. I loved Ian, but it was fine to have other people at my disposal for sex.

"We've got about half an hour before sound-check..." he said innocently.

"Get on the fucking tour bus," I grinned, and dragged him into my bunk.

I shoved my lips onto his and grinded my hips against his. His fingers traced the outlines of my hips and he reached for my jeans. I gripped hold of his jeans, too, and was about to rip them off when I realised that I was still wearing Fearne's underwear. But it was too late; we'd gone too far for me to get out of this now.

"Sean, why are you wearing girl's underwear?" he asked, an odd expression flashing across his face.

Bugger.