Sequel: Ella's New Sound
Status: In process of name changing. If you would like to continue reading, go ahead and do so. Names: Ray=Marcus Gerard=Alex Mikey=Mitch and Frank=Freddy

Mary without Sound

Chapter 12: Your Cries Make My Heart Frown

I came back to my senses and grabbed the peanut butter and jelly and bred and made a sandwich.
“So, four years huh?” came a voice. I turned and saw Frank. He seemed to be better, though he really should be sleeping right now.
“Uh, yeah, four years. I’m sorry you had to find out that way. We were going to tell you guys next year”
“Why did you keep it a secret?”
“We didn’t know how you guys would act. We wanted to wait a while.”
“Have you guys…you know…done it yet?”
I paused at the question. Should I tell him?
“Yeah, once.”
“Oh.”
I took a bite of my sandwich and started walking up stairs.
“Goodnight Mary.” He said softly.
“Night.”
I walked into my room and saw Ray sleeping in my bed. I licked the jelly off my fingers and crawled into my bed next to Ray. He kindda woke up but not really.
“You’re going to have to go back to your room, you know that right?” I told him, resting my head on his chest.
“Yeah.”
“Mikey and Caitlyn are going to be home soon. We can celebrate tomorrow. It’s Sunday and Mikey, Gee and Caitlyn have an open house at the college to go to. And Frank is visiting his cousin who’s in town. We have the whole day to ourselves.”
“Okay.” He gave me a kiss and left. I was so tired that I fell asleep instantly.
I dreamt that night. It was an awkward and different dream. I guess it kind of went like this:
I was a queen in an Asian palace with Ray by my side. Well actually I was a princess and I wasn’t allowed to marry Ray because he was a servent. And my mother that I never knew was going to have Ray be-headed because she wanted to end the love between us. The good part was that he escaped with me and we ran away.
As I woke, I felt Ray stroking my bangs out of my face.
“Hey baby.” He whispered.
--------------------------------------------
The last few weeks have been hectic. Ray has been really protective of me ever since Frank found out about us. He got me a pager for god’s sake. So we can ‘know where we are at all times’. I hate it. But what’s worse, are the fights that we’ve been getting into lately. But I wasn’t expecting what happened that night.
“Where were you tonight?” he asked as I walked into my room. He was sitting on my bed playing with a string on his pants.
“I was out with the girls.” I told him. I walked over to him to give him a kiss but he pulled back. “Are you okay?”
“I’m tired of you always going off like that and not returning my calls.”
“Sorry.” I pulled away from him as he spoke. Why was he being like this?
“Well, it’s not going to cut it this time!” he started yelling. I got scared.
“If you’re not going to trust me to even hang out at a club with my girlfriends, then this needs to stop!” I stormed out of the room and headed towards Franks room.
“Is everything okay Mary? I heard yelling.” He stood up.
I burst into tears. He hurried over to me and hugged me. I cried harder than I ever have. Where’s Gerard when I need him?
“It’s going to be okay.” He stroked my hair and I cried harder. Then Ray walked into the room.
“What’s going on here?” he asked.
I turned to see his steaming red face. His brown eyes got darker.
“He’s only comforting me!” I took a step forward.
“I see.” And he stormed out, just as I had before.
I didn’t want him to leave. He was my everything. He was my everything for my whole life! I broke down crying again. I just hope things work out. I don’t think I can handle not being with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
heh. not what you expected, now is it?