Sequel: Ella's New Sound
Status: In process of name changing. If you would like to continue reading, go ahead and do so. Names: Ray=Marcus Gerard=Alex Mikey=Mitch and Frank=Freddy

Mary without Sound

Chapter 7: The Sound of Revenge

“I’m looking for my brother, Billy Joe Harrison.” I brushed my hair with my finger tips and put my bangs behind my ears. I look at Ray.
“Ah, yes. He told us to expect his little sister to come. Your dad called today, didn’t he?”
I shook my head yes. That man was not my father and this boy is not my brother. I thought to myself.
“He is in room 217 on the second floor.”
Ray followed me to the elevator. I hit the second button and we moved up. I was so nervous. I couldn’t believe I was doing this; thinking that I’m going to see the kid who destroyed the beginning of my life. But I guess getting out of that house and family and into a nice home was a good thing. If it weren’t for B.J., I would have never of met the guys. We get to the second floor and look down the hall for room 217.
Ray pointed to a door and I looked at the number. 217. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I bright light strained my eyes. I then realized that the light was the sun shinning threw the window. My eyes came to focus as I walked in. Ray followed slowly behind.
“Hello?” I whispered, peaking around a small corner. There in a hospital bed was a man about 25 years old.
“He’s sleeping.” A voice came from behind Ray. We turned and saw a man in his late 40’s.
“You must be Mary Jane. I’m Fred, your father.” The man said.
“I have no father by that name.” I said, coldly.
“I know I’m not much but I’m so glad you’re here.” We all got into the room more.
“This is my step brother, Ray. He’s the one that I’ve been living with for the past 13 years” the guys shook hands and said hi.
I sat down in a chair in a corner of the white room. We sat for about two hours until Billy woke up. Here it is, the moment of my life. I sat up more to get a better look.
“Billy,” Fred was standing by his bed. Brushing Billy’s hair with his hands. “Your sister, Mary Jane, is here to see you. Just like you wanted.”
Fred helped Billy to sit up to look at me. I stood up. Ray was about to stand up but I gave him the signal to sit back down. So he sat. I walked to his bed and looked at the man who destroyed my life.
“Could you give us some time alone?” I asked. I looked at Ray and gave him a smile that reassures him. I’ve been practicing that smile for 6 years. Ray nodded and stood up. The two guys walked out the door and then it was silent.
Billy was clean faced, red hair, and had some muscle on his arms. He had a few tattoos. On his knuckles, there were barbwires wrapped around them and moved along to his fingertips. So it was obvious he didn’t have an office job. He was very pail and his eyes had dark circles around them. They looked sunken into his sockets. I slightly felt bad.
“Mary?” Billy asked.
I nodded my head, my heart beating so fast I thought I would die.
“Are you okay?”
Once, again I nodded my head.
“I’m sorry.”
I looked down at him. It wasn’t okay. I wasn’t okay. I’ve never been okay. He destroyed my first five years of me being a person. He tortured me, harassed me, and teased me till I cried. Why would I be okay?
“I’ve been thinking about a moment like this most of my life and now here it is. Why did you want to see me?”
“I wanted to say I was sorry for everything that I’ve done to you before I die. I know it’s probably not enough because of what I did, but I wouldn’t die, regretting not telling you how I felt. I’m sorry.”
I just stared at him. I blinked not knowing what to say to my dying brother.He apologized for the hurt he did to me. Can I accept it?
Billy coughed some nasty coughs and a nurse came running in.
“How long do you have?” I asked, looking around the nurse as she changed his water.
“I have about a week.”
The answer threw me off. A week until my brother dies. Should I care?
“My last wish was to see you. How old are you, 16, 17?”
“17,” I answered. I didn’t know what else to say. I guess I leave now. He said his last wishes to me, and I’m glad he did. But that doesn’t mean I forgive him. I stand up, grab my clothes, and leave.
I look at my watch. I couldn’t believe the time, 8:57 pm. The car ride and the waiting must have been longer then I thought.
“Let’s go check into a hotel Ray.” I walked by him and grab his arm.