Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

There Are Worse Things

"3... 2... 1... Go!"

Ashley and Mia sprinted down the train hallway and managed to jump into their compartment, dodging the unsuspecting straglers still walking about.

"I can't wait to see their faces." laughed Mia. "They're going to freak."

"I know." agreed Ashley. "Let's just hope they walk in their first or else it'll ruin everything."

Mia smiled and squated down in front of the door, pulling Ashley down with her, so they could watch safely from behind the protection of the glass.
As if on cue, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bullstrode came walzting out of their compartment and headed towards the irls bathrrom. Both in a heated conversation about something. Boys most likely.

Ashley smirked and glanced at Mia. "We really should get Hermione, Mia. After all, we are doing this for her. She deserves to see."

Mia pointed to the bathroom doors and shook her head. "No time. Look. They've already gone in. Besides... let's just let the news get to her when it does. People will be talking about it shortly."

Ashley and Mia didn't need to wait long. Only less than a minute after Pansy and Millicent went in did they come out screaming... covered in some sort of sticky dye powder, in the glorious colors of red and gold.
Everyone out in the hallway stood silent. Shocked. And then, in the blink of an eye, the mood shifted and fits of laughter errupted, drowning out the girls' cries for help.

"Ah," snickered Ashley. "I love the way your twisted little mind works."

Mia shot her a devilish grin and nodded, standing up and brushing off her skirt. "Me, too, Ash. But what would I doo without you?"

Ashley and Mia giggled as they bowed to each other, highly aware of the two Slytherin's murderous eyes watching their every move.

"Want to make them even more angry?" asked Ashley.

"How?"

"Like this..." Ashley stepped up to the glass and smiled wide, showing her teeth, and inhaled. She brought her plam to her mouth and kissed, blowing it over to them.

Pansy snarled and stomped off to her compartment, Millicent in tow, and began shouting something in a high-pitched squeal of a voice.

"Oh, crap." moaned Ashley.

Mia rolled her eyes and plopped herself down in one of the two seats. "Can't she do anything herself? Does she always have to run off to Malfoy?"

"No." Ashley flashed a teasing smile and glanced at Pasny's not-so-tiny figure. "She can't stand up for herself because if hit, she'll roll away."

Mia caught herself up in a choking fit and gasped for breath, clutching the seat for support. "Well... there's a reason they call her Pug-face Parkinson."

Ashley turned to seat herself but, before leaving the view of the glass, she caught sight of Malfoy and Flint sneaking peeks out the window into their compartment.

This won't end well....

________________

"Ashley!"

Ashley and Mia looked up from their seats in the Great Hall and looked towards the source of the noise.
Hermione came running up to them, excitment and curiosity in her eyes, before coming to a complete stop in front of them.

"Is it true?" asked Hermione, glancing between the two of them, a smile as big as Britian on her face.

Mia and Ashley exchanged a knowing glance and nodded, waving their hands in front of their face to wave it off, as if it were nothing.

"Yeah." smiled Mia. "No one messes with our girl and gets way with it."

Ashley nodded. "Especially Slytherin's."

Hermione snickered and looked over to, the still red and gold, Millicent and Pansy. "I will never forget this."

"That's what we're here for." said Mia.

Soon after, Harry and Ron joined and began quesioning about the train innocent, unable to hide their smiles, as well.

"I wish I could've seen it." moaned Ron.

"Well," smiled Harry, pointing over to the Slytherin table. "You can still see the aftermath."

They all laughed and began talking about Quidditch, wondering who will join the team this year, and waited until Dumbledore stepped up to the podium.
He began his speech, sorted the first years, and kicked off the feast. All in a timely matter.

After the feast was done, everyone took off towards their common rooms, except Ashley and Mia, who stayed behind to accept a few praises from other students.

"Quille!"

Ashley and Mia groaned, turning around to face the one and only, Draco Malfoy and his ignorant band of loyal followers.

Mia sighed and narrowed her eyes. "What do you want now, Malfoy?" Mia eyed his friends carefully and began sniggering. "Too much to handle to come alone?"

"Shut up, Lanston." Malfoy glared at Mia before fixing his eyes on Ashley. His gaze became murderous. "What do you think that stunt was you pulled on the train? Thought it was funny, did you?"

Ashley attempted to hide her smile but failed. "Of course. Everyone did. What, you didn't like it?"

Malfoy glowered at her and stepped forward, narrowing the gap. "You'd better watch yourself from now on, Quille."

Ashley shook her head and gripped her arms. "I'm shaking, Malfoy. Really."

Malfoy pursed his lips and turned on his heel, stalking off down the corridor.

"Ugh." goraned Ashley. "Did you see how close he was?!"

Mia giggled and nudged her arm. "Yes. He was pitching a tent... but we're not going camping."

Ashley stared a Mia for a moment before they burst out laughing. Something told Ashley that this year would be different.

This year would be special.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Let me know how it is.

-Meg