Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Motivation Proclamation

As predicted, Ashley did run into Brandon again. And where else? Lunch, of course. Even after only ten minutes of separation between the two, they were just as eager to see each other again. Ashley; because he was someone new and interesting to talk to. And Brandon; because she was the only one who didn't immediately try to undress him with her eyes or plot out his untimely demise. It was refreshing for both of them.

Brandon waved timidly at Ashley before racking up the nerve to cross the room until he reached the Gryffindor table. He flashed a dimpled smile and gestured towards the empty space beside her. "May I?"

"Sure," Ashley grinned. "Go ahead."

Hermione and peeked around Ashley and giggled, her cheeks flushing bright. "Hello, Brandon. Nice to see you again."

Brandon nodded. "Yeah. You, too."

"I didn't think I'd be seeing you again so suddenly. I was sure that your fellow Ravenclaw's would have drawn you into conversation by now." Ashley laughed.

"No," Brandon shook his head. "None of them talked to me. I think one girl managed to greet me before some other girl pulled her away. I don't think they're all too pleased with me being here."

"No, that's not it. I'm sure they're all too nervous to say anything."

"Or intimidated." Hermione nodded, glancing over at the Ravenclaw table. "The Ravenclaw students tend to keep to themselves, mostly. They're probably just trying to figure out if your any real threat to them."

Brandon knitted his eyebrows together. "Threat?"

"Yes."

"But why would I be a threat? I don't even know what they do."

Ashley laughed again, tossing a stray curl over her shoulder. "The Ravenclaw House is considered the, --how do I put this?-- not brainy, but--"

"Most intellectual of the four." Hermione cut in, offering a comforting smile towards the fidgeting boy. "If you got in that house, then, you must be smart. Well, smarter than most."

"So, they think I'm a threat IQ wise?"

Hermione nodded. "Exactly."

Ashley grinned, nudging Hermione's shoulder. "We all thought that Hermione would be put in that house when we first met her on the train our first year. Turns out that she was too brave to be in that house."

"Too brave?" muttered Brandon. "Well, I'm brave. Why wasn't I put in Gryffindor?"

Ashley shrugged. "Are you uptight?"

"No."

"Are you snooty?"

"No."

"Is your head stuck up your ass?"

Brandon laughed. "I don't think so. No."

"Well," Ashley frowned. "I'm out of ideas."

"Good, because I'm not sure how far that list could've gone."

Hermione giggled, leaning forward on her forearms. "And she says I talk too much."

"Well, you do." mumbled Ashley.

"Do not."

"Sure," Ashley clenched her jaw, fighting back a smile. It wasn't until she let her eyes sweep over the room that she noticed the absence of one person in particular. "Where's Mia?"

Hermione pursed her lips. "I don't know. I haven't seen her all day."

Ashley glanced over her shoulder to see Blaise seated at the Slytherin table, in a heated conversation with Malfoy. If he was here, then, where was Mia?

"Well, there's Blaise." Hermione sighed. "Do you think they had a falling out?"

"I'm not sure. Blaise doesn't seem upset about anything."

"Would he be?"

"He should be," Ashley frowned again. "He's not just using Mia, Herms."

Hermione nodded, standing up. "I'll go check the Common Room, then. I'll be back in a little while."

Ashley nodded once, still staring at the Slytherin table. Malfoy had a smirk playing on his lips and an arm hanging loosely around some blond girls shoulders. He was still talking to Blaise but didn't look like he planned on letting her go any time soon. He looked over quickly and caught her eye, winking, before returning himself to the conversation.
Ashley wasn't sure why but the sight of his arm around that girls shoulders made her stomach tighten. She only figured it was because she was so disgusted with him for treating girls that way. No doubt she'll be just another notch on his bedpost tomorrow morning. Well, that is, if Malfoy decides he doesn't want to be a virgin anymore.

Ashley giggled at the thought. Brandon eyed her with an amused expression before rising from his seat, holding his hand out to her. "Do you want to go outside? We could get to know each other better, maybe?"

"Sure," Ashley grinned, taking hold of his hand. She peeked over at the Slytherin table to see Malfoy's wandering eyes following her. She quirked an eyebrow before turning back towards Brandon.

Brandon laughed. "So, what's your favorite color?"

"Hmm. I think, maybe, red." Ashley smiled. "You?"

"Brown."

"Brown?"

"Yes," Brandon snickered. "Favorite activity?"

"Quidditch. You?"

"Probably quidditch, as well."

"You play?"

"Yeah," Brandon grinned. "I used to play for my old school."

Ashley bounced on her heels, an idea popping into her head. "You should play on the Ravenclaw team."

"Why?"

"Because, if Ravenclaw and Gryffindor have a match, we could play against each other." Ashley laughed.

Brandon bit his lip, rubbing the back of his neck. "Would they let me play?"

"I'm sure they would. They have to let you tryout."

"You think?" questioned Brandon. "They weren't exactly singing my praises earlier."

Ashley nodded. "School rule. Besides, it might get you out there."

"What do you mean?"

"It might make them change their impression of you."

"Uhm," Brandon sighed. "I don't think I made one yet. Well, I don't think they let me make one."

"Well, then, go make one." Ashley gripped his shoulders and pushed him back in the direction of the doors. He nearly lost his footing and tripped over a loose root. Ashley giggled, shaking her head. "A better one than the one you gave me, Brandon."

"But--"

"Go." Ashley pointed towards the doors.

"You suck, Ashley." Brandon muttered, flashing a lopsided grin, before taking off for the school.

Ashley was just about to head in herself when Hermione came running over.

"Ash, she's not in the Common Room. I searched all over." Hermione frowned. She began twiddling her fingers; something she often did when she became nervous. Her eyebrows were pulled together and her nose wrinkled a bit. "I don't know where she could be."

"Have you asked Harry or Ron? Anyone if they've seen her?"

She shook her head. "No. I didn't run into them."

"Well, go ahead." Ashley ordered, turning on her heel. "I'll go ask around."

Hermione nodded, running off in the direction she came. Ashley was beginning to get worried. She hadn't seen her since last night. Usually, Mia would wake Ashley up and walk with her to breakfast, but she didn't today. Ashley could only hope that nothing happened to her.
If Blaise didn't know, maybe Malfoy would. She'd have to ask him later during detention.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am happy. I've got new subscribers and -get this!- they actually commented! Shocker, I know. Let them be an example to you and my one loyal commenter -- StubbornChloeSmiles. You rock, Stubborn! Well, hopefully more of you begin to comment, too. Oh, and check out the links to the pictures. I gave everyone a picture except Mia. I couldn't find the right person to portray her, yet. Tom Felton looks somewhat older in his picture, doesn't he? Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!!

xoxo -Meg.