Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Melting Through The Ice

Ashley wandered out to the Black Lake that night after her chat with Blaise. They talked for hours; sharing stories and hopes of Mia. Even fitting a few childhood memories in there, about themselves. Although he had done something horrible in his eyes, Ashley managed to convince him that it wasn't his fault. After all, it wasn't as if he planned to have this happen to Mia. Things like that happen all the time to muggles and they do just fine.
Ashley sighed, tossing a loose root into the water. The water rippled outward towards her toes and enveloped her feet in the small circles. She was too engrossed in the show to hear the soft thud of someone's footsteps stepping up behind her.

"Feeling guilty, are we?"

Ashley cringed from the venomous tone in his voice. He was the last thing she needed at the moment. "Go away," She mumbled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I just want to be alone."

"Why?" spat Malfoy. "Meeting someone?"

"No--"

"Or are you whoring around behind Lanston's back? You know--"

"What?"

"--I thought you two were suppose to be friends."

"What are you talking about, Malfoy?" Ashley arched an eyebrow, utterly confused. Why would he think she was doing something behind Mia's back?

"I saw you two." He smiled devilishly as he seated himself on the ground beside Ashley. "I saw you two hugging earlier."

"Who?"

"Zabini." Malfoy smirked. "Does Lanston know about you and her boyfriend? Or was she already in on it? Is this a threesome type--"

"What are you talking about?" Ashley shook her head.

"Earlier. I came out of detention and saw you and Zabini cuddled up on the bench. Looked pretty cozy, too."

"It wasn't what you think. I can ex--"

"Explain?" Malfoy laughed dryly. "Why would I care if you had an explanation? It's not me you should be worried about -- It's Snape. He knows you skipped out on detention tonight, Quille."

"And? Mia was in the Hospital Wing. I wasn't going to sit in detention while she suffered in there alone."

"Alone?" Malfoy's smirk widened. "So Lanston was all alone in the Hospital Wing while you and Zabini messed around?"

"That's not what happened!" Ashley snapped, slapping Malfoy hard across the face. She reacted quickly and covered her mouth, surprised at what she had done. "Sorry... I'm sorry... "

Malfoy sat, completely shocked, as he slowly rose his hand to his cheek. His skin tingled from the contact and he could feel the warmness from the sting. He would have a mark tomorrow. "What did you do?" He murmured. He narrowed his eyes and stood up, easily towering over the petite brunette girl. "What the bloody hell is your problem?"

"My problem?" Ashley mocked. "You're the one with the problem! You come out here all mad--"

"But, I didn't hit you, you twit."

"Well," Ashley sighed. "You deserved it. I mean, really, do you care about anyone but yourself?"

Malfoy was about to respond when the bells chimed; Signaling that it was time for them to head up to their rooms. She turned on her heel and began walking up the path back to the castle. She glanced over her shoulder and saw Malfoy slumped up against the tree.

Gaining his attention, she quickly mumbled a quiet, "Sorry, Draco." and continued on her way.

Malfoy stayed leaning against the thick stump until Ashley was out of sight. He cast his gaze out towards the vast lake view and ran a hand through his tousled locks. It took him nearly five minutes before he realized.

She had called him Draco.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a new update. Nothing much happens but, as you can see, Ashley let her guard down for a minute. And thanks to ria for attempting to decipher what PYW meant. She guessed Pregnant Yucky Witch -- Which probably could be the meaning. I don't have one for it so I guess that's what it shall be. Anyhoo, I hope you all enjoyed your 4th Of July. I know I did. I swear, I gained like 5 lbs. I need to go running now. Thank you for sticking with me!

Thank you all so much for reading and, please, comment for me!

xoxo - Meg.

P.S. - And, no. They are not yet in love. The ice is melting, though. And I apologize for the horrible shortness! Longer one out really soon. I promise.