Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Moment

Blaise was sitting behind one of the long velvet drapes in the Common Room , watching the sun set, cross-legged. The plentiful colors of the scene washed out over his skin, turning it a palet of pale orange and red; His chesnut hair flamed from the mix. He heaved a sigh and leaned his head against the stone wall as he toyed with the hem of his school shirt.
Right now, Mia was down in the Hospital Wing with her parents, the Headmaster and Madame Pomfrey. He didn't know if, by his absence, Mia would think he was abandoning her or not. He didn't want to be away from her but the guilt was too much for him to handle at the moment. And he couldn't stand to see her looking as weak as she is. Plus, there's the small issue of her parents. He knows they aren't pleased with this -- It was obvious. What parents would be?

"Zabini?"

Blaise shook his head as his so-called friend took a seat beside him on the floor. He wasn't ready to talk to anyone right now, let alone him. Blaise angled his body away from him, but, it did no good; He could still hear him.

"Listen, Zabini." Malfoy sighed. "I know you don't want to see anyone right now, but--"

"You think?" Blaise laughed dryly. "What made you think that?"

"But, if you'd just listen, I'm trying to... To... "

"You can't do it." muttered Blaise.

"I'm trying to... Apologize. And I could do it a hell of a lot better without you smarting off."

Blaise bit his bottom lip, nodding. Maybe, his apology would make him feel better -- As long as it wasn't crude or cruel. Honestly, he didn't think Malfoy had it in him to apologize to anyone. It just wasn't what a Malfoy did.

"Well," Blaise nodded. "Get on with it, then."

Malfoy clasped his hands together, gazing out the window. "Alright. Well... Zabini, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you, but, you ought to know that what you did was wrong, too. Even I wouldn't hit a girl. That's just a low blow, Zabini."

Blaise shook his head. "See? I knew you couldn't do it. You're turning this around on me already."

"No, I apologized to you, Zabini." Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. Right before you turned this on me." Blaise brushed off his trousers as he stood up. "I think I'll head up to bed. I'm not in the mood to continue this conversation anymore."

"So, you're not going to apologize?"

"To who?" snapped Blaise. "I have nothing to apologize for, Malfoy."

"I can think of a few people--"

"Like who?"

"Well, for one -- Lanston." Malfoy smirked. "Do you think she's happy with what you did to her? No girl could possibly be happy when they're staring at death."

Blaise grounded his teeth together as spun around to face Malfoy. His voice came out in a low, gruff tone. "Mia. Is. Not. Going. To. Die."

"Oh, really? That's not what I've heard."

"Shut up, Malfoy." growled Blaise.

"And what about Quille?"

"What about her?"

"You hit her, didn't you?"

"That's not important, Malfoy." Blaise closed his eyes, struggling to even his breathing.

"Not important?" mocked Malfoy. "She's a girl, Zabini."

"And?" Blaise smirked, narrowing the gap. "You only got worked up so much because it's a girl you want."

"No," Malfoy glared. "You hit a girl. And I didn't get worked up, Zabini."

"Stop lying, Malfoy. This whole thing is getting a little ridiculous. Just admit it so--"

"I. Do. Not. Like. Her." Malfoy spoke slowly as he pushed Blaise's shoulder. He let the words fall off his tongue as if they were poison. "She's a disease and--"

"This whole charade is getting old, Malfoy. Just admit it."

"Charade?" Malfoy laughed. "This isn't a charade. I hate her, Zabini. She's a pain in my--"

"Sure." Blaise rolled his eyes. "You've been going on and on about her since second year. I don't think you hate her as much as you're letting on."

"No, I loath that girl."

"Then why do you continue to talk about her? Why not just forget about her all together?"

"Because I can't!" Malfoy shut his mouth quickly as he sat down on the plush sofa. Blaise arched an eyebrow before glancing over at the clock, sighing. Malfoy groaned. "I don't like her, Zabini."

Blaise nodded. "Alright. I believe you, then." He glanced at the clock again before turning his attention to his shoes. "I might go visit Mia... See what's happening."

Malfoy nooded, waving as Blaise exited the room. He sunk back agianst the fabric and began nibbling on his fingernails. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he let the thoughts boil over in his head.

He couldn't like Quille -- It was wrong. Silver and gold do not match. Neither does fire and ice.

Then why, when McGonagal mentioned that they would be representing together at the ball, did he feel a surge of another emotion run through his veins besides hatred? It was unreadable to him. He'd never felt anything like that before. Well, once, but not as clear as this one. It scared him some. He didn't know what it was or what it meant. Hell, he didn't even know what he was feeling. If he could feel something for someone other than himself.

But, the biggest question still remained.

Why did he anticipate their detentions so much?
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to say a quick thank you to all of you who have commented -- Thank You! I wouldn't have made it this far into this story without all of your support. Oh, and, thank you to Clara; for offering to have sex with my story... That's never happened before. Uhm, thanks -- It made me laugh. You're awesome. I hope you all enjoyed the update. Next one out really soon!

Thank you for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.

P.S. - Did everyone see the banner? Mikey Mayhem made it for me. I really love it, so, thank you! This chapter is dedicated to you.