Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Dance With The Devil

Ashley adjusted the pin in her hair one more time before checking herself over in the mirror. Her brown hair had been curled and swept up into an elegant bun, centered on the back of her head, with just a few loose curls framing her face. Her brown eyes were lined with silver and her lips were colored like a pale red rose. She flattened the ruffles in in her dress quickly before she made her way over to the door and down the stairs.
Hermione, Ron and Harry were waiting in the Common Room for her, waiting to meet their dates in the Great Hall; Except for Hermione. This time, it was decided that the students were to meet their partners there instead of beforehand.

"Ash," Harry grinned. "You look wonderful."

"Thank you." She smiled, a light pink adorning her cheeks. "Hermione." She breathed. "You look... Fantastic."

Hermione blushed, pulling the sides of her dress out to show it off better. She had her normally frizzy hair straightened, and had pinned a small daisy behind her ear. Her eyes popped with the faint brown that was coloring her eyelids and her lips were glossed. She looked stunning, to say the least.

"Yes," Ron announced, clearing his throat. "Should we go? We don't want to keep our dates waiting."

"No." Hermione snapped. "We don't."

"Well, those of us who have dates--"

"What's that supposed to mean, Ronald?"

Harry sighed, grabbing Ron's arm and pulling him out of the portal hole. Ashley copied with Hermione and, soon, they were standing in the the doorway of the Great Hall. The decorations were lovely. Bouquets of roses were stationed at every table and lavender drapery hung from the walls. Soft music played from the small balcony. It was just about perfect.
Ashley grinned when she saw Seamus heading their way with his date. Ashley recognized her as Lyla; A girl they've known since their third year when she transfered here. Her black hair framed her face delicately and her green eyes sparkled from the lighting.

"Seamus," Ashley smiled. "You're date is Lyla?"

He nodded, pulling the girl closer to him. "Yeah. We ran into each other in the Library and, well. Here we are."

"Well, it's nice to see you again, Lyla."

"You, too." She grinned, tucking some hair behind her ear. "Where's your date, Ashley?"

"Mine?" Ashley frowned, scanning the room. She didn't seen him when she came. "I'm not sure."

"You mean, you've lost your date?"

"No," She shook her head. "I just haven't found him, yet." She was just about to give up when she spotted the platinum blond boy by the entrance, leaning against the wall. Ashley smiled, excusing herself from the group.

She looked at Harry, then to Hermione, and nodded. She turned away and closed her eyes, taking a deep inhale before reaching her date. She touched her chest as she walked; Her heart was accelerating the closer she got to him. Ashley looked down at the ground in fear that she might blush from staring at him too much.
When she walked over to him, she put on her brave face and exhaled. She looked back up and managed a smile, but when he didn’t smile back she found herself insulted. Finally, as she was standing only a foot away from him, he stood up straight in his nice dress clothes, and to her surprise, he actually looked very handsome.

“Hello, Malfoy.” Ashley greeted, quietly.

“Quille.” He said in a low tone, staring off in the direction of her friends.

She wished that they would go away so that she could be alone with him and possibly get some answers from him about what happened. She turned her head, noticing her friends had walked inside, and then turned her attention back to Malfoy, who was now… Standing very close her.
She looked into his ice blue eyes and his hand found it's way to the small of her back, pulling her into him. Her heart began beating at the pace of a lab mouse's as she stared into him silently. He said nothing as his eyes searched her and it looked as if he was going to kiss her. His head dipped down slowly then jerked, as if he realized what he was doing. She was frustrated when he turned and walked with her inside.

“I should have known.” Ashley mumbled.

Malfoy arched an eyebrow, smirking slightly. "What was that, Quille?"

Ashley shook her head as he positioned himself in front of her, taking her hand in his. He suavely began maneuvering them in a rhythmic pattern, easily coming into step with the rest of the Hall. Soon enough, they were dancing. Neither of them seemed to mind as their bodies pressed against each other, or even bothered to take notice. Slowly, almost hesitantly, Ashley laid her head down on his shoulder, inhaling his scent.

It wasn't until Malfoy's lips brushed against the skin of her neck that she remembered her motives.

"Malfoy?" Ashley whispered, pushing away. "We need to talk."

"About what?"

Ashley sighed, pulling him out of the Great Hall and into the empty corridor. Checking both ways to make sure no one was around, she leaned in closer. "What you did."

"I did?"

"Yes," Ashley groaned. "To me. The other day? Remember?"

Malfoy smirked, closing the distance. "Maybe you should refresh my memory."

"No," Ashley snapped. "Now, either you tell me why you did it... Or... " Ashley bit her lip. She didn't really have much to work with. Well, except for the small piece of information Blaise had bestowed her with. Gaining the upper hand, Ashley mirrored his smirk. "I'll tell everyone your secret."

"What?" He laughed. "What secret?"

"That's not important."

"Because, you don't have one."

"Yes, I do."

"No." He shook his head. Ashley was about to respond when he forcefully grabbed the back of her neck, crashing his lips down on hers. He couldn't take her being that close to him, looking as she did, without taking control of the situation. It was too tempting; Even he'd admit. Moving his hand to her cheek, he pulled away, furrowing his eyebrows. "Is this what you wanted to talk about?"

Ashley opened her eyes and nodded. Her breathing was a little rough, but she didn't mind. She didn't really dislike the feel of his mouth on hers.

"Listen," He began, gripping her shoulders. "This stays between us, Quille. No one can find out. Understand?"

"Yes." She whispered.

"If anyone found out about us... Do you know what people would do? We can't let this get out. It stays here." He kissed her mouth again, savoring the sweet taste of her lips. "Agreed?"

Ashley nodded, forcing his mouth back to hers. She didn't really care about the consequences; It didn't matter. She was more focused on what he had said.

"If anyone found out about us... "

He had called them an 'us'. Did he just call them together? But, that wasn't the most important question. The more important issue was about her actually kissing Malfoy. And, why was she finding herself enjoying it?
♠ ♠ ♠
The character Lyla was portrayed by Clara; for helping me in the last chapter. And a huge thanks to jade.violate. for giving me some material to work with for this one. This chapter is credited to you. Thanks, hon! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It was a little difficult to write. More action coming your way soon!

Thank you for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.

P.S. - I just noticed that I have 197 subscribers for this. Nearly 200? That's amazing! Now, if I could just get everyone to comment at least once... That'd be 197 comments for one update. But, you don't have to. I still have that loyal bunch who do comment every chapter -- You know who you are. Thanks, guys! Really.