Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Make Damn Sure

Ashley tapped her foot impatiently on the floorboards of the Gryffindor Common Room and chewed on her nails, waiting for Mia to finish taming her head of raven-colored curls so they could go to the Great Hall and recieve their times-tables. She's kept Ashley waiting for a few seconds... or minutes.

"Hey, Ashley."

Ashley looked up to see the Golden Trio walking towards her. Harry, wearing an exceptionally big smile, trotted up beside her and leaned against the wall, kicking his foot in the air. Ashley smiled and shook her head.
Ashley and Harry have always had a pretty good relationship. They've never dated per se but they've been close to doing so a couple times. Recently, they've decided that the best thing for them is to just be friends. Which is a good thing since Ashley and Harry now have a brother/sister relationship.

Besides, Ashley knows the perfect girl for Harry, too. Ginny Weasley.

"Good morning, Hermione." smiled Ashley, graciously taking some of the books Hermione was struggling with. That girl and her books...

"Thank you." breathed Hermione, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "How's your morning so far, Ashley?"

"Pretty good, thanks."

Harry laughed. "Waiting for Mia again?"

Ashley nodded, rolling her eyes. "She does this every morning."

"I don't get it." said Ron. "Girls look good without all that rubbish. All they should have to do is get up and get dressed. That's it. I mean, that's all us boys do, anyway."

"Because you're such an improvement from the washed up miscreants that go to this school, Ron." shouted Mia, decending off the last step.

Ron scowled, mussing his hair a bit. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." Mia turned to Ashley, gesturing to the door. "Ready to go?"

"I've been ready."

Mia laughed, pushing her through the portal. "Good, 'cause I'm starving."
____________

When they got to the Great Hall they noticed that it was already mostly full with students. Some had their times-tables out and were sharing them with other students while the other half were stuffing their faces, preparing for the first day of lessons.

"Where's McGonnagal?" mumbled Harry.

Ashley shrugged and made her way towards the Gryffindor table, passing the Ravenclaw table, and stopped, something catching her eye.

For some reason, Sharron Bottsley was crying.

Ashley and Sharron aren't best friends but they weren't enemies either. So, naturally, being Ashley, she was instantly curious to find out why. It couldn't be beacuse she didn't like her teachers. If that were the case, she would've had the same episode last year. It couldn't be because she got in a fight with someone... it was the first real day of school. So that only left one catagory - Boys.

But, still... it's the first day... and Sharron doesn't have a boyfriend.

Mia followed Ashley and sighed. Not completely disappointed, though. Any chance for some gossip and Mia was there, paper and quill ready.

"Sharron?" asked Ashley, sliding onto the bench beside her. "What's wrong?"

Sharron looked up. Her eyes were red and puffy and her nose was running a bit. Her face was pale and her make-up had run off. Yep. Something was definetly wrong.

"Oh, Ashley!" sobbed Sharron, burrying her face in her hands. "It's... so... horrible... I.... don't understand... why...."

Mia rubbed her back soothingly. "What's wrong, Sharron?"

"Mal... foy..."

"Malfoy?" asked Ashley, looking over to the Slytherin table. "What about him?"

Sharron wiped her nose, choking on her sobs. "He... left me..."

Ashley blinked, shocked. "I didn't know you two were a couple."

"We're... not..." moaned Sharron. "But... this morning... he left..."

Mia furrowed her brows, frustrated. "Breathe, Sharron. Now, tell me what's wrong. Starting from the beginning."

"Alright," Sharron inhaled and sniffled. "Last night, after the feast, Pansy Parkinson asked me if I wanted to go see something in her dorm room. I said yes, she tricked me, and left me all alone in the Slytherin Common Room.
"Before I could get to the portal, someone said something and I saw Malfoy watching me. He... he told me how pretty he thought I was and... that he's always had a small crush on me... I didn't know he was lying. He can be so persuasive. Well, I went along with it and, well... we, you know... and when I woke up... he wasn't there. He used me."

"Oh, honey," cooed Mia, patting her shoulder. "You should've known. This isn't the first time Malfoy's done that to someone."

"I know... but... he told me it was different and--"

"That you were special?" questioned Ashley.

"--yeah."

Ashley nodded, smiling slightly. "Just ignore him. You'll find someone great and forget all about Malfoy, Sharron, trust me. He's easily forgetable."

"Really?"

"Yeah." beamed Mia. "See? I totally forgot about him a second ago. I didn't even realize we were still talking about him."

"Okay." murmured Sharron. "I'll try."

"Atta girl."

Ashley glanced back over to the Slytherin table, searching for a certain platnium ferret, and met the mocking baby blue orbs she was searching for.
He smirked at Sharron, winked, and got up, heading towards the doors. The other boys, consisting of Blaise, Goyle, Crabbe, Marcus, and Theodore, were left cackling at the table.

"Excuse me for a second." mumbled Ashley, taking off for the doors.

Malfoy was just about to exit when Ashley's hand caught the collar of his robe, jerking him back to face her.

"What the bloody hell do you want, Quille?"

"Why did you do that?" Ashley shoved his shoulder, making him stumble a bit. "Why would you do that to Sharron, Malfoy?"

He smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. "Do what?"

"You know what you arrogant little--"

"Watch it, Quille, or I might have to teach you a lesson."

He stepped closer, smirking, and backed her into a corner, gripping the end of his wand.

"Please reframe from touching me." said Ashley, scrunching her nose in disgust. "You know what? Even though I think you're a jerk... I wouldn't let you wake up alone."

"What?" laughed Malfoy, amused.

"Just do every girl a favor and stay away from them." Ashley turned, glancing over her shoulder at the still-laughing Malfoy. "Bastard."

Mia bounced on the balls of her feet, watching Ashley anxiously. "Prank?"

Ashley bit her lip and smiled. "Prank."

"Good." clapped Mia. "'Cause I've been wanting to see what his hair would look like pink."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the positive feedback for the last couple of chapters. Props go out to: StubbornChloeSmiles, georgie95, akhockey2210, and NatureWitch.

Remember - comments equal updates. Thanks for reading!

-Meg