Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Problems

Ashley bit her lip as she paused outside the huge double-doors, debating with herself; Wondering if she should go in. She wasn't sure if Mia would want to see her or not after everything that's happened. But, she was itching to tell someone about her and Malfoy.

Or Draco.

No... Malfoy. And, even that was aggravating. She wasn't sure what she was suppose to call him to his face or to her friends. What was she to him anyway? What was he to her? So many questions clouded her mind as she groaned, pushing the huge doors open.

"Ashley?" Mia smiled, sitting up further in the small bed, clutching her midsection lovingly. Her middle was beginning to swell, now, making the fabric of her gown stretch out across her body. "How've you been? It's been too long."

"Yes," Ashley nodded, taking a seat by her bed. "And, so much has happened."

"Ash?" Mia heard the tone in her voice and frowned, scooting over towards the edge of her bed. "Is something wrong?"

"Hm?"

"Something the matter?"

"No," She laughed, reaching over to grip Mia's hand. "But, I'm worried about you. How have you been with the pregnancy?"

"Can't complain." smiled Mia, rubbing her hand over her abdomen. "Haven't gotten any responses from the little bugger, yet, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's only been a couple months."

"And, Blaise?"

"He's been here every day. Helping with my medicines and getting my food."

"So, he's fine with this?"

"I'd say so." She nodded. "He hasn't complained, yet. But, I think he'll be a wonderful father."

"And, your parents? Are they okay with all of this?"

"Well," Mia sighed, running a hand through her dank locks. "Father threatened to take me home, at first. Mother was too worked up to say anything other than tramp, but father calmed her down, some. At least, enough not to strangle me. And, after some convincing from McGonagal, they agreed to let me stay here."

"To finish the year?"

"That," Mia frowned. "Or until I mess up. Again." She laughed, tossing her head back a bit, and gestured to her stomach. "But, I don't know how I can mess up any worse than I already did. Getting pregnant... And, by a Slytherin, no less."

"Yeah," Ashley nodded, mashing her lips together. "A Slytherin."

"I can't believe I broke the vow we took."

"Vow?" Ashley shook her head to steady her mind; It was wandering, again. "What vow?"

"Ash," Mia gaped. "The vow we took in first year. Remember? We were out by the Black Lake, and you had just been introduced to Marcus Flint and Malfoy for this first time. Malfoy almost set your hair on fire. Remember?"

"Oh, yeah. We swore we'd never get involved with them."

"Or any other Slytherin," Mia nodded. "And, I broke it. I'm sorry."

Ashley felt her stomach tighten; Twisting with guilt. Here was Mia, apologizing for being with Blaise, when she was off fraternizing with the sworn enemy. She felt her lower lip quiver and shook her head, biting her tongue. She couldn't say anything. At least, not yet.

"It's alright, Mia."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright -- I'm going to apologize right off the bat for this chapter. It's not really interesting, but, I assure you, is necessary. It's called foreshadowing, people. Think pregnancy. And, no, Ashley doesn't get pregnant. Well, the next one should be out soon and will be longer and have a point. I promise.

Thanks for reading, and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.