Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Sleepless

"What do you want from me, Parkinson?" Ashley nibbled her lower lip, twiddling her fingers. Now, she wouldn't admit this out loud, but Pansy scared her; Tremendously. Pansy Parkinson was a mix between the deadliest spider and the most venomous snake. You never want to get too close.

"It's nothing much. Trust me."

"Somehow, I find that hard to do."

"Now, Quille, that hurt." Pansy mocked, jetting her lower lip out. "I promise. It's nothing you can't handle."

Ashley sighed, nodding. "Fine."

"Perfect." Pansy smirked. "Tomorrow I'll let you know, but for now, you're going to avoid Draco at all costs."

"Why?"

"Think of him as a... A plague. Get too close to him and you die."

"You're going to kill me for that?"

"No, you stupid girl." Pansy sneered. "That's a bit too extreme for my taste. Although, it would come in handy. Hm... "

"Parkinson!"

"Alright, alright. Fine. But, you remember what I said. You get near my Draco and I'll make sure you never see him again."

"There's, uh, one problem with that." Ashley smirked. "We still have one more night of detention to serve."

Pansy laughed, her black bob falling out of place. "No, Quille. You don't."

"What?"

"I had a small talk with Snape about Draco's studies."

"His studies?"

"You'd be amazed at how busy he's gotten with his school work."

"This is ridiculous. I don't even know why I'm listening to you." Ashley was just about to step around Pansy when she felt something sharp dig into her skin on her arm. Yelping, she jumped back, clutching her arm. "What the hell is your problem"

"I mean it, Quille. If you don't do what I say, your little friend Mia might get into a horrible accident."

"That's blackmail, Pansy."

"So? No one's going to find out about it. Besides, you don't have any proof."

"But--"

"Do it." Pansy snapped. "Or else. I mean it, Quille."

Ashley watched as she walked away, glancing over her shoulder every few seconds to glare at her. She was trapped, again. If she did what Pansy said, no one would get hurt. But, if she didn't, Mia would suffer and who knows what else.
Was a boy really worth it? Especially a boy who, up until now, hated her and tried to make her life miserable. But, if Pansy was right then he wouldn't care if she called off their meetings.

"Damn it," Ashley mumbled, seeing the blond tuff of hair rounding he corner; The smirk placed perfectly into position.

Malfoy wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning into her lips. He nodded towards a nearby broom closet and smirked. "I thought we could catch up. No one's going to be here for a while, so we won't get interrupted."

Ashley could feel her legs begging to move, but she wouldn't budge. "N-No."

"What?" Malfoy asked, confusion etched onto his face. "Why not?"

"I have something I need to take care of." The lie fell so easily off of her tongue. "I can't tonight."

"Oh," Malfoy nodded. "Then, tomorrow?"

"I don't think so."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Well, what about the next day?"

"No."

"Goddammit, Quille." Malfoy groaned. "What the hell is wrong?"

"Nothing. I just can't do this, alright?"

"Can't do this? Can't do what?" Malfoy could nearly feel his face fall when he realized what she had meant. "This? You can't do this anymore?"

"Yes."

"When did we decide this, Quille?"

"I'm sorry--"

"Do I get to see you at all?"

"No," Ashley whispered. "I'm sorry."

Malfoy curled his fingers. He could hear his knuckles cracking from the pressure. He really wanted to hit something right now. "Well, that's just great."

"Malfoy, I'm sor--"

"Don't." Malfoy sneered. "Don't' say you're sorry, because you're not."

"I am, though."

"Just stop." Malfoy snapped, turning around. He shook his head, grinding his teeth together as he rounded the corner.

Slowly, Ashley did the same and retreated to her room. Tonight would be the first sleepless night for both of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! I hope this is long enough for you faithful readers. I tried to make it long enough because I love you, but if it isn't then I'm sorry. I am five comments away from 300! Five people need to comment and get me there. It would make my day.

Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg