Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Too Long

For the next couple of weeks, Ashley or Draco hadn’t gotten any sleep. When they passed each other in the hall they didn’t look at each other. When they were within two feet of the other they didn’t turn around to see. When they were in the same room, they didn’t even think about the other for fear of someone finding out.
The past two weeks had been torture for them and it showed, both physically and mentally. Ashley wore dark bags under her eyes with disheveled hair and Draco looked like hell; Completely ignoring his appearance, now. Pansy knew why her precious Draco is the way he is, now. It’s all her fault and Draco couldn’t even tell her because he’s turned mute; Refusing to talk to anyone for anything.

“Malfoy, mate.” Blaise called, clutching a wrapped box for Mia in his hands. “Are you coming to lunch?” Blaise frowned, watching as Draco shook his head, miserably. “Come on, mate. You’ve got to eat sometime. You can’t go on like this anymore, I won’t let you.”

Draco looked up groggily and waved him off, frowning, again.

“Malfoy, I’m serious.” Blaise snapped. “If you don’t pull yourself together right now, then… Then I’ll tell Snape and you’ll really have some explaining to do.”

Draco’s eyes popped open and he flinched from moving too fast. “You wouldn’t.”

Blaise smirked victoriously and nodded. “I would. I’m going by that way, anyhow. Why wouldn’t I?”

”Zabini, I swear.”

“And?”

“Well,” Malfoy shrugged. “What’s the worse Snape can do, anyway?”

“Malfoy, damn it.” Blaise groaned. “If you don’t stop moping around, I’ll owl your parents! I swear I will!”

Draco’s mouth hung open as he slowly picked himself up. He glared nastily at the boy, watching as he took an uneasy step backward. “You wouldn’t.”

“If I h-have to, M-Malfoy. I s-swear I would.”

“You don’t have the nerve.”

“Oh?” Blaise mocked, pulling out his wand. “One flick with this and your father will be here in one second.”

“Zabini. Don’t.”

“Then, tell me what’s wrong.”

“I can’t.” Malfoy groaned. “Why can’t you get that through your thick head?”

“Just tell me, Malfoy.”

“It’s nothing.”

“Nothing?” Blaise laughed, pushing roughly on Malfoy’s shoulder. “You’re a complete nutcase.”

”Am not.”

“You are.” Blaise argued. “You have to tell someone about it, eventually. Why not now?”

“Just… You wouldn’t understand.”

“No? Try me.”

Malfoy sighed, gripping his knees. “If I tell you… You can’t tell anyone, Zabini.” Blaise nodded, moving closer to him. Malfoy rolled his eyes. “Swear it.”

“Alright, alright. I swear.”

“Alright,” Malfoy breathed. He could already feel his chest heave with anticipation of hearing her name roll off of his tongue. It had been too long since he said it out loud. Two horrendous weeks of being deprived of her. He dug his fingernails into his skin as he opened his mouth, “Ashley Quille.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for getting me over 300! You're the best readers ever -- Honest. Sorry if it appears as if my updates take forever. College will do that to you. I plan on writing a lot this weekend so, hopefully, I can get some out sooner.

Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.