Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Time Well Spent

"Quille?" Blaise stumbled back against the sofa, his eyes wide. He shook his head quickly before a devilish grin spread out on his lips. "Ashley Quille, eh?" He chuckled. "I knew something was up with you two. Did I call it or what? I swear--"

“Zabini, focus.” Malfoy snapped. “This isn’t exactly easy for me to talk about.”

“Oh,” Blaise nodded, calming down a bit. “I’m sorry, Malfoy. I didn’t mean to.”

“Ashley Quille,” Malfoy began, rubbing his arms absentmindedly; As if a draft entered the room. “What’s there to say, really? We met up a couple of times. No big deal.”

“Don’t make me threaten you again, Malfoy.”

“Well, what do you want me to say? It’s difficult.”

“Everything. I want to know everything. Mainly, how Quille could mess you up so good.”

“Well,” Malfoy sighed. “I always knew who she was. Seeing her in class or in the Great Hall, but I never really knew her. Then, when we both got detention, she showed me a different side. She’s more than a Weasley wannabe, she’s…. Ugh! I don’t know how to put this!”

“Relax,” Blaise instructed. “Just tell me.”

“It’s difficult, Zabini. I-I don’t know if I can.”

“Well,” Blaise mused, trying his best to be nonchalant. “Do you love her?”

Malfoy choked on his air supply, gripping his knees tightly. His eyes darted around the room in an excuse to find a distraction. Did he love her? He had never really gotten close enough to a girl to get to that level of intimacy. Hell, he’d never gotten close to a girl, period. “Love?” He mumbled. His eyebrows rose and fell in an attempt to gather courage. “Love? Do I love Ashley Quille?”

“Yes.” Blaise nodded. “Now, answer the question.”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, do you anticipate seeing her?”

“Sometimes.”

“Do you feel funny when you look at her?”

“Like, I’m going to be sick.”

“Does she make you happy, Malfoy?”

“Happy?” Malfoy mumbled. He thought back to his time spent with Ashley and contemplated his emotions. Not once these past few weeks had he been in a foul mood. Not once, because of Ashley. “Yes.” He whispered.

“Tell her.”

“What?”

Blaise rolled his eyes and huffed. “You’ve got to tell her, Malfoy.”

“No. I can’t tell her. No one can find out, Zabini.”

“Why not?”

“Because,” Malfoy argued. “My reputation.”

“Fuck your reputation.”

”What?”

“You’ve got a chance to be happy, here, Malfoy.” Blaise pleaded. “Don’t you want to be happy?”

Malfoy glanced down at his lap. He couldn’t help but to remember how great he felt when he knew he was about to see Ashley. He was happy, then. And, he knew that if he told her how he felt, then he could always be happy. It was then that he decided – He was tired of feeling horrible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I got out of class early today because I caught that flu that's been going around. It sucks. I hate being sick... It makes my mouth taste awful.

Well, thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment for me! Thank you.

xoxo - Meg.