Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Please

Hermione fumbled over her tongue for nearly three minutes while she racked her brain for something to say. The shock was just too much for her; She wasn’t exactly sure how to handle it. “Um,” she mumbled, fiddling with her svelte fingers. She cleared her throat loudly and shook her head once more before entering her mute phase, again.

Ashley clenched her teeth together as she waited for the dreadful silence to be broken. The calming aura in the room was gone and had been replaced by a deadening, horrid feeling. “Please,” Ashley begged, mashing her hands together tightly. “Please, say something, Hermione.”

“I… I’m not sure what to say,”

“Anything.”

“Ash,” Hermione sympathized, linking her arm with Ashley’s. “Nothing I can say will help you with this. There’s nothing I can do, Ashley.”

“Just tell me that it’s alright, even if it’s not. Just… Please, tell me it’ll be okay.”

Hermione nodded, bringing her hand up to run her fingers through her hair. She pulled Ashley in close to her and allowed for her to cry on her shoulder. She understood how Ashley must feel, but she couldn’t fathom it. The thought of someone actually caring about that platinum ferret made her skin crawl, but she wouldn’t dampen the mood with her thoughts. She couldn’t. “Everything’s going to be okay, Ashley.” Hermione whispered. “It’ll work out.”

“You mustn’t tell a soul about this, Hermione.” Ashley murmured. “Promise me.”

“I promise.”

* * *

Blaise flopped himself onto the plush green sofa and groaned, turning onto his side and allowing his face to be smothered from fabric. He had just returned from seeing Mia and was exhausted from running around the Hospital Wing, making sure that all her needs were met. He didn’t have to, but he felt as if he needed to. But, just as his eyelids were beginning to fall down, something sounded near the portal way, disturbing him from his well-deserved sleep.

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing, Pansy? You know how Draco is about this sort of thing. Once he finds out, you’ll never hear the end of it.”

“I don’t need to worry about that, Millicent.”

“And, why not?”

Blaise arched an eyebrow as he hid his face further into the fabric, keeping him from view. He knew who was talking, but why would Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bullstrode need to keep something from Malfoy? What were they trying to hide?

“Because, he’s not going to find out, Millie.” Pansy giggled, filling the air with her offbeat voice. “This plan isn’t going to fail.”

“Of course, of course.” Millicent crooned. “But, how do you know that Quille will keep away?”

“If she values her life, she will.”

“Oh, Pansy.” Millicent cooed, chasing after Pansy. “This plan is absolutely brilliant! You’re so perfect, there’s no way that Draco wouldn’t want you.”

The retreating sound of footsteps allowed for Blaise to loose his cover and reveal himself to the empty room. His jaw was set in a hard line and his nostrils flared; He was beyond pissed. After all he went through to get Malfoy to admit his feelings and this is what he gets? He had attempted a world miracle and, in one swift flick of the tongue, would watch all his hard work fail with one person – Pansy Parkinson.

He wouldn’t let her ruin this for him.

* * *

Malfoy searched all of the empty halls, hunting. He needed to find her before it got too late and fast. After all these lonely years, he had finally found someone he’s compatible with and he didn’t plan on letting her out of his grasp anytime soon.

Rounding a corner, he caught sight of a very familiar brunette turning the corner. He quickened his pace and called out to her. “Quille! Wait!”

Ashley heard his voice and continued walking, pretending as if she didn’t care. She clenched her jaw to keep herself from yelling for him; She knew she couldn’t be trusted. She shook her head and took off down the hallway.

Malfoy knew what she was trying to do, but he wasn’t going to let her escape him. Besides, he was much faster, anyway. He caught up with her at the end of the hall and latched onto her arm, securing her to the spot. He laughed, slightly out of breath, and pushed some hair out of his eyes. “Are you running from me?” He smirked, meaning it as a joke, but when Ashley didn’t respond he became confused. “Something wrong?”

“No,” She frowned, angling herself away from him. “I just need to get going.”

“Where?”

“Back to the Common Room.”

“Why?”

Ashley groaned, pushing his shoulder. “I just need to, alright?” She sighed and composed herself; She was one second away from closing the gap. “I have to leave. Excuse me.”

“No.” Malfoy stood his ground, preparing himself mentally for what he was about to say. “I came all this way to find you, and I’m not leaving until I said what I came to say.”

“Then, say it and move aside.”

“Quille… Ashley?” Malfoy heaved a sigh. His heart was beating a mile a minute and it felt as if it may burst from his chest. He wasn’t used to this feeling. “I… Well, I just wanted to say that… “

“Please,” Ashley begged, letting the tears fall. “Don’t say it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for being so patient! Love you!

Thanks for reading and,please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.