Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Hormones

Hermione pushed a stray frizz behind her ear before folding her arms, laying them on the table to lean on. She looked at Ashley quizzically. "Ash? Are you okay?"

"Hmm?" Ashley grinned lazily, snapping out of her day-dream; Consisting mostly of a boy named Draco Malfoy. "What?"

"You're acting strange today. You haven't been yourself all morning."

Ashley laughed, shrugging it off. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

"No. No, I'm quite sure you're hiding something."

"Hiding? Hiding what?"

Hermione studied her for a moment, a sly smirk slipping onto her mouth. She nodded her head slowly. "Oh, I see."

"What?" Ashley laughed nervously while waving her hands around mechanically. "Take that damn smirk off of your face, Hermione. You're beginning to resemble... Um."

"Oh?" Hermione's smirk grew wider. "Resemble who?"

"Nobody. Forget it."

"Who could I possibly put you in mind of? Certainly, nobody in our house smirks like this. And, I don't believe anyone in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw do, either. Who could I possibly remind you of?"

"No one. Forget I said it." Ashley stammered, trying to fight off a fit of giggles.

"Let's see," Hermione stumbled over her tongue as she tried to battle her own laughter. She bopped the top of her head with her fingertip. "Could it be... Malfoy?"

"No," Ashley laughed. "Absolutely not."

"You saw him last night, didn't you? That's why you weren't in your room."

Ashley glanced around the Hall diligently before nodding curtly, a slow grin spreading out on her bright lips. "He's actually very sensitive once you get to know him."

"Sensitive?"

"Okay, maybe not sensitive, but borderline human. I mean, he acts like he at least has a soul."

Hermione laughed. "You talk about him like he was this horrible monster and--"

"And?"

"--Oh, you have a point, I guess. But, at least you've given him something to care about."

Ashley furrowed her eyebrows. "I have?"

Hermione smiled sweetly, placing a hand on her best friend's hand. "Have you forgotten? Your little confession? He cares about you, too. I may not like him but I can see that he does care for you."

"Really?" Ashley asked, a bubbly vibe in her voice.

"Yes," Hermione pointed at the clock. "But, if you still plan on seeing Mia, then you might want to hurry. Visiting hours are almost over."

____________________

Mia patted her hands against her ever-growing midsection and smiled. Blaise had given her a gift, in her eyes, and she was thankful. She was also glad that he had decided to stick it to her parents alongside her and proclaim their adoration for the unborn child.

Mia sat up a bit when she heard the doors open, quite loudly, and couldn't contain the excitement when she saw the face of her long-lost friend come bounding up beside her. "Ashley--"

"I've missed you so much, Mia."

... But, the excitement soon turned to anger. "Where the hell have you been? I've been sitting in this boring room for weeks without so much as a visit from you? Honestly?"

"I am so sorry. I had so many things to do, and--"

"Excuses," Mia grunted. She pointed at her and narrowed her eyes, watching her sternly. "And, don't you dare say I'm only getting worked up because of my hormones. I hear that enough from Blaise, I don't need to hear it from you, too, Missy."

Ashley stifled a laugh. "Alright, mother."

Mia froze; Horror etched into her face. "Bloody hell... I've become my mum, haven't I?"

"No," Ashley smiled, removing a piece of hair from Mia's sweat-covered forehead. "But, the 'Missy' part did worry me for a moment."

Mia laughed and scooted over in her bed, holding her stomach as she made room for Ashley. "So? What's new in your life? I'm in desperate need of good gossip. Blaise isn't exactly an ideal conversationalist."

"Have you and Blaise worked it out, then?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "We had our rough patch but we smoothed it out. I do love him, Ash. He's one of the sweetest men I know. Well, besides Neville." Mia laughed, jabbing Ashley in the side with her elbow. "But, what about you? I want to know all of the juicy tid-bits going on in your life."

"Where to begin?" Ashley scoffed. "Hermione admitted her feelings for Ron, but they still aren't together. Trust me. I'm working on it. Harry's been moping around a bit; I don't know why. Got a couple threats from a Slytherin--"

"Heh. What else is new?"

"--and, I started seeing this... guy."

"A guy?"

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call it dating but there's obviously something there."

"Oh," Mia squealed, clapping her hands. "Tell. Tell."

"He's just so unlike anyone I've ever met, Mia. I swear, he's one of the most interesting guys I've come across. We've known each other for years, now, but we weren't ever completely sure about our feelings, so, we're going for it, now. It just feels right when I'm around him. I used to despise him but... I don't know. Something changed."

"Known him for years?"

"Mhm."

"So, I know this mystery man?" Mia grinned.

"I-I would assume, so. Yes."

"And, would I have talked to this guy before?"

"In passing, sure."

"Hm. Who could it be? Tell me, Ash."

Ashley formed her hands into fists, clutching onto the sheet tightly. She swallowed the lump in her throat and decided it was about time to let the cat out of the bag. "Well... You see... It's, um, Malfoy."

Silence.

"Mia?" Ashley chanced a glance at her silent friend. She immediately regretted it.

Mia's eyes were wild and dangerous; She looked as if she were ready to kill. "You're dating him?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I just read a little something about Tim Burton and Johnny Depp finishing up another project next year called Dark Shadows and I am super psyched! It looked amazing. Well, thanks for sticking around to read this and, please, don't forget to comment.

xoxo -
Meg.