Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Fallen Leaves

"Well, I guess, you could call it that." Ashley squirmed in her seat, still under the watchful eye of Murderous Mia. "It's nothing concrete. Just a few outtings together... "

"And?" Mia snapped, her mouth a hard line. "What else? What else are you not telling me."

"What do you mean?"

"Are you daft? Please. Please tell me you don't actually love him."

Ashley blushed. "Well... "

Mia's mouth formed an 'o' shape. "Oh. My. Merlin. Are you crazy?" Mia began waving her arms around spastically, completely unable to grasp what her friend just told her. "Ashley, sweetheart, you know him. Well, I might add. Specifically, you know what he does and how he treats girls."

"But, it's different wi--"

"With you?" Mia spewed. "Really? You're going to give me that load of bullocks? How many times have we heard that from other girls time and time before? You don't think he's pulled this act on other girls?"

Ashley started getting defensive. "It's not an act, Mia. He cares for me. Really, he does."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Even Hermione said so."

"And, has he told anyone about the two of you?"

"Well, no... "

"Then, why would he keep you a secret, Ash? Think about it. He's using you."

"No," Ashley shook her head fervently. "He's not. He never did anything with those other girls and you know it. You're just trying to psych me out."

"I'm your best friend, Ashley. I wouldn't go and intentionally crush your feelings for personal gain. You know that." Mia gave Ashley's hand a small squeeze. "All I'm saying is that you might want to take a closer look at Malfoy. What are his true intentions?"

"I-I'm not sure."

"Just because the boy is a bloody virgin doesn't mean that he's inexperienced."

"I know that, Mia. But, that should prove something, right? It means he's not just after me for a quick fool-around."

"Perhaps. Or, maybe, he just wants to add another name to his scroll of played hearts."

Ashley sat silently for a moment, contemplating everything she was just told. She knew Mia was wrong; Malfoy did love her. He did care for her. She shouldn't have to listen to this when she, herself, is a hypocrite. Ashley snorted.

"Something funny?" Mia cocked an eyebrow, a bemused expression crossing her face.

Ashley looked at her, square-on in the face, and grinned; Wide. "You."

"Me?"

"Yes, you." Ashley pointed a finger. "You have the audacity to sit there and give me grief for having feelings for a Slytherin when you, yourself, went and got impregnated by one!"

"That's not the same thing. Blaise is kind and--"

"He's Malfoy's little croonie. His First In Command. Face it, he's just as bad as Malfoy."

"No--"

"He's the next worse thing, Mia. Admit it."

Mia fought a smile. "Did you just say that I 'went and got impregnated by one'?"

Ashley's mouth puckered for a moment, in thought. She laughed, leaning into the pillow. "We're horrible... We're attracted to Slytherins."

"Ahh," Mia sighed, dramatically. "Whatever went wrong in our lives to bring this upon us?"

They made eye contact for three seconds before bursting out into laughter.

Unbeknownst to them, however, someone was making their return to the castle...

With a wretched plan.

In a crooked little town
They were lost and never found
Fallen leaves, fallen leaves, fallen leaves
On the ground
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! And, please, don't forget to comment. They make me happy. =]

xoxo --
Meg.

Song:: Billy Talent "Fallen Leaves"