Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

And, Everything You Love

[[Since Mibba decided to be a pain in the arse and crash, I had lost the previous chapter that I put up, which was chapter 49, so instead of re-writing it again, I'm going to recap it for those of you who did not get to read it. -- As Draco was speaking with Pansy, Hermione and Ashley were sitting in the Common Room, discussing Ashley's little tryst with Malfoy the night before. As they were talking, a few students left the Common Room and Hermione had spotted the 'gift' that Pansy had left for Ashley and gave it to her, thinking it was from Malfoy because of the note. Ashley tried the ring on and succumbed to the curse on it, putting her in a frozen state with her health failing. Hermione stayed with her, screaming for help. -- And, that's what you missed if you did not get to read it while it was still up.]]

___________________________________________________________________________

Seamus came back into the Common Room, Professor McGonagall in tow. Her eyes were wild with frenzy and panic as she kneeled down beside the two girls. She turned to Hermione, her tone erratic. "What happened here?"

"I don't know," Hermione stumbled. "Someone had left a box for Ashley outside the door and it seems to be cursed."

"What is it?" McGonagall eyed Ashely's apparel warily.

"The ring, there."

She turned to Seamus, "Go find Madame Pomfrey immediately. She needs to have that taken off, now." She stood up, rushing for the door. "I need to find Professor Snape."

A crowd of curious onlookers had formed outside of their Common Room when they heard Hermione's scream, hoping to catch a glance at whatever was causing the panic. Some of them already knew, of course, but wanted to see for themselves. News traveled fast in this school.

Harry and Ron pushed their way through the sea of people, reaching their friends with frightened expressions. Harry dropped to his knees, reaching his hand out to touch Ashley but reeling it back into his chest when he realized what was going on. "Who did this, Hermione?"

"I'm not sure. It was just waiting outside the doors when we got here." She sniffled, wiping her nose on her sleeve. "There was a note, too."

"A note? Then, why didn't you tell McGonagall about it?"

"Because--"

"It's important, Hermione! I thought you of all people would know that."

"Because," She started again, louder. "Because, I think someone is trying to make everyone believe somebody else did this."

"Well, what did the note say?" Hermione handed him the note. He read it over carefully. "D? D as in Draco? Draco Malfoy?"

"You see? I knew you would just jump to conclusions."

"What other conclusion is there, Hermione? He signed the damn thing himself!"

"It wasn't him," Hermione snatched the note back, stuffing it into her coat pocket. "It couldn't be him."

"Why couldn't it be? He's a damn bastard with no feelings for anyone but himself and he--"

"Loves Ashley."

"--What?" Harry laughed, cruelly. "Don't be daft, Hermione."

"I'm serious. You don't know what's gone on the past few weeks, Harry. Things have changed. Not everybody has to hate him because you do."

"And, what? Now, because he claims to love her, you're going to trust him? Just like that?"

"I don't know," Hermione stood up, dusting her pants off. "I'll decide after I speak to him."

"You're crazy, Hermione. He's not going to admit to anything, you know."

"I don't expect him to."

______________________________________

Malfoy stood at the back of the crowd, craning his neck to see what was going on, and praying to Merlin that it wasn't what he thought it was. He leaned in towards the boy standing beside him, "Do you know anything about what's going on here?" He asked, trying to conceal the break in his voice.

"No," The boy shook his head. "All I know is that some girl is being sent to the Medical Wing."

"You should find your so-called lover, Draco. She could use your help right about now."

"Ashley," He murmured. He could spot of tuff of frizzy hair pushing it's way through the crowd and recognized it almost immediately. He forced his way past the horde of students and met her halfway. "Granger, what happened? Is it Ashley?"

Hermione's muscles tensed, her face gravely serious. "Yes, she needs immediate attention. They're taking her to the Medical Wing."

"What happened? Is she alright?"

"She was cursed." Hermione pulled him along by his sleeve until they were out of earshot. "Someone, pretending to be you, gave her a box with a ring inside it. Whoever gave it to her obviously knew about you two because that's what got her to put it on."

"What did?"

"The note they sent along with the box. It was written in your hand and was signed with a 'D'. Who else was she supposed to think it was from?"

"Is it bad?" Malfoy swallowed hard, ignoring the loud banging in his ears. "Is she going to die."

Hermione froze. How was she supposed to answer that question? She had little information and what she did know wasn't useful. All she knew was that Ashley was cursed and that if she didn't get help soon, things wouldn't be looking too well. But, how could she tell that to Malfoy when she could hardly accept it herself? "No. She'll be just fine."

"Don't give me empty promises, Granger. I'm grown, I can handle the truth." His eyes were hard and dark as they pierced Hermione's murky brown ones. "Tell me the truth."

Hermione sighed, wrapping her arms around herself. "It doesn't look good, right now, Malfoy."

"I'll kill whoever did this to her."

And, he had a feeling he already knew. He just wished he knew where she went.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate that Mibba crashed and took away my previous update. I hope my recap will suffice. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this update and leave me a nice little comment. I'll love you forever! <3

xoxo - Meg.