Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked

Potions was like a battlefield. One group of warriors on one side and the other on the opposite side, the air thick with mallice; someone just begging someone else to say something so the battle could begin. No one dared to let their eyes cross the imaginary line in the middle of the room, separating the two, for fear that they might get caught. And then, surely all hell would break loose.

"This is ridiculous," murmured Ashley, leaning her head on the desk. "We've done stuff like this to each other for ages now. And it's never ended up in a battle. Why now?"

Hermione frowned, her lips a tight line. "Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Your's and Mia's behavior was bound to set someone off. And I can't exactly say that I wasn't surprised when Malfoy got the whole Slytherin population to enter it. The Malfoy family is very well connected, Ash."

Ashley gritted her teeth. Sharron Bottsley's words rang in her ears...

"...He can be very pursuasive..."

"Okay. So maybe we did deserve this. But it didn't have to end up like this. I mean, you, Ron, Harry... you guys shouldn't be putting your neck on the line for us; none of the Gryffindor's should. Mia and I are tough, we can handle ourselves."

"Alright," whispered Hermione, smiling crookedly. "Maybe we all should back off. Let you and Mia handle a pack of ravenous Slytherin's on your own. And watch you two get pummled to death. Sound better?"

"No." mumbled Ashley. "But it sounds better than taking everyone down with us."

Hermione rolled her eyes, the playful smile still on her lips. She pulled out her quill and began copying the blackboard down before Snape came in, shouting about something useless. Ashley soon copied her actions.

At The Back Of The Room...

Draco Malfoy sat, nostrils flared and eyes narrowed, watching every move Ashley Quille made, his pale-pink hair falling in his eyes. Every now and then, an actual growl would escape his lips, disrupting the nervous blond next to him.

"Mate, it's not going to go away if you keep staring at it."

"Shut up, Blaise." Draco hardened his glare; if that were possible. "I'm hoping she'll just blow up one day from being too stupid--"

"Mate--"

"--and repulsive--"

"Malfoy--"

"--and horribly tacky--"

"Malfoy," Blaise nudged Draco's elbow, causing him to loose balance and nearly smack his head off of the desk. "Just relax, will ya?"

"Do I look like I can relax? She is single-handedly ruining my life, Zabini. I won't be able to relax until she's out of my life... forever."

Blaise grinned. "Just wait till the end of this school year. We'll be graduated and then you'll never have to lay eyes on her ever again. You won't even have to hear her name. It'll be so easy--"

"Zabini." Draco snapped, rolling his eyes. "I get it."

Blaise's mouth formed an 'O' shape as he slunk back into his chair. His eyes kept wandering over to the curly raven-haired beauty sat behind Ashley. He studied her posture, the way her back would rise and fall when she breathed, and the cute little way she twisted a curl around her index finger. If only he could find some way to talk to her.

The whole room was silenced by the sound of the doors being thrown open and loud footsteps--more like footstomps--entering the room.

"Turn to page sixty-nine."

The whole class did what he said, their movements no louder than whispers.

"Today, you will be studying Wolfsbane. Read on to page eighty-three and, after reading, write two rolls of parchment on all of the uses for it; both medicinal and magical." Snape looked over the room, chin up. "I have some very important paperwork to do at my desk, so, I will not be able to supervise. I expect you all to have it completed by tomorrow."

Snape turned his back, heading for his desk, when Draco got a brilliant idea. A chance to win the battle. He took his wand out and aimed it at Ashley, mumbling an incantation.

Ashley quickly rose her hand, clearing her throat.

Snape sighed. "What is it, Miss Quille?"

Ashley opened her mouth, confused, and unable to stop what came out. "You're a jackass."

Snape's eye widened, his eyes glazing over, and stomped over to Ashley's desk, pounding on it. "What did you just call me?"

"Fuck ass."

Snape's jaw dropped and Mia could be heard giggling behind her, mumbling something like, 'What's a fuck ass?' The whole Slytherin side was trying desperately to keep from laughing.

"Bitch."

Snape bit his lip, nearly drooling. "Detention. For a month. Starting tonight."

Ashley shook her head, covering her mouth, afraid of what might come out next. Draco smirked to himself, high-fiving a couple people near him.

Harry jumped up, pointing at Malfoy. "It's not her fault. Malfoy did it."

"Potter, how could Draco be responsible for what comes out of Miss Quille's mouth?"

"I saw him do it. It was a spell."

Snape's eyes narrowed. His one true weakness - a witness to the crime. He had no choice but to administer the same punishment onto Draco.

"Quille. Malfoy. Detention. Tonight." Snape pointed at the board. "Now get to work."

The whole room quickly got to work, jotting down notes out of their textbooks. The Slytherin's were still fighting the giggles while Ashley was too afraid to talk to anyone.

One could only wonder what the two would do in a locked room, for two hours, together.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring, I know. But I had to get it out. Just wait until the Detention scene. I promise it'll be interesting. :D

Thanks for reading! Comments are loved much.

-Meg