Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Drop My Name; I'll Never Forget

I sat cross-legged in a field of weeds. A small, beaten down fence encircled it. I ran my fingers over the tall blades of grass, feeling their velvety touch graze over my fingertips. The fence was surrounded by trees, a thick forest in every direction, with the exception of a small clearing directly ahead of me.

I could hear water falling but I couldn't see where the source of the noise was. Perhaps, hidden behind the clouded view of the woods. I stood on wobbly knees, not quite used to feeling my weight, and began walking towards the gate of the fence. I was determined to get out of here. It felt like years that I've been sitting in that field.

"Have you found anything, yet?"

I stopped and began twirling around on my feet, looking for the body that voice belonged to. I knew that voice. I loved that voice. "Draco?"

"Not yet. I've been searching for hours."

"Hermione?" I began sprinting toward the gate, working my legs as best I could. It seemed that no matter how fast I ran, I stayed in the same place. I looked behind me, noticing that the far end of the fence was, indeed, beginning to become a mere speck to me. I was farther away from it. I turned my head back toward the gate, slowing my pace to a quick stride, and squinted in the sun. "It's just as far," I whispered. "How can that be?"

"Well, search harder!"

"Draco," I cried out, running toward the gate, again. "Draco, I'm here!" There, in the clearing, stood the boy I've yearned for. His back was to me, his head held high and his hands entwined behind him. He was dressed in a simple black suit and shoes. "Draco, I'm here," my voice cracked, becoming hoarse. "Please, look back,"

"I'm the only one who seems to be doing anything!"

"Somebody," I fell to my knees, leaning forward on my elbows. I bunched up my hair in my fists and tugged; I couldn't feel the pain. I was numb. "Anybody," Collapsing flat on the ground, I moved to my side and brought my knees to my chest. "Can anyone hear me?"

"Harry," Hermione's voice flooded my ears, again. "We may have an answer,"

"Harry?" I squeaked. "Hermione?" I sucked in as much air into my lungs as I could muster, and bit back on my tongue before screaming as loud as I could; Hoping someone, anyone, could hear me. "Just give me a sign, please. Anything."

A small shadow emitted overhead, succumbing a small portion of the field to darkness. I looked up toward the figure, straining my eyes to make it out against the sun. It looked black; Black as night. It's wings spread wide as it's shrill shriek filled the empty spaces in the air.

It was an owl. Someone's owl. I could not recognize it. But, there, attached to its left foot, was a scrawny piece of parchment.

I smiled, leaning my head against the soft ground.

Hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is the beginning of the end! I expect to wrap this up in about 10 more chapters. Thoughts? Comments?