Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Promises

Malfoy apparated to his Manor; His chest felt heavy and his head was swimming in uncertainties about what he was about to do. He was going to confront his father. Of course he supported the Dark side, but to allow countless students to die... Friends. Acquaintances. And, not to mention, probably, the only four people he knew who could stop this. They needed to be warned.

He was sure Ashley would be taken care of while he was away. He had given the scroll to Granger and she assured him that she would alert Madame Pomfrey of her condition. The only thing he was worried about was the fact that someone could stumble upon Pansy. How badly that would end for him.

Down the hallway, voices emitted, quiet and hushed. He knew his father was hosting the Dark Lord for the time being. The voices weren't hard to decipher. His Aunt Bellatrix. His mother and father. Rabastan Lestrange. A few more well-up Death Eaters and of course, the Dark Lord, himself.

Taking a deep breath, he sauntered down the hall to confront his father.

___________

Hermoine hovered around Madame Pomfrey, observing her work. It would come in handy to learn this if, Merlin forbid, it happened to someone else. "Is she going to be okay?"

"Yes," Madame Pomfrey sighed, wiping her hand across her forehead. "This spell has been abolished. To even utter the words in completion is against the law."

Hermoine furrowed her brow, "There's a law against this particular spell?"

"Oh, yes, child. Just like all unforgivable curses and spells."

"But, this isn't one of the Unforgivable Curses."

"No, but the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy declared this spell lethal over a century ago." She dabbed a wet cloth over Ashley's face. "Poor dear. It's a shame she had to go through this."

Harry cleared his throat, twiddling his fingers together. "Is she in pain? I-I mean, will she be in pain when she wakes up?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Shooing the three out of the Hospital Wing, she smiled apologetically. "You can come and see her tomorrow. But, for now, I recommend that you three get some rest. You've done all you can for now."

As they stepped out into the hall, they all cast one last glance inside before the door shut. Harry glared at the stone floor, clenching his fists together. "Malfoy better not come back. If he does, I'll... "

"You'll do what, Harry?" Hermione snapped, catching both boys by surprise. "He's the reason why Ashley's recovering. If not for him, then we'd never have caught this. You know that."

"And, how else did he know what was wrong, Hermione? How did he know the spell?"

"His mother--"

"No," Harry rolled his eyes. His face obtained a slight red tinge to it as his anger rose. "He did this. I know he did."

"Oh, come off it, Harry." Ron sighed. "If he did it, do you really think he'd stick around to see if it took?"

"Yes,"

"Wrong," Hermione interrupted. "We all know that if he did do this, then he'd have gone back to his house to be with the Dark Lord. He'd be hiding it out where it's safe for him."

"So, Malfoy's mother just happened to tell him exactly what was wrong with Ashley? She knew it was the Steligio Lithos curse? I'm not buying his facade anymore." Harry shook his head, turning off to go back to the Common Rooms. Before he turned the corner, he looked at Hermione, eyebrows raised. "You said if he did do it, he'd have fled? Well, do you see him around right now?"

Hermione glanced at Ron, a frown on her face. She wanted to believe that Harry was wrong. She needed to, but the facts just didn't add up anymore. Wouldn't Malfoy wanted to have stayed if he knew that Ashley would be getting well? Why did he so suddenly run off to his Manor to talk to his family?

Ron shuffled awkwardly on his feet. "So, do we not trust Malfoy again?"

Hermione shook her head, biting her tongue. For the second time in her life, she didn't know the answer. "I don't know, Ronald. I just don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
And, if she had to die tryin', she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

That damn song has been stuck in my head all week. Damn, Tom Petty. Thanks for reading! Updates will be longer from here on out. I'm debating whether or not to make a sequel. Would you guys want a sequel?

Thanks for reading! Comments = love & happiness.