Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

You're Just Like Me

Ashley's eyes fluttered open as she turned on her side. Making to sit up, she stopped abruptly, a terrible pain shooting up her left side. Clutching her ribs, she fell back down onto the bed; A muffled cry escaping her lips.

"Oh, deary, keep still." Madam Pomfrey fretted at her bedside, gently easing her shoulders down. "You need to be careful. You're not well enough to stand just yet."

Ashley groaned, trying not to move her body. Even the involuntary act of breathing caused her pain. "What happened? W-Where's my parents?"

The older woman frowned, the thin wrinkled lines in her forehead becoming more apparent. Her parents had been notified of her condition but decided not to come in; Adamant that she'd be alright on her own. "All in good time, dear," She cooed. Taking a damp cloth, she rested it on Ashley's neck, dabbing her skin. "All in good time."

Meanwhile, in the Gryffindor Common Room, Hermione and Ron sat on the plush red sofa, talking in hushed voices. Ignoring all of the other students in the room, they focused only on each other.

Hermione nibbled on her fingernail as she angled her body towards Ronald, lowering her head, "Did you send it?"

"Yeah," Ron nodded, pulling on the hem of his sweater, nervously. "I sent it out this morning."

"Then, why hasn't he answered? Wouldn't he like to know she's alright?"

"You know him, Hermione." Ron sighed. "We don't even know if he got the letter himself. For all we know, his father could have gotten it before him. Or, or... Well, you know."

Hermione nodded, "Yes, I know. But, we mustn't lose hope. Malfoy's always seemed like his best interest was protecting Ashley. Whenever they'd be together, after she'd come back to the dorm, she'd be so elated. I just can't fathom why he's not here. Protecting her."

Ron draped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his chest. "I don't know, Herms. All we can do is wait for now. Until Malfoy comes back."

"If he comes back."

______________

Malfoy found himself in his father's Meeting Room; The place where he accommodates the Dark Lord. His father caught his eye before his mother had a chance to even acknowledge the fact that he was there. And, thankfully, the Dark Lord did not see him, either. But, that wasn't to say he didn't know he was already there.

Lucius crossed the room to where his son stood, taking a harsh grip on his arm and pushing him out of the room. Following close behind, he scowled, indignant that his son stood before him. "What do you think you are doing, Draco? Why have you come here?"

Malfoy drowned in his father's shadow as he felt his stomach drop to his knees. He felt as if he were five years old, again, and he's gotten in trouble for rooting around in his father's study. Luckily, he found his voice. "I need to speak to mother."

"She is not available, Draco. You must return to school."

"Just let me--"

"I said no!" Lucius's voice boomed throughout the halls. His eyes were cold and livid. Bringing his hand up, he brought it down swiftly, letting it collide with Malfoy's face. "Now, get out of here. I don't want to see you again, do you understand me?"

"Yes," Malfoy lowered his head, his eyes remained looking toward the floor. "Yes, father."

"Good, now, go."

"But, father, if I could only... "

"What did I say, Draco?" Lucius whipped his wand out, prepared to strike. "Cru--"

"Lucius," a voice hissed, sending an overwhelming feeling of uneasiness over Draco. The tall figure wrapped it's long fingers around Lucius's shoulder, pulling him away from the boy. "Do not harm our young Master Malfoy. I've got a marvelous idea in store for him. It'd be a shame if anything were to happen to him, hm?"

Lucius bowed his head. "Yes, my Lord."

"Wonderful," he smiled crossly. "Leave us." Lucius kept his head lowered as he stepped back into the Meeting Room. The Dark Lord never took his eyes off of the young boy. Curling his fingers, he urged Malfoy to stepped forward. "I'm a little baffled as to how you knew I was going to call you in, boy. Did someone tell you? No. No, they couldn't have, could they? Well?"

Malfoy cleared his throat, speaking meekly. "No one sent for me. I just needed to see my mother."

"Any particular reason?" He smirked, gazing deeply into Malfoy's ice blue eyes; Trying to get a read on anything, anything at all. He knew the boy was trained in Legilimency but that did not mean he was able to conceal all of his thoughts. Especially not from him. "You know, Draco, I see a lot of myself in you. You have a great deal of determination and pride. You can be cruel. However, there's a small part of you that isn't sure what it is that you want. Am I correct?"

Malfoy remained silent and still.

"Never matter, your ability to be ruthless does overpower your compassion. And, that's a marvelous thing, Draco. Compassion is for undeserving fools. Remember that."

Again, Draco kept still.

"Now that you're here, I think I shall send for my other students to come. There's much to be done. And, you have a very important job to do, Draco. After all, as I said, I see a great deal of myself in you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please, please, please, don't forget to comment! <3