Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

All Is Fair In Hate And War

After dinner that night, Snape had personally retrieved both Ashley and Draco from the Great Hall to take them to the Trophy Hall, so they could serve their detention; their first of ten. After a very long, and unwilling, lecture on why House rivalry was wrong, Snape gave them their dish towels and ordered that the whole Hall be cleaned spotless by the time he returned. No exceptions.
Ashley glanced at the clock on the wall, sighing, and pulled her dark brown hair up into a bun before falling to her knees, dabbing and brushing at the lower trophies, leaving the higher ones for Draco. It was only 7:00pm. Detention was over at 10:00pm.

It was 7:05 when Ashley realized she was the only one putting effort into their chore. "Aren't you going to do anything? Or are you just going to stand there?"

Draco quickly glanced in her direction, crossing his arms, and rolled his eyes. Obvioulsy, he was trying his best to pretend like she wasn't there and that he was somewhere else besides the incredibly wonderous and charming Trophy Hall. Not to mention, dirty.

"Or you can do nothing," mumbled Ashley, finishing up on her second trophy.

Draco shook his head, sneering. "A Malfoy doesn't clean. And if it weren't for you and Potter, I wouldn't be here. This is all your fault, Quille."

"My fault?" gasped Ashley. "You made me cuss out a teacher!"

"You turned my hair pink."

"You deserved it!"

"Did not." Draco turned his back, facing the stairs. "Merlin, you're such a disgrace to pureboods everywhere, Quille. Sometimes it's hard to believe you actually are one."

"How?" Ashley rose to her feet, throwing the towel to the floor. "Tell me. How am I more of a disgrace than you?"

"Easy. The Malfoy family is one of the most respected families in the wizarding world; people always hear of our accomplishments." Draco smirked, quirking an eyebrow. "When was the last time anyone ever heard of an accomplishment by a Quille?"

Ashley gritted her teeth and took a step forward, jabbing her finger in Draco's chest. "You listen to me, you little--"

"Miss Quille?" Ashley froze, turning around to be greeted by Snape's crooked smile. "I do hope you weren't just threatening Draco, here. That would be increasingly unlucky for you and your detention record."

"I wasn't, sir, I was just--"

"I wouldn't want to have to expell you for unruly behavior." Snape smirked and let his eyes sweep over the room, taking notice of all of the undusted trophies. "An hour and a half into your detention and you two have yet to accomplish a single row?"

Ashley narrowed her eyes, exhaling loudly. "I've been the only one working, Professor."

"Doubtful." Snape headed for the stairs, taking long strides. "You have one more hour to get finished."

The room grew very quiet as Snape exited the room. Draco still refused to even touch his dish towel while Ashley caved, picking up where she left off. Rows upon rows of trophies waiting to be cleaned.
________________________

"There." announced Ashley, smiling brightly. "All finished."

She glanced at the clock, smiling wider. She had cleaned the whole Trophy Hall, by herself, in only forty-five minutes. Draco, in that forty-five minutes, had been slumped up against the wall, mumbling and muttering about how boring this evening has been for him.

"Good." groaned Draco. "Now I can get out of here."

Ashley glared. "But, you didn't do anything."

"And? Snape said when the Hall was clean we could leave. So, I'm leaving."

"Bastard."

Draco smirked before climbing up the stairs. "Detention tomorrow, remember. You can insult me then. Besides, you don't want to ruin your only five insults."

"Asshole."

"Well, there's a new one." laughed Draco.

Ashley watched him disappear. If tomorrow would be anything like tonight... detention was surely hell. Ashley smiled to herself, throwing the towel in one of the corners. Maybe, she could have some fun tomorrow night.

All is fair in hate and war, right? Because, there sure as hell isn't any love here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally. I got this typed up in twenty minutes. It's not exactly long but I have prom tomorrow night so I have to get up early. Whoo! Prom!
Welp, you people know the drill. Thanks for reading! Now, go comment for me. Please? XD

-Meg