Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

So Secretive

"So, are we going to tell her?"

"Maybe. Probably, but not right now."

"Oh. Soon, though?"

"Yeah. Ash deserves to know. Just not right this minute, alright?"

"Sure."

.....

"Blaise?"

"What?"

"Say it."

"Fine... not right now."

"Thank you."

Ashley bit her lip as she listened to the secret converstion going on between her best friend and her best friend's supposed just friend. Sure, she was happy for them. She just doesn't like being kept in the dark about important things. Important things like -- oh, maybe -- Mia getting a new boyfriend. Important things like -- how about -- Mia's new boyfriend being Slytherin Royalty, Blaise Zabini. Important things like -- oh, I don't know -- Mia's new boyfriend being Draco Malfoy's best friend. Important things like those.
Ashley cocked her head to the side and grinned, seeing the devious side of this situation. If Mia was dating Blaise, and Blaise was Malfoy's best friend... then they could use Blaise to get information on Malfoy. The juicy secrets Malfoy would never tell anyone but one of his closest friends. Yeah, Blaise would fit into their group just fine.

Ashley plastered on a dazzling smile and turned the corner, startling the two. "Hello, all."

"Ashley." announced Mia, catching her balance. "Good morning. Uhm, we were just saying goodbye. Weren't we, Blaise?"

Blaise stumbled. "Uh, yeah. That's what we were doing, so -- Goodbye, Mia. Ashley."

"Bye, Blaise."

"Oh, Blaise?" asked Ashley, smiling coyly. "I thought you were coming to breakfast with us?"

"Oh, no." Blaise shook his head, fumbling with his tie. "I couldn't. I -- I -- I promised Draco that I'd, uhm, water his plant."

"Oh." Ashley shrugged. "Okay, then. Well, we'll see you later, won't we?"

Blaise nodded, jogging off down the hallway. Ashley waved, turning to Mia, and smiled. "So?"

"So, what?"

"Why the sudden rendevous?"

Mia rose her eyebrows, shrugging. "I don't know, Ash. People bump into each other all the time."

Ashley nodded, following Mia into the Great Hall. Mia skipped over to the Gryffindor table where the Golden Trio sat waiting for them. Ron, still sulking along with Harry, turned their heads in a childish manner when Mia arrived at the table. They still weren't over the whole Blaise thing.
Ashley attempted to make her way into the room when an arm shot out in front of her, blocking her way.

Ashley looked up, disgusted. "Watch the distance, Flint."

"Ah, don't be like that, Quille." Flint smiled wide, showing off his horrible yellow teeth. "I just wanna have some fun."

"I. Said. Watch. The--"

"Flint!"

Marcus and Ashley turned aroud to see Draco Malfoy strutting over to them, smirk in place, but glaring heavily. "What are you doing, Flint? And why are you here with Quille?"

Marcus shrugged. "Just tryin' to get somewhere."

"Well, don't be." Malfoy glared, backing Flint into the room. "Go sit down before you catch something."

Ashley snarled, shoving Malfoy in the shoulder. "Hey, watch it!"

Malfoy's eyes widened as he brushed his shoulder off, angry that she touched him. "Don't touch me, Quille."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want to, Malfoy." Ashley poked him in the forehead, smiling.

"I. Said. Don't. Touch. Me."

"Or what?"

"Or I'll have to--"

"What?"

"I'll have to--"

"Hmm?"

"Shut up!"

"You!"

Malfoy closed the gap, pressing himself against her chest. "Don't be smart with me, Quille."

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Oh, but why not? It's so much fun."

"You're gonna loose."

"Loose what?"

"Just wait and see."

Ashley laughed, pushing him back. "You're an idiot."

"No," Malfoy shook his head. "You are."

"Oh, nice comeback, there, Mister."

Malfoy smirked before trudging off towards his table where an overly excited Pansy sat waiting with small amounts of clothing on. Ashley shuddered. No one should have to see Pugface at her worst. Especially the innocent eyes of the first years. It's too bad no one warned them before they came down for breafast. Well, looks like no one will be eating today.

"Ashley?" asked Hermione, tilting her head in Malfoy's direction. "What was that about? He giving you trouble?"

"No. He's just being an idiot again."

"Oh." Hermione nodded. "Do you want to come to the library with me? There's some things I wanted to talk to you about."

"Sure."

"Thank you. I just can't tell anyone else. You're the only girl I'm close to here. Well, besides Ginny and Mia, but if I tell them then I'll never hear the end of it."

Ashley smiled "Is this a boy issue?"

Hermione blushed, hiding her face.

"Is it Victor?"

"Victor?" asked Hermione, scratching the back of her wrist. "I haven't thought about Victor all year."

"Is it Ron?"

Hermione didn't answer as she led them to a back table in the library. Hermione sighed before resting her head on the table and groaned, burrying her face in her folded arms.

"Hermione?" Ashley prodded Hermione in the arm.

"Give me a second, please."

Ashley nodded, waiting for Hermione to speak. When Hermione looked back at her, her face was flushed and pink. Still colored from blushing deeply earlier.

"It took me a while to convince myself but now that I have... I just can't stop thinking about him."

"Who?" Ashley was siting on the edge of her seat, anticipating her answer.

Hermione sighed. "Ronald."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided that I was going to try to fix everyone up. It's more fun that way. Well, what do we all think about Blaise? I think he's adorable! He's just so sweet. Aww.
Anyhoo, here's a new chapter. I'm making Malfoy and Ashley hate each other a lot in the beginning so don't ecpect them to get together for a while. If you stick around to read, that is. Well, thanks for reading! I love you, readers! Don't forget to comment, please.

xoxo - Meg